Nah, we just need to pick.
12/1/2017 12:02 PM
Posted by pointfwd on 12/1/2017 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Nah, we just need to pick.
Live look at bandit:
12/1/2017 12:04 PM
Posted by robusk on 12/1/2017 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gerryred on 12/1/2017 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Ben says he will agree to void the trade if we ban ALL trades involving first round picks in the future, and I recommend we do that. I belong to several long-term fantasy football leagues, and we have ended up banning trades in all of them over the years. They invariably cause controversy and hard feelings.
I'd be fine with that but I don't know enough about the history of the ODL. Is there a history of teams that traded out of the first being successful? It is hard to judge the quality of a rule change without some data to back it up.

Do we have a trade thread to prevent this draft thread from getting too polluted?
Since I have joined (15+ seasons), teams with two 1st round picks have won 0 championships, made the finals 1 time, and won 50 games 1 time. Teams without a 1st round pick have won 1 championship (a sixth seed somehow winning 3 game 7’s on the road), made 1 finals, and won 50 games 1 time.

Teams who have had 1 first round pick have done overwhelmingly better than teams with 2 or 0 first round picks.
12/1/2017 12:15 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 12/1/2017 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 12/1/2017 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gerryred on 12/1/2017 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Ben says he will agree to void the trade if we ban ALL trades involving first round picks in the future, and I recommend we do that. I belong to several long-term fantasy football leagues, and we have ended up banning trades in all of them over the years. They invariably cause controversy and hard feelings.
I'd be fine with that but I don't know enough about the history of the ODL. Is there a history of teams that traded out of the first being successful? It is hard to judge the quality of a rule change without some data to back it up.

Do we have a trade thread to prevent this draft thread from getting too polluted?
Since I have joined (15+ seasons), teams with two 1st round picks have won 0 championships, made the finals 1 time, and won 50 games 1 time. Teams without a 1st round pick have won 1 championship (a sixth seed somehow winning 3 game 7’s on the road), made 1 finals, and won 50 games 1 time.

Teams who have had 1 first round pick have done overwhelmingly better than teams with 2 or 0 first round picks.
That's good data.
12/1/2017 12:42 PM
I wonder who it was that had the team without a 1st round pick that won it all? Must have been decent/lucky coaching in the playoffs...
12/1/2017 1:01 PM
Then again look at the last two 52 mil leagues. 2 teams without a first got to the finals. Also ben had 2 first rounders and traded one and won it all in the ODL.
12/1/2017 1:23 PM
Aren't we supposed to be drafting? We've had one pick for days.
12/1/2017 4:13 PM
Who wants my proxy for when we locate bandit?
12/1/2017 4:33 PM
I'm not banning all first round trades. That seems extreme. There have been some balanced trades involving first round picks in the past.

ben and CJ seem to be talking. If they come to me with a revised proposal, I'll take a look at it.
12/1/2017 4:35 PM
I think it needs to be something like a 1 and 4 for a 2 and 3 to at all have a chance of being balanced
12/1/2017 6:12 PM
Posted by copernicus on 12/1/2017 6:12:00 PM (view original):
I think it needs to be something like a 1 and 4 for a 2 and 3 to at all have a chance of being balanced
I mean, I don't want to keep hashing this out, I'd rather be busy drafting...

But isn't your proposed a worse deal than the first trade which was essentially a 1 and 5 for a 2 and 3.

In ODL, bkbillips traded 2 (pick 31) and 3 for 1 (pick 10) and 6. ben traded 2 (pick 36), 4, 5 for 1 (pick 3) and 6. The first didn't seem to generate much noise and the second one did. If people are looking for some sort of baseline.
12/1/2017 7:17 PM (edited)
when was the trade made? during the season? judging by cjoks reaction im thinking it was... i didnt think that was allowed...that would be the reason to veto it...but if i somehow missed the memo that you can now trade misdeason, then i dont think its a bad enough trade to veto...pretty sure the bandit/ben trade that gave him curry was worse...draft pool keeps getting deeper...that 2/3 turn is gonna get cjok a fun foursome to build with
12/1/2017 10:41 PM
not sure if the trade was made during the season or not, but that was never banned, as far as I know.
12/1/2017 10:48 PM
Posted by dh555 on 12/1/2017 10:42:00 PM (view original):
when was the trade made? during the season? judging by cjoks reaction im thinking it was... i didnt think that was allowed...that would be the reason to veto it...but if i somehow missed the memo that you can now trade misdeason, then i dont think its a bad enough trade to veto...pretty sure the bandit/ben trade that gave him curry was worse...draft pool keeps getting deeper...that 2/3 turn is gonna get cjok a fun foursome to build with
It’s on the second page of the draft thread. The season had been over for a while. We still needed some owners to fill up but trades have been done during that time plenty of times before.
12/1/2017 10:55 PM
My unsolicited vote is that the trade stands.. I'm also open to a number of trade scenarios. I'm interested in trading entire drafts with someone closer to 24.. I guess I should have chosen closer to 24 myself, but I didn't realize that I'd be 6th considering I think I made playoffs. Also open to other trade offers.
12/1/2017 11:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...28 Next ▸
ODL 66 (full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.