Cant access my naismith team Topic

Posted by next_man_up on 10/20/2017 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Here's the rest of the ticket history, might be some useful stuff in here too:
1/11/2016 2:19 PM next_man_up
I've been in the NT for the past 10 seasons, and my prestige just went up to an A , not really understanding why I'm all of a sudden not eligible for any D2 schools now, but last yr was eligible for some d1 schools with a C/C- prestige.
1/11/2016 2:20 PM next_man_up
Forgot to mention that I already applied and it denied me , and the job is still available at the moment
1/11/2016 2:27 PM next_man_up
Honestly, there is no reason why I will lose my team, and frankly, I would be pretty discouraged to even play any of the games after this incident after being a happy customer on this account for 4 years
1/12/2016 11:35 AM Customer Support

Did you ever click the button at the top of the jobs page to immediately return you as coach? That is only available if no one else has applied for the job. That would have restored you as coach.

You would have been denied the job through the normal job application process because of your low reputation.

At this point another coach has taken the job. We would be open to a job swap if you contact the new coach and he agrees to give up the job.
1/15/2016 3:00 PM next_man_up
Can I get the money I spent for a season refunded? I probably won't be playing anymore.
1/15/2016 10:02 PM Customer Support
Did you attempt to contact the new coach? As I mentioned, we can facilitate a swap of teams if he's agreeable, although now it might be too late.

You can do refunds through your account info page (https://www.whatifsports.com/account/) by clicking the "Request a Refund" link on the right.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.
Whoa whoa whoa

Didn't this just happen a couple months ago where the other person who took over the team said they would swap with the user who forgot to renew and then CS said they couldn't do it?

Am I misremembering?
10/20/2017 12:16 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/20/2017 12:16:00 PM (view original):
I've been in the NT for the past 10 seasons, and my prestige just went up to an A , not really understanding why I'm all of a sudden not eligible for any D2 schools now, but last yr was eligible for some d1 schools with a C/C- prestige.
Forgot to mention that I already applied and it denied me , and the job is still available at the moment
Honestly, there is no reason why I will lose my team, and frankly, I would be pretty discouraged to even play any of the games after this incident after being a happy customer on this account for 4 years

Did you ever click the button at the top of the jobs page to immediately return you as coach? That is only available if no one else has applied for the job. That would have restored you as coach.

You would have been denied the job through the normal job application process because of your low reputation.

At this point another coach has taken the job. We would be open to a job swap if you contact the new coach and he agrees to give up the job.
Can I get the money I spent for a season refunded? I probably won't be playing anymore.
Did you attempt to contact the new coach? As I mentioned, we can facilitate a swap of teams if he's agreeable, although now it might be too late.

You can do refunds through your account info page (https://www.whatifsports.com/account/) by clicking the "Request a Refund" link on the right.

Whoa whoa whoa

Didn't this just happen a couple months ago where the other person who took over the team said they would swap with the user who forgot to renew and then CS said they couldn't do it?

Am I misremembering?
That was old management. For whatever his strengths and weaknesses, Seble tends to use common sense here. That wasn't true of post-Seble folks in Fox world.
10/20/2017 12:21 PM
Posted by bbunch on 10/20/2017 12:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mamxet on 10/20/2017 8:51:00 AM (view original):
submit a ticket and pester - although alas I bet all they will do at this point is give you a credit. Are you sure the payment processed through?
I'm very confused by the whole thing. Wish there was a response at least. If the mistake was on my end, I don't see how, but would like at least an explanation.

It seems like the payment processed.
was your activity right at the time of a jobs cycle - like is it possible that within a few seconds of when you looked, entered credit card, etc that the status of the job changed? not saying that happened, but looking for anything that could fit the facts
10/20/2017 2:21 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 10/20/2017 12:09:00 PM (view original):
reputation is not about success - its about rescinding schollies and breaking promises
I know that, but that shouldn't block a coach from returning to their school just because they forgot to renew. If I was able move to a different DII school, I would have been fine with that, but I wasn't even eligible for any DII schools after spending 10+ seasons there.

The ****** thing that bothered me is, that they said I could re-apply for the job and made me pay for another season for a job I wasn't even eligible for.
10/20/2017 3:03 PM (edited)
Posted by mamxet on 10/20/2017 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bbunch on 10/20/2017 12:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mamxet on 10/20/2017 8:51:00 AM (view original):
submit a ticket and pester - although alas I bet all they will do at this point is give you a credit. Are you sure the payment processed through?
I'm very confused by the whole thing. Wish there was a response at least. If the mistake was on my end, I don't see how, but would like at least an explanation.

