Recruiting for final season Topic

Next season will be my last season at MC in Knight. Would I be penalized for this recruiting approach: targeting established JUCOs and promising them starts & major minutes?
i need two backups for my bench so I would not be fulfilling the promises given. Could this damage my job application for DII after that season via a coach reputation/loyalty?
i want to leave DIII with a bang but my great ideas usually end up biting me in the butt.
10/11/2017 6:09 PM
Once you are gone, you are gone. As long as you do not go to a program that indicates "step backwards", nothing from D3 will scar you at D2. Going to a squad labeled "step backwards" will hurt you, but only slightly.
10/12/2017 7:36 AM
I thought broken promises would hurt your rep which would follow you to your next job
10/12/2017 7:59 AM
I read it wrong perhaps. I thought he was asking if he recruited JUCO's with promises in Part 1 recruiting, and then left at rollover. If you make a promise, and then take another job I would not think it is a broken promise. In fact, I think the Sim is "dumb" as to this and will comply with your promise after you leave.
10/12/2017 10:05 AM
If he is leaving before they play why would he say he's using them as backups.
10/12/2017 10:08 AM
I think he's saying THIS season he will recruit the Jucos to USE for next season, as his last at that school. With intention to offer starts/minutes to get the best jucos available. Then throughout that season, will use the jucos as backups (not fulfilling the promises), and THEN bounce the following season. So the question basically, is can he leave the school before the jucos negative feedback will effect his personal resume? Am I correct there
10/12/2017 12:04 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 10/12/2017 12:04:00 PM (view original):
I think he's saying THIS season he will recruit the Jucos to USE for next season, as his last at that school. With intention to offer starts/minutes to get the best jucos available. Then throughout that season, will use the jucos as backups (not fulfilling the promises), and THEN bounce the following season. So the question basically, is can he leave the school before the jucos negative feedback will effect his personal resume? Am I correct there
I had the same understanding of his question.
10/12/2017 12:15 PM
Broken promises have an instant effect on your reputation so immediately after the NCG is played, the JUCOs would likely transfer away and his reputation will take a hit immediately. So when the new jobs period starts the next morning, his reputation has already been affected (or even if he didn't renew, it still would be affected).
10/12/2017 2:11 PM
This is correct. I am attempting to get an edge over majority of DIII by giving maximum amount of promises but not fulfilling. This was definitely result in unhappy players, but will their unhappiness hurt me in anyway since I will be coaching elsewhere?
10/12/2017 3:24 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 10/12/2017 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Broken promises have an instant effect on your reputation so immediately after the NCG is played, the JUCOs would likely transfer away and his reputation will take a hit immediately. So when the new jobs period starts the next morning, his reputation has already been affected (or even if he didn't renew, it still would be affected).
I am renewed indefinitely and I am not planning on leaving HD anytime in the near future. The question is "will this hurt my coaching career?" and right now the answer is "HELL YES"
10/12/2017 3:26 PM
Yes it will hurt you from what I am aware of. However I wonder if a deep playoff run would be a big enough boost to balance it out. Does anyone know what round in the National Tournament you would have to make it to in order to mitigate or eliminate the negative effects of broken promises on your reputation? Does anyone know if this is possible?

If it is possible to overcome it with a deep playoff run then it becomes a matter of whether or not you are willing to make that gamble.
10/12/2017 4:04 PM
Recruiting for final season Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.