redshirt issues..... Topic

Posted by zagsrulez on 10/16/2017 2:51:00 PM (view original):
Well they could graduate in 4 years and opt out of using the extra FREE 5th year option. Since it is DIII, there are more educational incentive to being redshirted than reasons to refuse a RS. A 5th year would allow for student athletes to add another major, shoot for a master's degree, or take 12 credit hours each semester and earn a degree in 5 years. Its an extra free year of school, if a player refuses a redshirt, they are probably going to spend that year on the bench anyways.

I graduated from a DI school last May and the majority of freshman football players were redshirted. The football players that I knew were more excited about having a 5th year option to choose from rather than sit the bench with little to no playing time freshman year.
D1 is not D3, football is not basketball. I don't have enough interest to look it up but, IMO, a D3 basketball player is on the team to be BMOC, get noticed by chicks or just for the love of playing basketball. He knows damn good and well he'll never get paid to play and, if he's smart, he'll be taking his next career more seriously than hoops. I just don't think there are that many 5th year Senior D3 basketball players. After all, they're paying for school.
10/16/2017 3:35 PM
Did his preference say wants to play during recruiting?
10/16/2017 3:45 PM
Posted by leol22 on 10/16/2017 3:45:00 PM (view original):
That has no impact.
10/16/2017 3:53 PM
No it did not. Whether it has an effect or not, I don't know. I'll leave that to the vets here. But I am pretty upset that I can't take the 6 point hit now and go on with it. I realize that if a coach made these decisions in real life, the recruit would be upset. But the difference is, that would take time to go back and forth. This was literally 3 maybe 4 button clicks, all in a minutes time. Maybe 2 minutes. I don't wanna get into crybaby territory, but any unknowing person could make this mistake, and it's a tough one to swallow. It's not like I'm asking for anything massive. Like I said, I would've been ok with the -6. I just didn't understand all the variables completely. One goal I'm trying to accomplish early on, is balancing out my classes the way I want them. (I don't want jucos and all that). This will put a big dilemma in that process. Oh well, hopefully i can redshirt one of them sophomore year to help out. I doubt that can work out tho, seeing how things played out this time around
10/16/2017 4:24 PM
Send in a ticket and ask if they can adjust it for you. Maybe they will. Worth a shot. Plead ignorance.
10/16/2017 4:32 PM
what is supposed to be adjusted? if his WE is down more on the second try that is how the system is supposed to work and how it generally does work.
10/16/2017 4:39 PM
Yeah, you're not wrong. But it was a noob mistake and not really that big of a deal if it was adjusted to take the -6 WE hit.

or not. I don't really feel strongly one way or the other.
10/16/2017 4:43 PM
I got ya. I'll try. But I also understand, the game is how the game is.
10/16/2017 4:52 PM
I'll say the opposite of benis.

Put on your big boy pants and learn from your mistake. Take your lumps.
10/16/2017 5:05 PM
I'm ok with that too. But I did send the ticket. I'm not crying by any means. And if nothing comes of it, I'll survive. There's always a learning curve.
10/16/2017 7:32 PM
I was really just taking a shot at benis. It's a generation thing. My generation screwed up, got ******, took our lumps and learned to do better. benis' generation screws up, moves back in with mom, mopes around listening to emo music and tries again when mom forces him out again.
10/16/2017 8:59 PM
Hey, mom's basement ain't a bad place. You can have more hoops dynasty teams that way. Haha. On a side note, I've seen how you guys talk about this site from a business perspective, and how it's not a big money maker really. But for those of us that can't win national titles every other season, there is MAJOR money invested in this "game" by people like myself. I looked at my profile when I returned, and I had 59 or 60 seasons. That's $600 in a game! A PlayStation game costs roughly $60. And yes, they get old and the next hot game gets bought and replaces the old one, repeatedly. But paying thousands of dollars to play this game over the years is a LOT when you look at it and add it up that way. (And no, I do not live in my mom's basement!).
10/16/2017 9:59 PM
Free internet and unlimited meatloaf in mom's basement bro!
10/16/2017 10:37 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/16/2017 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by leol22 on 10/16/2017 3:45:00 PM (view original):
That has no impact.
?
My experience has been if his preference is "wants to play", he is not going to take redshirt either before or after you sign him.

Must have some impact.
10/17/2017 5:03 PM
I sent a ticket. They responded by setting back to what, they say, was the original WE decrease.... of -7. I saw with my own two eyes that it was -6 and this was the whole focus of my thread. I am thankful, and I'm not complaining about the 1 point difference. All I cared about was 1) being able to redshirt him 2) have him for next season. From what I've heard, a -7 will accomplish that. And I'm one happy camper. (I did tell CS that it was a -6 tho. Just to have it in writing if future complications come. Not that it resolves anything. I was just stating the truth). Shout out to CS for handling this for me.
10/17/2017 8:05 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
redshirt issues..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.