Double Season Prog.League 1992-94-filled !! Topic

We have one opening in the 12th season (1992/93 and 1993/94) of a double season progressive which started with the 1968/69 & 1969/70 seasons. We progress 2 seasons at a time. Each season owners are able to select which of the 2 seasons they will use for each of their players, if the player was WIS eligible in both seasons. There will be adequate players available.

The team available is the Buffalo Braves (name can be changed and city moves can be made to an unoccupied city which fits geographically in the Central Division). We will be ready to begin the draft in about 1 week.

The Braves finished 2nd in the Central Division with a record of 48-34 in season 11 (1990/91 and 1991/92) and will be drafting 16th in the 24 team league.

Since we progress 2 seasons at a time, player turnover in the league is rapid. Rookies for the 1992/93 and 1993/94 season include Shaquille O'Neal, Chris Webber, Latrell Sprewell, P.J.Brown, Alonzo Mourning, Clarence Weatherspoon, Sam Cassell, Allan Houston, Nick Van Exel, Christian Laettner, Doung Christie and Penny Hardaway.

I have posted a suggested keeper list for the Braves, which is posted in the immediately following post. This list is, of course, subject to change by a new owner.

This is a stable league with relatively low turnover.

The draft is just starting off the clock. We will start on the clock on Monday October 16 and the 1st round (which will be off the clock) will be slow because the one owner who has 2 teams in the league has been hospitalized. I will probably make the 1st round picks for that owner and I am hopeful he will be back by the time the 2nd round starts.

I will also make the 1st round pick for the Braves if a new owner is not found by the time pick #16 comes up.
10/16/2017 1:17 PM
Buffalo Braves (subject to change by a new owner)

Keepers (9):
B.J. Armstrong PG
Craig Ehlo SG
Lionel Simmons SF
Dennis Rodman PF
Shawn Kemp PF
Doc Rivers PG
Tony Campbell SF
Rick Mahorn PF
Kenny Williams PF

Cut (2):
Travis Mays PG
Cliff Levingston PF

Retired (1):
Larry Bird PF

Need 3 Draft Picks
10/16/2017 1:19 PM
team has been taken by site mail !!
10/16/2017 4:02 PM
Another team has become available- The Chicago Bulls. Chicago was 57-25 in the 1990-92 season, 2nd in the Midwest Division, losing to the #1 seed Los Angeles Lakers in the Conference Semi-Finals. The keeper list for the Bulls is in the immediately following post.

The draft is underway. The Bulls do not have draft picks in Round 1 or Round 2, having traded those picks for Michael Williams and Steve Kerr, so they will have 3 draft picks in Rounds 3, 4 and 5 .
10/18/2017 2:52 PM
Chicago Bulls - need 3

Keepers (9):
PG - Micheal Williams, Steve Kerr
SG - Dale Ellis, Drazen Petrovic
SF -
PF - Karl Malone, AC Green, Kurt Rambis
C - Mark West, Robert Parish
10/18/2017 2:54 PM
This is a good team which I believe will be a contender in the 1992-94 season but will probably need rebuilding thereafter.
10/18/2017 2:56 PM
I'll take it
10/18/2017 3:12 PM
Posted by 24kpyrite on 10/18/2017 3:12:00 PM (view original):
I'll take it
Ok it's yours. I'll give you immediate access to the league private forum. You don't have to make a draft pick until Round 3 which is currently scheduled for Tuesday October 24 so you will have plenty of time to review the available player list.
10/18/2017 3:19 PM
Double Season Prog.League 1992-94-filled !! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.