Player development help Topic

To you more experienced guys...can you offer some suggestions on player development?
10/15/2017 11:53 AM
Playing time, training and coaching is what develops players. There's no magic formula but, if you want your players to develop fully physically, 20m in training.

Users who ignore their minors probably don't know this but, if your minor league team plays deep into the playoffs, you sometimes get an extra development cycle.
10/15/2017 12:15 PM
And make sure your top-rated guys are in the lineup every day, regardless of performance. Same with pitchers. Make sure they are active after getting whatever rest they need.
10/15/2017 5:05 PM
Posted by drummer_66 on 10/15/2017 5:05:00 PM (view original):
And make sure your top-rated guys are in the lineup every day, regardless of performance. Same with pitchers. Make sure they are active after getting whatever rest they need.
For position players, do this regardless of durability. Especially if you have 20 million medical. A guy with a red 64 will still get bumps. And if they get injured, you can get even bigger bumps by putting them on the DL.
10/16/2017 8:04 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I put my top prospects wherever my best minor coaches are at. This usually means AAA, even if the guy is 18 y/o. If it's close between coaches I put them with the one with better patience.
10/16/2017 7:12 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 10/16/2017 8:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by drummer_66 on 10/15/2017 5:05:00 PM (view original):
For position players, do this regardless of durability. Especially if you have 20 million medical. A guy with a red 64 will still get bumps. And if they get injured, you can get even bigger bumps by putting them on the DL.
Why would you advocate for this? This is awful advice.
10/16/2017 7:23 PM
Player development help Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.