Get an unfair treatment? I think he did.
10/19/2017 8:38 AM
There were many coaches who did the exact same thing. So in that respect I'd say you're right.
But he specifically got caught.
...after another black eye regarding recruiting.
He should have taken a major hit with the hookers and other recruiting benefits scandal, but this was the last strike. So I'd argue he is getting what he deserves. (I'd add many others deserve as bad or worse and the academic scam at UNC earned Roy a similar fate, but many have gotten much less than they deserve and will continue to in the corrupt sport that currently is amateur basketball).
10/19/2017 9:11 AM
We need a true NBA Minor League system, so top guys can just play for pay, and not pretend to be College Basketball Players.
10/19/2017 9:38 AM
do you mean was he treated unfairly when allegedly...... his subordinates got hookers for recruits or when his subordinates took money and then directed money to players......

And when he was unaware of all of this?

making the captain of the Titanic look careful
10/19/2017 9:40 AM
I'd agree, but the truth is the NBA has multiple minor leagues...
Overseas
College
Developmental League

No Americans will make money off of the overseas aspect, so no one cares except a few courageous young guys who will try to play.
Most American sports fans have huge attachments to colleges & could care less about D-league, so that won't ever supplant the current system. Hmmm... will more fans watch and actually care about UNC-KY games or the Las Vegas Thundercats vs.the Mini-Lakers that aren't good enough to be Lakers?
College is the best minor leagues. They can make cash, provide a backup plan (education), and bring fan support from multiple areas and parts of the country. Its too fun to follow specific teams you have cared about for a long time than watch individual players try to develop.

10/19/2017 9:46 AM
Pitino unfair? You sound like that parent that has there kid rob a convenience store to supplement there meth habit, and try’s to tell everyone “my kid wouldn’t do that he’s a good boy, he just got mixed up with the wrong crowd.” Sorry your kid/coach IS the wrong crowd. You cheat and pay your players you deserve to be done. And should be forced to pay back your salary.

If my team iowa and McCaffery gets/got busted then burn him down, if he’s clean then he’s doing his job. Boeheim, Ole Roy, Pitino, Calapari, art briles, Pete Carr, Hugh Freeze, Jerry tarkanian, etc.... the list way on and on. F’em if they can’t follow the rules. It traitorish and treasonous to our favorite sports, and I hate traitors and treason.
10/19/2017 11:09 AM (edited)
Pitino deserves jail time. Louisville deserves the death penalty. Maybe it should be the other way around...
10/19/2017 11:02 AM
Pitino has left a skid mark everywhere he's been. Unfair? Dude is a serial cheat.

However, when compared to years of UNC's escapades and light penalty, something ain't right.
10/19/2017 11:53 AM
the only scale on which Pitino could have been treated too harshly is the UNC scale - where they run roughshod over every aspect of their job as an alleged educational institution and an athletic department - but get off because it was possible for non athletes to take phoney classes too.....even though the Wainstein report makes clear the central role of Athletics in the scheme

would it be okay if Louisville got hookers for hooops recruits and also invited some regular students to join in?

10/19/2017 12:09 PM
It's not unfair in the sense that Louisville was caught breaking NCAA rules.

But also **** the NCAA, pay the ******* players.
10/19/2017 12:16 PM
Posted by stewdog on 10/19/2017 9:46:00 AM (view original):
I'd agree, but the truth is the NBA has multiple minor leagues...
Overseas
College
Developmental League

No Americans will make money off of the overseas aspect, so no one cares except a few courageous young guys who will try to play.
Most American sports fans have huge attachments to colleges & could care less about D-league, so that won't ever supplant the current system. Hmmm... will more fans watch and actually care about UNC-KY games or the Las Vegas Thundercats vs.the Mini-Lakers that aren't good enough to be Lakers?
College is the best minor leagues. They can make cash, provide a backup plan (education), and bring fan support from multiple areas and parts of the country. Its too fun to follow specific teams you have cared about for a long time than watch individual players try to develop.

Yep, but the NBA and the NCAA have a joke of an agreement that ALL high school guys mustr now have one year college. Get rid of that, have a rookie draft just like the MLB and do away with one and done!
10/19/2017 12:41 PM
Or the kids could play in the Developmental League or overseas. Or hone their skills with a personal trainer. No one FORCES them to attend college for a year.

I agree it's a joke but let's not ignore that there are options.
10/19/2017 1:52 PM
Yeah, declare out of high school or play two seasons of NCAA. The hooker thing : he got lucky... But I am not sure he is involved in this adidas scandal. If he is : he is plain dumb, which I doubt he is.
10/19/2017 2:01 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 10/19/2017 11:03:00 AM (view original):
Pitino deserves jail time. Louisville deserves the death penalty. Maybe it should be the other way around...
Pitino is a joke. But the death penalty from a Miami fan. Miami in the 80s probably makes 2017 Louisville look like the Disney channel.
10/19/2017 2:50 PM
Posted by zorzii on 10/19/2017 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, declare out of high school or play two seasons of NCAA. The hooker thing : he got lucky... But I am not sure he is involved in this adidas scandal. If he is : he is plain dumb, which I doubt he is.
I'm dumb enough to believe he didn't know but after sypher and the hookers it didn't matter, he failed to monitor.
10/19/2017 2:52 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.