It seems like the payment processed.
was your activity right at the time of a jobs cycle - like is it possible that within a few seconds of when you looked, entered credit card, etc that the status of the job changed? not saying that happened, but looking for anything that could fit the facts
Whenever I went through a similar situation, it said something similar to "Oops, you forgot to renew, thankfully the coaching job is still vacant, you have to re-apply for this job" then it had a link that directed me to the payment screen to add another season. I was still able to access my team up until that point (pre-payment). After I paid for another season and re-applied for the job (which was rejected shortly after due to rep), I did not have access to the team.
10/20/2017 3:00 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/20/2017 12:16:00 PM (view original):

Whoa whoa whoa

Am I misremembering?
That was me, I got the “we won’t do any thing” response
10/20/2017 3:36 PM
Still no response after 4 days.
10/20/2017 6:25 PM
Posted by bbunch on 10/20/2017 6:25:00 PM (view original):
Still no response after 4 days.
This is inexcusable.
10/20/2017 7:40 PM
OK, they did actually respond right away (just didn't see it, or any response notification)

The problem is that the response doesn't make sense. It says "Looks like you reserved the team after the renewal deadline".

Of course, that's not true because
1. I clicked the box "Return to New Orleans Now" after being given the message that I had access to my team, that nobody else had applied
2. It wasn't after the renewal deadline at all
3. I now paid for a season that doesn't exist, and obviously I don't have the team reserved being that someone else is coaching them.

I responded, so I'll see before I completely blast them for this, but it looks like a pretty big mistake on their end, and they didn't investigate it very much on the first response.
10/21/2017 8:53 AM
We're having a conversation on this one, so I'm wondering what WIS can do to fix the issue. CS has been pretty prompt in the last day or so on this issue, so that's pretty cool.
10/21/2017 11:53 AM
That's good to hear, if it is their mistake, they should give the coaching job back to you, and credit both teams for a season.
10/21/2017 1:22 PM
Posted by bbunch on 10/21/2017 11:53:00 AM (view original):
We're having a conversation on this one, so I'm wondering what WIS can do to fix the issue. CS has been pretty prompt in the last day or so on this issue, so that's pretty cool.
Sounds like CS has been pretty prompt throughout and the initial delay was caused entirely by you. And based on the facts you've presented it's pretty clear you renewed after deadline. Maybe you should take a break from taking shots at WIS.
10/21/2017 1:47 PM
Posted by bbunch on 10/21/2017 8:53:00 AM (view original):
OK, they did actually respond right away (just didn't see it, or any response notification)

The problem is that the response doesn't make sense. It says "Looks like you reserved the team after the renewal deadline".

Of course, that's not true because
1. I clicked the box "Return to New Orleans Now" after being given the message that I had access to my team, that nobody else had applied
2. It wasn't after the renewal deadline at all
3. I now paid for a season that doesn't exist, and obviously I don't have the team reserved being that someone else is coaching them.

I responded, so I'll see before I completely blast them for this, but it looks like a pretty big mistake on their end, and they didn't investigate it very much on the first response.
are you confident that you renewed in time? before you didnt notice their reply?
10/21/2017 2:03 PM
From CS -

"It's hard to tell exactly what happened now, but maybe the timing of you trying to return and an application being submitted coincided.

We're open to returning you to the team if the current coach will agree to move to another team. Current coach is lsutiger1972. Alternatively, we can put you on another team."

Yeah, it was very strange. fd, I'm confident, unless I'm having strange lucid dreams about HD renewals, which in that case is a larger problem
10/21/2017 3:52 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/21/2017 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bbunch on 10/21/2017 11:53:00 AM (view original):
Sounds like CS has been pretty prompt throughout and the initial delay was caused entirely by you. And based on the facts you've presented it's pretty clear you renewed after deadline. Maybe you should take a break from taking shots at WIS.
My issue was not that I had renewed post-deadline. .

My issue was that I paid for a season (post deadline), was allowed to return to my team (as it said nobody had applied), and then lost access to that team the next day

Most likely it was probably crap luck that in the exact moment I returned to the team, somebody else applied for the team. Cant think of any other explanations.

"Maybe you should take a break from taking shots at WIS" - I don't even know how to respond to that nonsense. I have pretty much no history of or intention of taking shots at WIS, and was pretty transparent throughout the thread.

10/21/2017 4:27 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Cant access my naismith team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.