Consequences for Losing Reputation? Topic

I've cut a few guys past few years and my Rep is at a B-.. I want to get rid of a kicker and punter on my new Team to create more schollie spots. Is there any point that the reputation hurts you?
10/8/2017 12:59 AM
When applying for jobs, could hurt you slightly in recruiting if you are battling a coach with an A+ reputation
10/8/2017 6:03 PM
If you are already at B-, I would maybe cut 1, but not 2. When the season rolls over, your reputation will increase again a little bit - maybe 1/2 a grade. But I don't think you want to go into recruiting with a rep less than a B. If it's too low, you will find that it's a bit harder to get your recruits to turn green.
10/8/2017 6:52 PM
Interesting, thanks for letting me know.... I'll be more careful about that going forward
10/9/2017 12:20 PM
Just make sure you don't cut anyone you recruited; that's double the rep penalty.
10/9/2017 5:06 PM
Sure I slept with that girl I met at the bar...that doesn't mean I should be considered a whore forever
10/15/2017 11:09 PM
Posted by sjurat on 10/15/2017 11:09:00 PM (view original):
Sure I slept with that girl I met at the bar...that doesn't mean I should be considered a whore forever
Wow..That chick in Akron actually accepted one of your passes.
10/16/2017 1:38 AM
Can only quote my own experience. I once had rep Very Low. Long time ago so not sure exact what but way lower than C. It was terrible.
I was worried going into recruiting. But it seemed to have no effect on recruiting. Everything went as smoothly as it could.
This was my experience . Yours may differ ?
10/16/2017 9:33 AM
You offered cars and cash. Had to be....
10/16/2017 2:35 PM
Recently came out of a recruiting cycle where my rep was a C - no noticeable negative effect.
10/17/2017 10:45 PM
It has an effect, but based on your recruiting strategy it might not be as evident. It's not in the top 3 variables, but if all of those are equal, you'll take a hit. I only really notice it late in recruiting when you're in a battle, or when you're trying to flip an undecided without spending much money. Also, if you're down around a C, and you send out a bunch of AC phone calls early in recruiting, I've seen my flip percentage drop from 10%+ down to 5-7%. It also may have an effect in how many players start recruiting already green, but that sample size is so low I can't say with any certainty. If you jump hard on the recruits you want and blow them away, you'll probably never see an effect.
11/5/2017 12:05 PM
Consequences for Losing Reputation? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.