If you built the ideal team for FB / FCP, but... Topic

Let's say you built a team perfectly suited to fastbreak / FCP team - absolutely elite in ATH, SPD, DEF and STA, good in BH, but pretty average in everything else. You could probably compete for a title if your four cores were high enough. But what if you then converted that same squad to motion / man or triangle / man? How much effectiveness would you lose?

(I know this is a vague hypothetical, I just want to see if others think about this differently that I have.)
10/13/2017 11:00 AM
If you have elite ath/spd/def/ST then you're probably going to be pretty damn good in any O/D. The awesome ST is probably wasted a bit in Zone as is the depth that you'd have running the FB/Press.

But I guess said differently - if you took a classic mfmyers Dickinson team from a couple years ago which had basically no bh/pass and all ath/def and converted it from FB/Press to flex/zone then yeah I think the drop off would be pretty significant.
10/13/2017 11:22 AM
Defensively, they would be fine, once the IQs caught up. Players who have elite ATH/SPD/DEF/STAM are elite defenders in any scheme.

I think they would struggle offensively. FB/Press teams are predicated on forcing turnovers and converting them into easy baskets. Take the turnovers out of the equation and the offense sputters (which is why a team with several elite ballhandlers can usually beat a FB/P team). Once they are forced into playing a half court offense, who can they rely on to score?

In an empty conference against only SIMS, they would probably be fine and win the conference and go to the NT consistently. But good teams would shut them down defensively.
10/13/2017 2:33 PM
Speed matters slightly less in the new O/D, ST matters slightly less in new O/D and Def matter slightly more in new O/D, but if you're good in those cores, you're good in any O/D.
I would add lp and per are more important in real offenses than in FB.
10/13/2017 3:19 PM
Appreciate the input, guys.
10/18/2017 9:00 AM
If you built the ideal team for FB / FCP, but... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.