Recruiting: More Scholarships Than Open Topic

Simple question: Given the timing of recruiting in 3.0 are you able to sign more players than you have current openings? If for instance, you have a guy you will probably lose to the draft, but only 2 graduating seniors I'm wondering if it's possible to sign 3 guys, anticipating the draft guy will probably be gone (and I guess you'd have to rescind another scholarship if he didn't leave).

Thanks.
10/13/2017 11:47 AM
Posted by dw172300 on 10/13/2017 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Simple question: Given the timing of recruiting in 3.0 are you able to sign more players than you have current openings? If for instance, you have a guy you will probably lose to the draft, but only 2 graduating seniors I'm wondering if it's possible to sign 3 guys, anticipating the draft guy will probably be gone (and I guess you'd have to rescind another scholarship if he didn't leave).

Thanks.
No.
10/13/2017 11:52 AM
Really? That's super-lame. I guess it makes sense though if you're worried about the highest prestige teams signing 15 guys constantly and keeping the best talent even more concentrated than in the old game.
10/13/2017 1:25 PM
Posted by dw172300 on 10/13/2017 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Really? That's super-lame. I guess it makes sense though if you're worried about the highest prestige teams signing 15 guys constantly and keeping the best talent even more concentrated than in the old game.
Yeah, you can't pull a Tom Crean and over recruit.
10/13/2017 2:02 PM
to avoid ambiguity - you can OFFER more than you have - but you can only sign as many as you have slots
10/14/2017 5:08 AM
You anticipate the possible EE by targeting a late preference recruit. If the EE stays, you don't need the recruit. If he leaves, you're in position to replace him. Of course nothing's guaranteed.
10/14/2017 9:05 AM
What happens if you fill all your scholarships available in the first round? Do "late" recruits drop off your high considering list? Or do they stay at very high or high?
11/20/2018 3:22 AM
They stay at VH or H until others add attention. There is always the possibility you'll rescind scholarships in the second recruiting session.
11/20/2018 9:39 AM
Recruiting: More Scholarships Than Open Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.