S136 Coach of the Year (Final) Topic

The time is now to keep your eye on any coach who you feel may be worthy of the COY award! I will start asking for nominee's at the start of quarterfinals through the NC.

10/12/2017 1:57 AM
Gentlemen, Now's the Time to send in your nominees for Coach of the Year!

Remember they don't have to win the fancy trophy which is already a great reward, so just send in the name of the coach that you feel based on your standards best represents coach of the year.

To vote just send me a sitemail the coaches name.

Each nominee counts as a vote when you send it.

The deadline for voting is
Thursday, 10/19 at 11:59PM PST
10/15/2017 9:36 PM
With only 11 SR's and 9 JR's on his roster and playing in the NC tonight I nominate akua. I'm sure others already have but this at least deserves nominating. TAMC will be tough to beat ever when they are still winning and as young as they are. My actual vote maybe different from my nominee.

As for Coach jibe, he ought to be fired from West Liberty State for his teams continued lethargic play.
10/16/2017 4:42 PM
Thanks Jibe!

Here we go, we have another day of voting left.

The Nominee's are - Please get your vote in by 10/19 before 11:59PM PST!

2000champou
West Chester was ranked #5 to start the season and finished this season 17-1 with a loss in the semi-finals. This was an improvement over last season's finish at 15-1 and making it to the second round. They recruited #3 after last season recruiting #8 marking a +5 improvement. Notable wins were against Bloomsburg 19-9, S. Connecticut 36-0, Saint Joseph's 54-17 and Presbyterian 32-17. This was their first season making it to the Semi-Finals since 2000champou took over in season 130.

Spthibodeau
Northern Michigan was ranked #2 to start the season and won the national championship at 19-0. This was an improvement over last season's finish at 14=2 and making it to the second round. They recruited the #9 class after recruiting #4 last season, this marks a -5 decline. Notable wins were against Virginia State, Findlay, Saginaw Valley St, Ferris State x2, West Liberty State, WInona State, Cheyney and Texas A&M Commerce. This season marks the first season since season 132 that they won the National Championship. This is Spthibodeau's 9th NC with NMU.

Rposborne
Presbyterian entered the season ranked #4 and finished 16-1 with a loss in the quarterfinals. Their finish was the same as last season and have had back to back 16 win seasons. They recruited the #2 recruit class after recruiting the #23 class last season marking a +21 rank improvement. Notable wins against N. Alabama, Shepherd x2, Tusculum and Bloomsburg. This is the second season with quarterfinal appearances after not finishing past the 2nd round for 4 seasons.

Akua29
Texas A&M-Commerce
TAMC entered the season ranked #1 and finished 18-1 with a loss in the national championship. They reached the NC for two seasons straight but loss this season while winning last season. They recruited the #1 class after recruiting the #1 class last season. Notable wins were against Tarleton State x2, Midwestern State, Valdosta State and West Chester. This is the second season for TAMC finishing in the national championship after 2 semi-final appearances.

10/18/2017 10:13 PM
It's really close, if you haven't voted yet, send me a sitemail!
10/19/2017 11:05 PM
That was the closest one yet! Thank you to all the coaches who voted.

The results are in, congratulations to S136 Coach of the Year!
10/20/2017 3:08 AM
Thank you for the honor of being Rockne COY! I'm a little sheepish about it I must say. If you saw the way Akua's team dismantled us in the semis you might have changed your vote! Great list of nominees. Hats off to our champ Spthibodeau another NC for the trophy case and Rposborne is building a monster at Presbyterian. The future looks bright for D2 Rockne and it is because of all the effort put in with this extra content and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. There is great competition in this league and everyone here plays the right way! Thanks again for the recognition and I will see your teams next season on the field of play!
10/20/2017 10:26 AM
Posted by 2000champou on 10/20/2017 10:26:00 AM (view original):
Thank you for the honor of being Rockne COY! I'm a little sheepish about it I must say. If you saw the way Akua's team dismantled us in the semis you might have changed your vote! Great list of nominees. Hats off to our champ Spthibodeau another NC for the trophy case and Rposborne is building a monster at Presbyterian. The future looks bright for D2 Rockne and it is because of all the effort put in with this extra content and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. There is great competition in this league and everyone here plays the right way! Thanks again for the recognition and I will see your teams next season on the field of play!
I will tell you why I nominated/voted for you. For the last few seasons coaches like myself, Akua, Spthibodeau, and maybe one or 2 more were expected to get where they got. They had teams that if they didn't get to the finals or at least the final 4 they didn't live up to their potential. If they did get there and even win it they met expectations not exceeded them. Even though you may have been beaten in the semis you still earned your award by getting there and establishing that you will be a contender from here on out. Don't get me wrong akua and Spthibodeau are great coaches and could win this award every year. I look for the underdog, the team that comes from out of the norm of teams to do good things. You fit that perfectly this year and IMO deserved the award above all others.
10/20/2017 2:04 PM
S136 Coach of the Year (Final) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.