redshirt issues..... Topic

1. I've sent zero tickets to correct a mistake I made. I've probably sent a hundred to have owners replaced(HBD), Dozens to point out loopholes(I figured out how to protect around 45 on the 40 man roster for one) that could be abused. A handful to ask "Is this really how the game is supposed to work?" when something "felt" wrong. And a few suggestions on what I think would improve the game(in the early days of HBD). I don't think I've sent a ticket about HD.

2. I'm 54 and I've been very opinionated since my youth. While 18 years doesn't seem like a lifetime, I play ball with guys in their 20s/30s. I don't want to say "entitlement" because that's very general and harsh but younger(and I can't place a year on it) people seem to feel like they should get a few "mulligans". It wasn't that way when I grew up. You ate your mistakes. Then again, we were told to use our heads when we tackled, only girls played flag football and we threw rocks at kids wearing helmets while bicycling. And we made fun of fat people.
10/17/2017 9:39 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 10/17/2017 9:29:00 PM (view original):
But you can withdrawal those two things. Scholarship withdrawal and inform of redshirt. If you do it at 11:15am, and the next cycle is 5pm, you can toggle back and for the entire time if you wanted to. Go into History on the recruit. So if u did it at 11:15, you'd have 5 hours and 45 minutes to toggle it back and forth all you wanted. My situation was instant.
Yeah, I wouldn't know. After getting burnt on both, I haven't touched those buttons again.
10/17/2017 9:39 PM
I got ya. I was just curious if you was an 18 year old yapping type, or a grumpy 80 year old man type. I couldn't figure it out. I say that with humor. I'm cool with this discussion. I was mainly referring to that 54,986 next to your name. Haha. And I agree about today's youth. But I don't consider myself youth anymore. Those days have passed. But like I said, if anyone can show me something in the rules or whatever, about the mistake I made, please do. I'll own up. Until then, I definitely don't feel bad about this one at all. All is good. NOW, if I'm on here next season, doing the same things, I'll move to Cheaterville.
10/17/2017 9:51 PM
There's a 1200 page thread in HBD titled "Ask the MikeT23 thread". There were 5 more before it that were deleted at 500 pages(the old limit). A lot of posts there. And I gave my password to a few people when I was away. That accounted for about 3k. And there's easily 10k in the MLB forum.

I don't think there's anything in the rules about redshirting. I think it's just a common sense thing. You apply redshirt, kid is ******. You say "OK, my bad" and he's OK. Then you come back and say "Changed my mind." Surely you know he's going to be even more ******. He was BMOC in HS and you're jerking him around.
10/17/2017 9:58 PM
I kinda get that. But we could go on forever. My argument to that is.... with the amount of time spent, it was more like a conversation I had with the recruit. Like this..... hey what do you think about redshirt this year? "I don't know coach, I guess it's kinda ok." (-6). Well hold on, I may not have to. "Cool" (+6). Wait, nah I'm sorry, I am gonna have to. "WHAT THE !=%/^££^#@@@$/_/$$" (-64)........ That's not how a one time conversation would go. But like I said, we could go on forever. Neither is wrong, and we can agree to disagree. No problem there.
10/17/2017 10:11 PM
I see it a little differently. Coach tells kid. Kid doesn't like it but understands it's gonna happen whether he likes it or not. Starts telling friends/chicks/hometown.

"Yeah, coach asked me if I'd redshirt. I was reluctant until he told me I'd probably be a 4 year starter that way, likely be All-American two years instead of one and be a beast as a 5th year senior. I think it's a great idea."

Coach calls him and says "Change my mind. Not gonna redshirt you." Kid is calling people back.

"Coach says he needs me this year. That I bring too much to the table to keep out of games!!"

Coach calls back. "Redshirt, bro!"

Kid has made up two stories to make himself look better. Both look like BS now. Of course, you're saying it's just one long conversation whereas I'm breaking it up because I don't think a coach goes "Redshirt. No, changed my mind. Redshirt. No, changed my mind again" in one conversation. Unless he's thewizard17 trying to get WE boosts by cheating.
10/18/2017 8:27 AM
Fair enough.
10/18/2017 10:35 AM
Well, really, I only posted that to take a shot at thecheater17.
10/18/2017 10:42 AM
I’m surprised at how many people don’t use inform of redshirt. most of the time the only time that I don’t do it, in case I want to redshirt them later in their career, is when I’m locked into a 50/50 battle. I don’t know anyone else that uses it at all. I love redshirting JUCOs especially
9/15/2018 11:04 PM
Posted by zemedlin on 9/15/2018 11:04:00 PM (view original):
I’m surprised at how many people don’t use inform of redshirt. most of the time the only time that I don’t do it, in case I want to redshirt them later in their career, is when I’m locked into a 50/50 battle. I don’t know anyone else that uses it at all. I love redshirting JUCOs especially
Do you recruit players that are at a higher division than your school? I'm not sure if this is a fact or not, but with me recruiting D1 players at a D2 school, I have never had any luck with the redshirt tool. And I mean never as in, not one single time have I used it, and the player didn't say screw you completely.

Every time I've offered that, i drop to 0% in every recruiting tool and I'm no longer being considered. Even if I continue trying and trying to get back on his radar.

I like to redshirt jucos if I get them as well. I like to redshirt someone every season if it's possible. Now, I will add in that I've only tried the redshirt recruiting tool maybe 10 times. Maybe more like 8. But my question to you is, how many times have you used that tool?

My 8 to 10 attempts isn't enough to clearly say it doesn't work. (But for me, I'm 0-fer. So it tells me what I need to know personally for the choices I will make going forward). But have you used the tool once or twice? More than 10 times? And have you ran into both possible outcomes multiple times? (1... Recruits accepting it. 2... recruits giving you the finger).

Edit.... I did have ONE time where i used it and i didn't drop to zero in everything. I forgot about it. Because when i did so, i didn't have a scholarship open. And i was literally just trying to tinker with the game with my $3k that i didn't need to spend on anything. So in this case, i wasnt really recruiting the player. Just toying around.
9/16/2018 12:57 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 12345
redshirt issues..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.