Productive Outs Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 10/23/2017 12:48:00 PM (view original):
The fact that you keep dismissing strikeouts as "just a different kind of out" is why there had literally hundreds of pages across multiple threads of you arguing with the world.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, agrees with you because it's an utterly stupid and indefensible statement. Yet you attempt to argue and defend it because you refuse to back off it.

Do you ever stop for even a second and think to yourself "maybe I'm missing something very basic here"?
The fact that you keep acting like a strikeout is materially different from the vast majority other outs is why I know you're an idiot.
10/23/2017 12:52 PM
Do us a favour, bad_trump. Let us know what % of outs in play across MLB drive in runs every year. Then let us know what % of strikeouts drive in runs. If the former is lower than the latter, I'll defer to you on anything baseball related from this day forward.
10/23/2017 1:02 PM
I give up.
10/23/2017 2:44 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/23/2017 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Do us a favour, bad_trump. Let us know what % of outs in play across MLB drive in runs every year. Then let us know what % of strikeouts drive in runs. If the former is lower than the latter, I'll defer to you on anything baseball related from this day forward.
If the guy who doesn't understand baseball says it, it must be true!
10/23/2017 3:05 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/23/2017 3:05:00 PM (view original):
If I wanted to argue with jtptard, I’d unblock him.
10/23/2017 3:12 PM
I don't believe you'll decline the opportunity to argue with anyone.
10/23/2017 3:21 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/23/2017 12:52:00 PM (view original):
The fact that you keep dismissing strikeouts as "just a different kind of out" is why there had literally hundreds of pages across multiple threads of you arguing with the world.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, agrees with you because it's an utterly stupid and indefensible statement. Yet you attempt to argue and defend it because you refuse to back off it.

Do you ever stop for even a second and think to yourself "maybe I'm missing something very basic here"?
The fact that you keep acting like a strikeout is materially different from the vast majority other outs is why I know you're an idiot.
Your stance is essentially two empty plates are the same.

One was a steak and one was a pile of crap but it doesn't matter because now they are both empty plates.
10/23/2017 3:42 PM (edited)
Posted by bad_luck on 10/23/2017 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/23/2017 3:05:00 PM (view original):
If I wanted to argue with jtptard, I’d unblock him.
Ya, that's why you "blocked" me. Nothing to do with the fact that I pointed out all the contradictions in your arguments.

Like saying Stanton and Rendon were the best players in the NL this year, but casting your MVP vote for neither, despite your constant mantra that "best" = "most valuable"

Or claiming your MVP vote wasn't based solely on offense, despite the fact you voted for Votto, who by your own words would be solely an offensive vote.

But as I said above, I'll defer to you on all things baseball moving forward if you can show me that strikeouts produce more runs each year than outs in play. Here's your chance.
10/23/2017 3:39 PM
Posted by edsortails on 10/23/2017 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/23/2017 12:52:00 PM (view original):

Your stance is essentially two empty plates are the same.

One was a steak and one was a pile of crap but it doesn't matter because now they are both empty plates.
Kind of a weird analogy, because, on the spectrum of food, outs certainly aren’t steaks.

More like, a productive out is a burger from In N Out, a regular non-productive out is a burger from McDonalds, and a GIDP is a frozen, packaged, ready for microwave White Castle burger.

There’s a quality difference between the first two but it’s relatively small. There’s a bigger gap between them and the third and if you try to survive full time on any of the three, you’re ******.
10/23/2017 4:12 PM
Its actually a perfect analogy because you are basing your entire stance on 2 already empty plates.
10/23/2017 4:15 PM
Well, I don't know, it's why arguing with analogies is stupid. Outs aren't empty plates. Or food. Or anything else. They're outs.
10/23/2017 4:50 PM
Watching BL argue 'productive outs' is probably akin to all the Vietnamese who watched the monks set themselves on fire in the 1960s.
10/23/2017 4:58 PM
What's this 2 empty plates nonsense? There's one plate, home. The others are called bases. It's not plateball, man.
10/23/2017 5:05 PM
Posted by edsortails on 10/23/2017 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Its actually a perfect analogy because you are basing your entire stance on 2 already empty plates.
I think a better analogy for BL would be "There's no difference between eating a steak or a pile of ****. Both will fill your belly. And the steak is just gonna turn to **** anyway."
10/24/2017 10:07 AM
the steak may taste a little better too.
10/24/2017 11:39 AM
◂ Prev 1...41|42|43|44|45 Next ▸
Productive Outs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.