2k17/2k18 Tip Off Topic

Well folks, the start of the NBA season is tonight, and I'm more excited for this season than I have been since 2007 for Boston's Big 3, and before that since the drafting of the LeBron in 2003. We have a few old storylines and a few new storylines and the potential for new rivalries and ignited rivalries. This season is sure to be filled with action and drama and of course as always a little bit of fun. This year is going to be entertaining on and off the court.

Celtics at Cleveland
A rematch of last year's Conference Finals with most players on each squad denying any rivalry(except of course JR Smith). When I.T. returns he will authenticate the rivalry more with his public display of hate toward Danny Ainge. After what Isaiah feels was disloyalty from Ange this offseason you can be sure that Isaiah will be playing with a chip on his shoulder to refute Danny's business decision. This game should be a good gauge of where these teams are going to be this season or where they need to get to. The real headline is the third overall draft pick Jayson Tatum getting his first career NBA start. This kid has all the tools to be something special. He is a good rebounder, plays hard defense, sees the floor well, and has superb footwork. He should get a chance to earn some minutes over the next month while Morris heals.

Rockets at Golden State
This should be an exciting game between two offensively vlhigh-powered teams, as we watch the NBA champions of last year start their run for a back-to-back title against the duo of Harden and Paul in Mike D'antoni's system. I'm not sure how Paul and Harden are going to mesh but it should at least be fun to watch Paul run the D'antoni offense. Paul will be by far the most talented point guard Mike D'Antoni has had to date. We know exactly
what to expect of the Warriors but can Steve Kerr make it the full season on the sidelines and if not how much of an effect will that have on this team?

Things on my mind.
Who is going to have a breakout season for the new era New York Knicks? The self-proclaimed 'Walking Bucket' Michael Beasley or Dougie 'Buckets' McDermott?

Will Trey Burke get an opportunity to sign somewhere at some point this season or is he destined for overseas ball?
Will the undrafted G League shooting Phenom Brandon Paul shoot 50% from 3 range?
Will Kelly Olynyk turn
into Dirk Nowitzki in Miami?

My predictions.
There are endless choices for Rookie of the Year with the
smart choice being Ben Simmons, I'd like to pick Jayson Tatum, but I'm stuck between De'aaron Fox and Dennis Smith Jr. and can't decide.
OKC is gonna have a great
year with a great performance from a stress free less heavily guarded Carmelo Anthony.
I'm taking Boston
or Washington out of the East and Golden State or OKC out of the West at the completion of the regular season.
I'm predicting D'Angelo
Russell, Myles Turner, and Rodney Hood will have breakout years.
The first firing of the year will be Alvin Gentry.
And I'm taking Kawai Leonard
for MVP.

10/17/2017 6:13 PM
+Chicago fails miserably at tanking and competes for the 8th seed in a horrid East
10/17/2017 6:45 PM
No one will have a breakout season for the Knicks.
10/17/2017 6:45 PM
Given the Odds, I'll take the Heat to win the East.
Can't go against GS in the West, no matter what the Odds.

Greek Freak for MVP.
10/18/2017 8:56 AM
Posted by all3 on 10/18/2017 8:56:00 AM (view original):
Given the Odds, I'll take the Heat to win the East.
Can't go against GS in the West, no matter what the Odds.

Greek Freak for MVP.
If the bucks make the playoffs that could be a good choice. Also if the Jazz make the playoffs Rudy Gobert could have a shot. Unfortunately most years MVP goes to the guy who scores the most points or has the best stats when it should go to the player who is most valued to his team more than anyone else. I think the Spurs are set to have a great year and with so much competition in the west it's gotta go to someone in the west and Kawhi Leonard is the best two-way player in the West for sure.

After the Gordon Hayward injury I am changing my breakout player to Jaylen Brown and I am going to take D.C. to win the east. Tatum will also probably now get the minutes needed to be able to win ROTY award but after watching him last night I'm not sure. A lot of hesitating and passing up shots, he rebounded well and played within the system, but he didn't get after it on D like I wanted to see. His game did smooth out a bit in the 2nd half but it seems like he isn't as confident as I was expecting him to be.
10/18/2017 6:29 PM (edited)
Posted by 24kpyrite on 10/17/2017 6:45:00 PM (view original):
+Chicago fails miserably at tanking and competes for the 8th seed in a horrid East
It's the east so that is possible
My picks
dc, cle, bos, mia, tor, mil, det, and cha out of the east in that order
gs, okc, hou, sa, min, lac, uta, and por from the west in that order
10/18/2017 6:27 PM
D'Angelo Russell drops an easy 30...Gianis and Smith Jr started out there campaigns nice too...Dame just being Dame with 19 5 and 4 at the half
10/18/2017 11:52 PM
normally, I like walls of text & read them.

Seeing who posted it, well, I didn't want to take that big a hit on my intelligence.
10/25/2017 8:35 PM
It's okay the prophecies are all there in writing
10/26/2017 1:57 AM
Zo to average a Darrell Walker 'triple double'?
10/26/2017 11:04 AM
So all this tanking has Phila at a 1-4 start. They just need to revoke ownership rights for the Knicks and Sixers and have the league take over the teams. Ditto for the Browns. There really needs to be some sort of standard to live up to instead of guys lining their pockets while putting out a terrible product. It's understandable that small market teams can't always compete, but not places like Philadelphia and NY.
10/26/2017 1:43 PM
Posted by pointfwd on 10/26/2017 1:44:00 PM (view original):
So all this tanking has Phila at a 1-4 start. They just need to revoke ownership rights for the Knicks and Sixers and have the league take over the teams. Ditto for the Browns. There really needs to be some sort of standard to live up to instead of guys lining their pockets while putting out a terrible product. It's understandable that small market teams can't always compete, but not places like Philadelphia and NY.
you have no clue what youre talking about if you think philly is in the same boat as the knicks and browns
10/26/2017 5:17 PM
that's right, the 76ers did it on purpose
10/26/2017 8:48 PM
can Giannis keep this up all year????? This would be one heck of a SIM season.
10/27/2017 12:40 AM
Posted by bds9992 on 10/27/2017 12:40:00 AM (view original):
can Giannis keep this up all year????? This would be one heck of a SIM season.
Amazing season and talent. Loved seeing that old Mecca court last night.
10/27/2017 10:12 AM
123 Next ▸
2k17/2k18 Tip Off Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.