Four EES out of four Topic

Posted by zorzii on 10/9/2017 9:28:00 AM (view original):
I am not crying but where is the logic? I lost more than the NT finalists... Impossible to prepare for it. If I get lucky, with six schollies to fill now, even preparing for one leaving won't cut it. I will get lucky If I sign three, two maybe, one is more realistic...
My opinion: Every team should get the same # of APs every season regardless of how many openings you have. I'd start everyone at 80 and maybe take away 10 per signing.

The AP budgets were not well tested in the beta. It would be nice to be able to go back to the beta forums and revisit the discussions on this, but WIS locked the gates.
10/9/2017 12:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/9/2017 12:03:00 PM (view original):
Schools do not have unlimited resources and the NCAA restricts recruit contact. Two facts.

I understand it sucks to have four EE but limited resources/contact are facts of life.
If I am at Clemson, don't you think I know my players are leaving? Do you think my AD is restricting me from pursuing talent to replace them? With that system and with 3-4 schollies unfulfilled and only two real D1 players on the roster, I would get fired.

10/9/2017 12:09 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/9/2017 12:06:00 PM (view original):
I am not crying but where is the logic? I lost more than the NT finalists... Impossible to prepare for it. If I get lucky, with six schollies to fill now, even preparing for one leaving won't cut it. I will get lucky If I sign three, two maybe, one is more realistic...
My opinion: Every team should get the same # of APs every season regardless of how many openings you have. I'd start everyone at 80 and maybe take away 10 per signing.

The AP budgets were not well tested in the beta. It would be nice to be able to go back to the beta forums and revisit the discussions on this, but WIS locked the gates.
Not sure on ap, but if budget and ap were always the same, regardless, at least you fix ees.
10/9/2017 12:12 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by zorzii on 10/9/2017 12:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/9/2017 12:06:00 PM (view original):

Not sure on ap, but if budget and ap were always the same, regardless, at least you fix ees.
I left that out, but $$ should be constant too. Prestige makes some budgets go farther than others.

I don't sympathize with the EE complainers much, but the budget system is fundamentally nonsensical.
10/9/2017 12:16 PM
I find it ironic that zorzii started this thread the morning after chapel won the Crum NT with New Mexico. Repeatedly, zorzii, you have come on these boards and complained about how unfair the EE process is and complained about how one can't compete without those EE caliber players. So let me quickly post for you what chapel posted on the Crum MWC Conference Chat Board this morning after winning the title (as a #1 Seed):

10/09 8:44 AM ...chapelhillne "This one really causes me to rethink my recruiting strategy a bit as there were only four players on the team that had any stars when recruited. Two 5 Stars, one 3 Star and one 1 Star. We had 6 seniors and that tells me that perhaps loading up with 5 star guys that leave early is not always the best strategy."

FWIW, chapel only had one guy on the draft board this season, a 5 star, Soph, PF that was #66 on the draft board and "likely staying" (he did stay).

Clearly, building a team capable of competing can be done without relying on the EE players you complain about losing ad naseum, not only can you compete with a team that isn't loaded top to bottom with those type of guys, you can also win championships.

Well done chapel ...
10/9/2017 12:25 PM
No offense to anyone but Chapel's team is not the best DI champion I have seen.
10/9/2017 12:42 PM
Zorzii that sucks *** I support you 100%.
10/9/2017 12:42 PM
You can win a championship without recruiting EE-level talent but you can't build a DYNASTY without them...

Also, winning a championship is about how your team compares to those in your division so if a few of your opponents manage to roll out elite level talent every season, you better be comparable or be prepared to out game plan them and hope the SIM gods smile on you.

10/9/2017 12:53 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 10/9/2017 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Don't underestimate the power of IQs...
10/9/2017 12:55 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 10/9/2017 12:53:00 PM (view original):
You can win a championship without recruiting EE-level talent but you can't build a DYNASTY without them...

Also, winning a championship is about how your team compares to those in your division so if a few of your opponents manage to roll out elite level talent every season, you better be comparable or be prepared to out game plan them and hope the SIM gods smile on you.

Seems like EE would be a deterrent to DYNASTY building. You know, because they leave early and, from what I hear, are impossible to replace.
10/9/2017 1:14 PM
Posted by mullycj on 10/9/2017 12:55:00 PM (view original):
Don't underestimate the power of IQs...
Especially in press...
10/9/2017 1:19 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/9/2017 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by buddhagamer on 10/9/2017 12:53:00 PM (view original):

Seems like EE would be a deterrent to DYNASTY building. You know, because they leave early and, from what I hear, are impossible to replace.
I've seem to manage it but I'll pretty much say I'm an exception to the rule.

It's funny that HD Division 1 seems to be the only WIS dynasty game has that seems to have a in-game mechanism to make it more difficult for an elite coach to keep a dynasty rolling.
10/9/2017 1:25 PM
I don't know if you'd call the draft and budget constraints an "in-game mechanism" but it's pretty hard to keep a HBD team at the top for extended periods in good worlds.
10/9/2017 1:33 PM
Who cares? They won and that's really the point isn't it?
10/9/2017 1:49 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...13 Next ▸
Four EES out of four Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.