in the middle of recruiting and Im out of money because this was one heck of a bad cycle. No good recruits in my area, first 30 recruits scouted were all mediocre dev, etc. fast forward. im broke with 5 open slots left. ever since I started I have avoided extra benefits to recruits because I just don't know how it impacts the game. is it worth a shot of slipping these remaining recruits a couple bucks to try and get them to sign or does it only help sign certain recruits that have hinted they want something extra. (something I have never really seen)
10/12/2017 4:20 PM
I have tried this tactic a couple times at DII & 1AA with nearly the same result. The recruit may or may not accept the perk, school administration will send a letter saying "That's not how we do business here! We expect higher moral standards from our employees!!". You may also find yourself subject to investigation from the WCAA! Your reputation may also take a hit.

Other coaches may have found differing results, but my advice is to avoid this tactic.

10/12/2017 5:32 PM
i tried it two or three times and didn't get away with it

i was looking for a keyword in the scouting replies

one of them was something like "keep sending the green" and i took it to mean this guy wants to be bought

he got all insulted said he wasn't raised that way

i say do it this once whole hog and tell us what happens
10/12/2017 5:46 PM
I tried it once way back in maybe 2011 or so? It helped me land the recruit and I was investigated but cleared. Never tried it again for whatever reason
10/13/2017 4:18 PM
I don't have the option to send gifts. What's that mean?
10/13/2017 5:46 PM
Not high enough level. We are not competitive enough at lower levels to deserve the full suite of options that our betters have...lol....
10/13/2017 6:03 PM
I'm in D1. I remember I could use it but never have the option anymore.
10/13/2017 6:09 PM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 10/13/2017 5:46:00 PM (view original):
I don't have the option to send gifts. What's that mean?
It means you don't have any remaining seasons after this one.Add a season and renew and you will have the option to give gifts.
10/13/2017 6:59 PM
add a season AT2

its your chance to cheat legally
10/14/2017 9:32 PM
Can you offer booster gifts without offering scholarships? Will you get penalized if you offer Booster Gifts to a player you don't sign?
10/16/2017 1:14 PM
I'm not sure, but I think that would be really dumb.
10/16/2017 1:22 PM
Well say you were battling against a guy for a certain recruit. If you offered booster gifts to some of his other recruits, it might cause him to allocate more money to those players and away from the recruit you actually want. So you sign the guy you wanted "legally" and don't sign any of the illegally recruited guys.
10/16/2017 1:45 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.