New to the Basketball sim, but not to WIS Topic

I've been on WIS playing in baseball leagues for years, but I finally am diving into the basketball sim.

A few questions to anyone who can answer for me:

Salary cap: what's the max cap?

Theme league size: what are the options?

Progressive themes: does WIS link multiple seasons for progressives like they do in baseball?

Arenas: looks like a limited selection, especially for historic, older arenas. How do y'all deal with this when you're using players from the 70s, for example? Is there a generally agreed upon "neutral" arena? There's a "WIS Park" in baseball that is neutral, but not one in hoops, or is there?

I'm sure I'll think of other things and have some follow-up questions, so thanks in advance!

- Ted
10/8/2017 5:33 PM
don't know about max cap, but you can make the best possible teams for less than $60m and have tons of extra minutes.

the options are 24, 24, 24 and 24.

we run our own progs with almost no help from wis. And by almost, I mean they will set up a private forum, aaaaaaaaaaaaand that's about it.

I've never paid much attention to arenas, and they have zero impact on the results other than one team being home, the other away.
10/8/2017 5:52 PM
Cool, thanks for the info.
10/8/2017 5:56 PM
How are the divisions aligned? Four six team divisions or six four team divisions?
10/8/2017 7:47 PM
4x6
10/8/2017 7:53 PM
Thanks.
10/8/2017 10:05 PM
I'm new to sim basketball as well, but possibly looking to jump in. I've played sim baseball as well as HBD, but would like to try sim basketball and jump into a league. Any other suggestions for a newbie?

Thanks,
10/15/2017 11:26 AM
I've bumped a few threads you might find edifying
10/15/2017 11:46 AM
Good stuff and much appreciated. Thanks!
10/15/2017 12:15 PM
New to the Basketball sim, but not to WIS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.