Productive Outs Topic

Arguing is like crack to BL. He needs a fix, doesn't matter from who.
10/20/2017 7:50 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/20/2017 7:49:00 PM (view original):
BL is desperate to argue with anybody who is willing to engage him.

So pathetic.
LOL you started this thread specifically to argue with me. It’s at least the fourth time you’ve done it.
10/20/2017 7:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bad_luck on 10/20/2017 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/20/2017 7:49:00 PM (view original):
BL is desperate to argue with anybody who is willing to engage him.

So pathetic.
LOL you started this thread specifically to argue with me. It’s at least the fourth time you’ve done it.
I start these threads to poke you because you amuse me.

But you are DESPERATE for somebody to argue with.

That's funny. And that's why I start these threads.

10/20/2017 10:52 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/20/2017 7:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/20/2017 7:16:00 PM (view original):
what does that even mean? Yes, it would have been better if on some of those 200+ strikeouts he put the ball in play. Many of them may have been turned into outs anyway, but surely some of them would not. Like you've said many times a hit is better than an out.
So your argument is that he made outs too frequently?
This is great!
10/21/2017 7:54 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/20/2017 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/20/2017 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Arguing that a player striking out over 200 times in a season is just fine and dandy is an utterly retarded argument.
Would it have been better if those outs had been in play?

Or are you saying he made outs too often?
So, he struck out 200+ times.

If he stuck out 150 times, do you think all of the 50+ are outs?

Keep in mind, he's a big man. He doesn't have to "swing with all his might" to hit a ball really hard.

What say ye, BigLiar?
10/21/2017 7:50 PM
what does that even mean? Yes, it would have been better if on some of those 200+ strikeouts he put the ball in play. Many of them may have been turned into outs anyway, but surely some of them would not. Like you've said many times a hit is better than an out.
So you're arguing that you wouldn't want him to make outs less frequently?
10/22/2017 1:02 AM
Posted by sjpoker on 10/20/2017 8:28:00 PM (view original):
I'm here for the entertainment of watching BL make an *** of himself. And not one person agrees with him. Not a single person.
I think it's funny that you and tec seem to think "we all think you're wrong" is actually a significant point. I guess it's because neither of you is capable of formulating an actual coherent argument. Who does history remember more fondly, Socrates or the people who executed him for continuing to express unpopular opinions?
10/22/2017 2:21 AM
Socrates orchestrated his own death.

He was guilty of questionable associations and spreading stupidity in the streets.

History has merely romanticized him.
10/22/2017 2:57 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/22/2017 1:02:00 AM (view original):
So you're arguing that you wouldn't want him to make outs less frequently?
Well, I’m certainly not complaining about his OBP. My point is that “he should have made less outs,” is a different argument than “the types of outs he made mattered.”
10/22/2017 9:40 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
BL's problem is that he has an obsessive-compulsive need to turn everything into an argument.

Clearly, the point of this thread was that sometimes the way you make outs matter. Advancing a runner into scoring position on a ground out is better than a a strikeout. Advancing a runner from second to third, or scoring him from third on a sac fly, is better than a strikeout.

But rather than just agreeing to that, he digs a hole and jumps into it headfirst with his "strikeouts are just a different kind of out" and "over the course of looking back over an entire season, how outs are made doesn't matter", etc. bullshit nonsense.

If he had any self-awareness, he would see that this kind of behavior is what makes him look like the biggest idiot on the internet. And poking him provides great entertainment.
10/22/2017 11:40 AM
^^^ Completely agreed.
10/22/2017 12:27 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/22/2017 11:40:00 AM (view original):
BL's problem is that he has an obsessive-compulsive need to turn everything into an argument.

Clearly, the point of this thread was that sometimes the way you make outs matter. Advancing a runner into scoring position on a ground out is better than a a strikeout. Advancing a runner from second to third, or scoring him from third on a sac fly, is better than a strikeout.

But rather than just agreeing to that, he digs a hole and jumps into it headfirst with his "strikeouts are just a different kind of out" and "over the course of looking back over an entire season, how outs are made doesn't matter", etc. bullshit nonsense.

If he had any self-awareness, he would see that this kind of behavior is what makes him look like the biggest idiot on the internet. And poking him provides great entertainment.
Well, a) we’ve had this argument like 7 times already. If anyone is desperate to argue about it, it’s you, the guy who has started multiple threads on the topic. Regardless of your desire to poke me.

B) I’ve said, several times, that there are situations where you prefer one type of out to another. But those situations are, in the context of all outs, rare. They also tend to balance out over time. I’ll say it again, because apparently you can’t read, most of the time, a strikeout isn’t any worse than any other out. Sometimes a K is a little worse (but on par with outs in play like pop-outs and shallow fly balls). Sometimes a K is better than certain outs in play (but on par with outs in play like pop-outs and shallow fly balls).
10/22/2017 4:14 PM
"But those situations are, in the context of all outs, rare."

Proving that you don't watch baseball.

What is your definition of "rare"? Because I would guess if you actually watched baseball games, you would have noticed that there are probably 8 to 10 instances (or more) per game where a productive out would leave a team in a better scoring position than a non productive out (i.e. strikeout).
10/22/2017 4:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...37|38|39|40|41...45 Next ▸
Productive Outs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.