redshirt issues..... Topic

Hahaha that's fine. Hindsight, I would've taken the 6 and dealt with it. I didn't think it would change. I figured I'd try someone else, and go right back to the -6 if it didn't work out.
10/16/2017 12:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/16/2017 12:12:00 PM (view original):
The increased WE hit with each additional attempt is probably due to the previous redshirt cheat. Blame thewizard17 for that one.
No. Its always been that way.
10/16/2017 12:16 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/16/2017 12:16:00 PM (view original):
The increased WE hit with each additional attempt is probably due to the previous redshirt cheat. Blame thewizard17 for that one.
Really? Did you get some inflated WE from players as well using the ol' "redshirt on/redshirt off" cheat?
10/16/2017 12:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/16/2017 12:18:00 PM (view original):
Really? Did you get some inflated WE from players as well using the ol' "redshirt on/redshirt off" cheat?
Yes and you'll never catch me! har har har
10/16/2017 12:23 PM
I know this is probably wishful thinking, but what if I move my PF to C, move a SF to PF to fulfill roster requirements, play my 2 exhibition games (showing Schonberg that he CLEARLY won't see the court), and then try again..... legitimate thought? Or am I approaching thewizard17 status? (No offense wizard. I know nothing about that situation. I just used the analogy so I get a response!)
10/16/2017 12:24 PM
Talk about backfire..... all my responders quit on me after that one. Moral of the story..... tough it out, and don't approach wizard17 status
10/16/2017 12:53 PM
Roster moves likely won't make the recruit accept the changes any differently. What is suppose to happen is exactly what you are seeing in that if you don't inform the recruit during recruiting of a possible redshirt, there's the chance of a WE drop when your apply the redshirt. If you subsequently remove the redshirt, the WE drop should return back to its previous value (there was a bug where the WE would actually randomly jump and WE would actually *increase* when the redshirt was removed but that supposedly has been fixed).

If you apply the redshirt yet again, the WE drop is suppose to get even worse subsequent attempts (so there is no benefit supposedly to offering it multiple times using apply/remove). So for the future, if you want to redshirt a new recruit, either inform them of the redshirt during recruiting (at which point, if they sign with you they should accept the redshirt with ZERO WE drop) or take the risk afterwards such that if you offer the redshirt AND the WE drop is acceptable the *first* time you offer it, just leave it on.
10/16/2017 1:01 PM
I don't think exhibition PT will matter. I play my expected RS goes in both Exhibition Games, usually a start as well, and they accept RS. I can't imagine sitting them would work any differently.

10/16/2017 1:04 PM
Ok thanks guys
10/16/2017 1:09 PM
No. This was a change with 2.0.

Before that you could continue to try to redshirt multiple times and the player MAY change his mind and take it.
10/16/2017 1:18 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 10/16/2017 12:24:00 PM (view original):
I know this is probably wishful thinking, but what if I move my PF to C, move a SF to PF to fulfill roster requirements, play my 2 exhibition games (showing Schonberg that he CLEARLY won't see the court), and then try again..... legitimate thought? Or am I approaching thewizard17 status? (No offense wizard. I know nothing about that situation. I just used the analogy so I get a response!)
That shouldn't work. People used to do that some time ago and the developers wrote in a code that makes the first RS penalty a constant
10/16/2017 1:51 PM
I think freshman redshirt refusals should be taken out of DIII play because honestly why would a DIII freshman player refuse a redshirt?! They aren't going pro, and these 4-5 years are the probably the last time that they will ever play basketball competitively.
10/16/2017 2:34 PM
Because they expect to graduate in 4 years and move on with their life? Taking a redshirt at D3 probably limits D3 players to three last playing years.

Truth is, D3 and D2 should probably refuse all RS.
10/16/2017 2:36 PM
Well they could graduate in 4 years and opt out of using the extra FREE 5th year option. Since it is DIII, there are more educational incentive to being redshirted than reasons to refuse a RS. A 5th year would allow for student athletes to add another major, shoot for a master's degree, or take 12 credit hours each semester and earn a degree in 5 years. Its an extra free year of school, if a player refuses a redshirt, they are probably going to spend that year on the bench anyways.

I graduated from a DI school last May and the majority of freshman football players were redshirted. The football players that I knew were more excited about having a 5th year option to choose from rather than sit the bench with little to no playing time freshman year.
10/16/2017 2:51 PM
Posted by mullycj on 10/16/2017 1:18:00 PM (view original):
No. This was a change with 2.0.

Before that you could continue to try to redshirt multiple times and the player MAY change his mind and take it.
this is correct

in 2.0 they got rid of the possibility that a kid who was unhappy with RS once would later be fine with it

at least generally - I cant say always - if you put it on, take it off and put it on again the WE hit will get bigger.

A WE hit of 6 for any guy with reasonable WE isnt much of a hit - this is too late, but that would have been a fine play.

So long as you made no promise, the WE hit will be the only effect - the kid will not leave

consider trying the inform of redshirt button in future recruiiting - if used well can help
10/16/2017 3:26 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
redshirt issues..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.