D1 coaching eligibility Topic

Hey IBAers,

I am still fairly new by Whatif standards but I feel like I have had a fair amount of success in a short time and was looking at a D1 jump this offseason but was a tad discouraged about the quality of schools which I was eligible for. These were not North Carolina, Duke, and Kentucky types of schools but, Nebraska, Utah, and New Mexico.

The feedback I received from the schools said they would like to see a longer track record of success. Does anyone know how long this track record must be? My thought process is that if I am going to end up in a tiny school I might as well stay in D2. Any thoughts IBA?

adlorenz
10/8/2017 8:30 AM
Adlorenz, I just made the jump in Iba and did back in December, for Wooden. Generally, you rebuild a Low DI before getting a Big6. However, if you stay in Iba 3-5 more years, you have such a good track record you may be eligible for a very rundown big 6. In Weber State, I may, after this season, have built up enough success to make a jump to a very good Big6. Hope this helps.

Weber State Resume
10/8/2017 9:13 AM
I honestly think you are a good enough coach to take a Low DI or Mid-Major to great heights.
10/8/2017 9:14 AM
D1 coaching eligibility Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.