This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
75 million other dudes didn't.

Your point?
10/17/2017 9:21 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/17/2017 9:07:00 PM (view original):
This dude decides to WALK ON to the Cuse bball team despite having offers from D2 schools.

I'm sure this horse has been beat dead a thousand times. But let's say, as an adjustment to the game, you make only D2 projected recruits and the bottom of the barrel of D1s within reach for D3 coaches... and adjust the difficulty to be harder for D2 coaches to get top caliber D1 talent.

How then do you level the playing field for the previous 4 recruiting seasons in which D2 and D3 could snag those recruits?
10/17/2017 9:53 PM
Posted by craigaltonw on 10/17/2017 9:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/17/2017 9:07:00 PM (view original):
This dude decides to WALK ON to the Cuse bball team despite having offers from D2 schools.

I'm sure this horse has been beat dead a thousand times. But let's say, as an adjustment to the game, you make only D2 projected recruits and the bottom of the barrel of D1s within reach for D3 coaches... and adjust the difficulty to be harder for D2 coaches to get top caliber D1 talent.

How then do you level the playing field for the previous 4 recruiting seasons in which D2 and D3 could snag those recruits?
You don't do anything -- that's how every change in the game has been handled. Time levels the playing field on its own.

It's the exact same thing that happened when 3.0 started and teams with lots of openings that season were able to quickly stock up on the "new talent" that they could access while teams with no/minimal openings were stuck with rosters recruited with limits. Hardly a derailing issue.
10/17/2017 10:45 PM
Okay rednu, I'm sold. Solid argument, I'm into it. Someone give me seble's phone number so we can make the change go for launch.
10/18/2017 12:02 AM
Hope that was sarcasm. We already talk about the lost 1st season. No one likes that whether it's new owner or job change. Under that scenario, any team with multiple openings the final season of "open" recruiting will have a huge advantage over those who start filling their rosters with "level appropriate" recruits. 3-5 "lost" seasons for them while "time levels the playing field on it's on." Yeah, sign me up for that crap.
10/18/2017 6:52 AM
All realism goes out the door when it takes a intelligent player 4 years to completely learn an offense and defense. People need to get over the irl crap. This is a game.
10/18/2017 7:48 AM
I’d be into creating a risk of going juco instead of dropping down divisions - especially 2 divisions. But it should be a scoutable preference, I think it would work well attached to an academic vs pro ball preference. A kid harboring dreams of playing professionally should be less willing to drop, and more likely to go juco.
10/18/2017 10:53 AM
Posted by texrangers19 on 10/18/2017 7:48:00 AM (view original):
All realism goes out the door when it takes a intelligent player 4 years to completely learn an offense and defense. People need to get over the irl crap. This is a game.
If you think of IQ as C being proficient and A being excellent is makes more sense. Kids understand the offense by December of the their FR year but don't know the real ins ands outs to their JR. year.
10/18/2017 10:59 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 10/18/2017 10:59:00 AM (view original):
If you think of IQ as C being proficient and A being excellent is makes more sense. Kids understand the offense by December of the their FR year but don't know the real ins ands outs to their JR. year.
I've always thought of B as average. With 25 minutes, almost everyone is B by the end of the first season.

It's more football-related but you always hear "Now that he's got a full year in this system under his belt, the game will slow down for him."
10/18/2017 11:18 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 10/18/2017 10:59:00 AM (view original):
I get that with offensive systems, but defensively I think it’s a little suspect. IRL teams frequently switch back and forth between man and zone with greater degrees of effectiveness depending on how the opponent adjusts their offensive game plan.

But it doesn’t take three years for guys to “understand” how to play zone defense. Good defense typically comes down to a player’s athleticism, speed, fatigue and desire to play it.
10/18/2017 12:30 PM
One other point, is that IRL the FCP is a situational defense usually employed to disrupt tempo and momentum, in HD it’s a set defense that is more effective than any other if the team is structured well. That’s just silly IMO and nowhere near realistic. C’est la vie.
10/18/2017 12:35 PM
I've given this example before, in Michigan when I was in High school as a sophomore we had a Senior Point guard that took calls from Tom Izzo at Michigan State. Was a 5 Star recruit, a backup to the Mcdonalds all American team and was 2nd in the race for Mr. Basketball. This player decided to commit to Grand valley State a D2 school because "He didn't like the comparison he was getting to Drew Neitzel." He also had a personal relationship with the coach at Grand Valley State and decided that was the best school for him. He could of gone to elite Michigan State and I can guarantee he had other elite schools calling. This is an actual scenario I witnessed happen first hand.
10/18/2017 1:20 PM
Who was it?
10/18/2017 1:33 PM
HD has relied on time to "fix" transition issues and the aftereffects of cheating.
10/18/2017 1:45 PM
1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.