In Season Replacements Topic

Rumor has it that new ownership is going to stop the mid-season replacement owner practice...is this true? We've got a team in FYC that could use some help, but if no replacement is going to be allowed I'd rather not waste my time looking for one
10/16/2017 8:52 PM
Haven't heard that. Where did you?
10/16/2017 8:55 PM
When I posted in the World Chat of FYC that I was going to go looking for a replacement, one of our owners said he was told that in another one of his worlds. Wanted to verify before looking for an owner.
10/16/2017 10:00 PM
He should have a ticket response. Ask him if he'll post it.
10/17/2017 7:20 AM
Never mind....turns out this was just a rumor after all. If you've got suggestions for an owner to contact about being a replacement let me know
10/17/2017 8:24 AM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious
10/17/2017 10:32 AM
That would be stupid. Abandoned franchises need babysitting. Leaving a team unattended for any duration of time is bad for the game. There's no way admin institutes a no replacement rule, unless they've completely lost their minds.
10/17/2017 12:02 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking.
10/17/2017 12:13 PM
Timing can be important. Last time I took over a team, the previous owner had gotten sick, near as I could figure, in the few days before the Rule 5. I took over the team about 30-40 games into the season. That specific time frame, where shaping the rosters takes place, gutted the minor league teams and took about a full two seasons just to get them back to reasonably populated.

10/17/2017 12:48 PM
We had an owner replaced in Mordecai 1 week ago so the rumor was fake news.
10/26/2017 9:01 PM
Posted by bruinsfan911 on 10/17/2017 8:24:00 AM (view original):
Never mind....turns out this was just a rumor after all. If you've got suggestions for an owner to contact about being a replacement let me know
I might be interested
10/27/2017 1:48 PM
i got this response to my ticket:
10/17/2017 11:25 AM Customer Support
The only change will be to stop making late-season owner transfers. Tranfers due to abandoned teams or rules violations will still be processed as they are now. The late-season transfer was never something we wanted to do. It was done temporarily to work around budget issues for the new owner, but those issues no longer exist.

We don't like doing transfers during the season unless it's truly necessary because there are some undesirable side effects, like misrepresenting user win/loss records and credits being distributed to the wrong person.
10/27/2017 2:20 PM
In Season Replacements Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.