redshirt issues..... Topic

I have 2 returning centers and I recruited 3 more with intent to redshirt one of them. I offered zero promises to 2 of the 3. I tried to redshirt each one of the 2..... one lost 6 WE, the other lost a ton. Tried the first guy again to accept the 6 point WE loss and hope for the best that he doesn't leave next season. This time, HE lost a ton of points as well. Do ALL recruits lose WE when redshirted now? I haven't redshirted any player that I have recruited since I returned to this game. Also, any suggestions? I want to redshirt one of them badly.
10/16/2017 11:15 AM
Also, I thought it was kind of understood for players to recognize the depth chart ahead of them. As in "man I'm the worst center on this team. I'll take a redshirt, why not?"
10/16/2017 11:19 AM
I've redshirted a player almost every season in 3.0.

If you offered PT, you've got problems.
10/16/2017 11:24 AM
I understand that. But I didn't. Do all recruits lose WE when redshirted now? I don't know why else this would happen
10/16/2017 11:41 AM
No, they do not. None of the players I redshirted lost WE. The only ones that have been problems were upperclassmen.
10/16/2017 11:44 AM
Could have something to do with listed positions. You only have three listed C. Maybe they don't "think" they're 4 and 5 on the C depth chart.
10/16/2017 11:46 AM
I assumed that as well. If I take the -6 WE, will that stay, or as the season goes along, will it get worse? And since the first time I tried it was -6, and the second time I tried it went down more, will it ever get back to being just the -6? Say, if I try again after the exhibition games? I read these forums a lot now. And I don't wanna be that guy that you all bash for clicking the redshirt for hours. I'm afraid to touch it again honestly. I just really really wanted to redshirt this player. If not him, AT LEAST one of the two guys that I didn't make promises to.
10/16/2017 11:52 AM
I changed one, AFTER the fact. I moved Williams to PF. But that was after I couldn't redshirt him or Schoenberg. Schonberg is the main guy I'm trying to redshirt. He's the one that got the -6
10/16/2017 11:53 AM
I don't think that redshirt thing works anymore.

I honestly don't know the answer to your question. I've not had an issue with underclassmen taking the RS so I don't know the effects of a WE hit as the season progresses.
10/16/2017 11:54 AM
Ok appreciate the help. Can someone else chime in please, in the next day or two. If Schonberg will take the -6 hit, and not leave or continue to decrease, and anyone here can confirm that, I'm ok with that situation.
10/16/2017 11:57 AM
It won't decrease anymore. You are okay.
10/16/2017 11:59 AM
And he won't leave also, correct? (Assuming it's -6)
10/16/2017 12:02 PM
It won’t get worse as the season goes on.

I havent heard of a case where the same player had a significantly different drop. You can send CS a ticket to clarify, but most likely you just won’t be able to redshirt anyone this year. It happens. If you didn’t promise anything, and they’re not much more talented than the guys above them, they usually take it, but not always. The only way to guarantee they’ll take it is if you inform during recruiting, but then you run the risk of losing effort credit. IMO, it’s best not to inform, unless you don’t want the player on the roster without a redshirt year.

In the future, a 6 point drop is not a big deal, unless his work ethic is already very low. Dropping from 24 to 18, for example, is very noticeable. Dropping 45 to 39 will be less noticeable over the course of his career.
10/16/2017 12:03 PM
I keep trying. And I even set Williams back to C. Neither one will take the redshirt. And they keep dropping lower every time I try. i won't be able to redshirt either one. AGGRAVATING
10/16/2017 12:08 PM
The increased WE hit with each additional attempt is probably due to the previous redshirt cheat. Blame thewizard17 for that one.
10/16/2017 12:12 PM
12345 Next ▸
redshirt issues..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.