Wilkinson Central 136 Topic

Current coaches map has been updated. Check them out on the SITE, each map is under the respective division's tab.
DIA: 75 (+1 from 135)
DIAA: 46 (-7 from 135)
DII: 45 ( 0 from 135)
10/8/2017 11:09 AM
Too many coaches at D1A seems to be really hurting the AA numbers
10/8/2017 3:00 PM
AA recruiting is brutal with 75 humans at D1...hard to reset expectations of talent right now.
10/9/2017 11:56 AM
Exactly. D-IAA can be a miserable experience, even under more "normal" circumstances, but it becomes unbearable with almost 2/3 of D-IA full. As it is, even D-IA recruiting requires quite a significant mindset shift from all other worlds.
10/9/2017 1:57 PM
Couple of really interesting 1AA games today:

William & Mary currently leading over Georgia Southern at half 21 to 7. I picked Georgia Southern to finish in front of W&M, but it was close. Duke disproving my crystal ball theories!

Hey everyone, I called this one out in my last podcast...pay attention to the job JAG is doing over at Delaware St. JAG is up 20- 0 over Jacksonville State at half. JSU has more talent without a doubt. JAG has the better game plan today for sure.

nitros
10/15/2017 9:33 AM
New season, New Maze
10/17/2017 7:45 PM
A fun and interesting read in the season's first edition of Jabbering JAG is up! http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/conference-blogs
10/17/2017 8:42 PM
Thanks for posting JAG. Glad I could share a little about myself:)

After re-ready, I already found two corrections that I need to make.

First, I realized after reading it that I wrote Cal Poly, when it was Cal State that OP used to torment me in Yost. Secondly, I would be remiss if I didn't include Nitros in the list of podcasters. It wasn't intentionally left off as I wrote that before Nitros started his podcast.
10/17/2017 10:58 PM
Great interview. Class act chetty and I will say that I was rooting for you in that NC game...that was a game for the ages.

nitros

P.S. JAG = the man.
10/18/2017 12:55 AM
Great job JAG and chetty
10/18/2017 6:26 AM
Posted by chetty1963 on 10/17/2017 10:58:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for posting JAG. Glad I could share a little about myself:)

After re-ready, I already found two corrections that I need to make.

First, I realized after reading it that I wrote Cal Poly, when it was Cal State that OP used to torment me in Yost. Secondly, I would be remiss if I didn't include Nitros in the list of podcasters. It wasn't intentionally left off as I wrote that before Nitros started his podcast.
LoL. If I'm not mistaken, that was S70! I had that Cal State team rocking and rolling back then. Thought about going back there for a bit to have some fun with you all in YOST, but I was too slow on the trigger and someone snapped up that Cal St team! You always gave me fits if it's any sort of consolation prize!
10/18/2017 7:44 PM
New 1AA WilkTalks Podcast out https://wilktalks.podbean.com/e/contenders-pretenders-and-up-enders/

Teams discussed:

N. Iowa
W&M
GA Southern
Marist
Tx State
Samford
St. Mary's
Dayton
Jacksonville St.
Grambling St.
APB
Maine
Robert Morris
DE State

Also, a bit of a discussion about roster building based on Slack Chat today.

D1AA discussion only.

Enjoy

nitros (James)

P.S. I am still not great at this, but the end of the podcast actually has some interesting information on roster building. Yes, I will try to stop saying Elite and Woodshed as often. I think I do better when I talk about team building and things of that nature...it is more natural for me than talking about teams in depth. Feel free to sitemail me with suggestions (good or bad), especially with things you like/dislike.
10/18/2017 10:39 PM (edited)
10/18/2017 11:05 PM
Also great show nitros!
10/18/2017 11:35 PM
Great show. Bu coach Dayton is getting most of the blame vs what was dealt when I got here. 1 QB on roster who's FIQ was super low. Strength in low 40's. I need to tweak my passing game a bit I have to admit that. I'm not a plug n play coach, I need my trips formation and certain packages. I can't even run my dime because I have to focus my practice minutes on boosting the teams trips FIQ and throwing some PRO FIQ to patch some things while they're learning my offense. So what does that leave Dayton? Running the ball in Pro formation, which is the complete opposite of what I do. And with this engine I fumble too much in big games to hang. I didn't schedule cupcakes either so look for us to get 11 wins and get knocked out. Judge me at year 4.
10/19/2017 6:51 AM
123 Next ▸
Wilkinson Central 136 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.