Posted by MWalpole on 10/11/2017 10:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mbriese on 10/11/2017 9:04:00 AM (view original):
You didn’t gameplan. You just played 2-3 (0) and kept your same distribution. They had one halfway competent defender and you took the most shots against him. If you had tried even a little bit then you would have won the game by double digits, even with them shooting 19-21 FTs.
I did gameplan. They have no even decent offensive players (best LP & PER player in the 60’s) so I had no reason to sway the +/- either way.
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3693367

You got screwed. Twice. That doesn't mean you should quit the game. I've been super mad after many NT games (you've seen my forum rants right?) but never pondered leaving.
10/11/2017 11:47 AM
Posted by Benis on 10/11/2017 8:26:00 AM (view original):
"my girlfriend despises how much time I spend playing it. Well don’t worry hun, I’m coming home to you!"

This was my favorite part.
I think I prefer the sentence immediately following when he refers to his girlfriend as “this ridiculousness”.
10/11/2017 11:49 AM
Posted by MWalpole on 10/11/2017 7:04:00 AM (view original):
That’s it...I’m done. I used to love this game, literally obsess over it. It was my outlet to college sports video games since EA got screwed. But I have to stop. Call it sour grapes, but when you put so much into your team and your entire season goes to sh*t because the computer wants to create once in a lifetime upsets...twice. After a respectable 7-3 non-conference schedule with a few respectable wins, Mount St. Mary’s was sitting at 43rd in the RPI. We open our conference play at home against a 1-9 (and 1-63 in their last 64 as they’ve gone 0-27 each of the past two seasons) Stony Brook team as 30 point favorites. And we lost. I was livid and ready to just quit on the spot. I decide to be a man and take it and move on. We won our next 3 games and last night faced off at home against a 1-12 Monmouth team as 32 point favorites. Well, we blew an 11 point halftime lead and lost again. Our RPI now sits at 146. Season ruined. I’ve wasted too much money on this game and my girlfriend despises how much time I spend playing it. Well don’t worry hun, I’m coming home to you! Screw this ridiculousness. Find me one team that’s ever been 30+ point favorites and lost outright, twice. You won’t. This game just likes messing with you. I’m out.
and yet you beat me. i should be the one angry here lol.
10/11/2017 12:38 PM
save your complaints for when you're ranked #1 and you get that kind of upset to the 16 seed in the NT...something that literally has never happened in real life. talk about a ruined season, lol
10/11/2017 1:12 PM
Hippo lol yea i saw when that happened. Absolutely insane.

Also, I’m -51 against an 0-16 Robert Morris squad tonight. Any takers on whether I lose this one too??
10/11/2017 11:16 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Let’s make the final game score mimic the spread given prior to the game. That way every games plays out exactly the way you want it to:)
10/12/2017 5:37 PM
Not if you're the underdog.
10/12/2017 6:15 PM
Posted by zorzii on 10/11/2017 7:47:00 AM (view original):
Hang in there and always go 2-3 +2 against sims. They tend to shoot better than humans forsome reason.
3-2 -1 against sims.
10/12/2017 6:29 PM
I feel your pain. Although the crazy game said I was an underdog, I was way better than the team I was playing. Actually they had a starter at DEF 9 so I went right at him but still lost.

Then I looked at why. EIGHTEEN F'N OFF REBS. There's almost always a reason.

Years ago I lost a Sweet 16 game on a full court shot!
10/13/2017 4:28 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.