Slumping players... Topic

Is there anything that can or should be tried when a player is slumping? I know that anything is possible and players can have terrible years or career years or even Brett Saberhagen years where they are good every other almost routinely. I am trying to figure out if there is anything that can be done to improve overly terrible performance over 1/4+ season.

10/20/2017 7:29 AM
Pitchers, lower the pitch count and raise the pull rating.

Batters i have them only play their best side (whichever they have best in terms of VsL, VsR) and then usually put them in an easier hitting spot (my lineups this spot is usually 6 or 7 in the lineup)

biggest thing. Don't panic and trade them.
10/20/2017 9:13 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by pjfoster13 on 10/20/2017 11:11:00 AM (view original):
it's a computer program, everything is independent trials. It's not like real life where players are susceptible to the pitfalls of human psychology. HBD "Slumps" (and streaks) are just basic variance. 40 games is small sample size
So you do what I said to maximize potential while minimizing bad matchups.

Mother onwers get ****** at me because they trade me a guy that has underperformed for them and I have them putting up unreal numbers.

But thats only because I give them favourable matchups. Have a guy who has a 70 vsL and a 40 VsR hitting? Platoon him to only start in the lineup against lefties and come off the bench.

Have a pitcher with terrible GB/FB? Only have him start in favourable parks.

Have a pitcher with 90 vsL but only 50 VsR? Have him tandem with a rightie. Put the rightie pitch count 40 with a 5 pull setting. That way your opponent puts out their best VsR lineup and you switch to a leftie. They won' pull their guys from the bench until deep into the game.

Its all about favourable matchups.
10/20/2017 2:36 PM
Slumping players... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.