Does anyone in high-end DI use assistant scouting? Topic

It seems like a total waste to me at DI. If it works for you, would love to know how it does.
10/20/2017 12:09 PM
Yeah I do. Hosted camp and then you can do asst coach search for less than xxx miles. I did that with NMSU and got every guy within 750 miles to level 4. Then you can go out farther and do individual if you want or look at internationals.
10/20/2017 2:05 PM
I first do a private camp.
Then i use Scouting Service to unlock my state and neighboring states.
Then i use Assistant Searches, going out in 100 mile increments with the $1500 for 25 players.

I basically use a trawler to find recruits... I'm grabbing the giant cod, the haddock, the halibut, the sea robins, the stone crabs, the beer cans, the old tires, freakin grabbing Luca Brazzi, you know? Probably get around 250+ guys, and figure i should be able to find and sign 3 or 4 of them within this group.
10/20/2017 2:26 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 10/20/2017 2:26:00 PM (view original):
I first do a private camp.
Then i use Scouting Service to unlock my state and neighboring states.
Then i use Assistant Searches, going out in 100 mile increments with the $1500 for 25 players.

I basically use a trawler to find recruits... I'm grabbing the giant cod, the haddock, the halibut, the sea robins, the stone crabs, the beer cans, the old tires, freakin grabbing Luca Brazzi, you know? Probably get around 250+ guys, and figure i should be able to find and sign 3 or 4 of them within this group.
This is what I do as well. But I stop short of spending the total amount of my recruiting budget, in case there are some top 100 guys that are a little outside the range in mileage that I have gotten to level 4, and I can scout them individually.
10/21/2017 12:18 PM
With this method, you can usually have level 4 info about every player within 300-400 miles or more if you are in a non recruit rich area of the country. At New Mexico, I think I get everything within 750 miles. It also depends on how many recruits you have / $$$ for scouting.
10/21/2017 12:20 PM
At Hawaii, I FSS Internationals, then do an assistant search with unlimited miles only on players I have already discovered. Then I have Level 4 info on every international and the top 100. I can then FSS Hawaii and do a local camp, which just attracts Hawaii players. It helps me with internationals.
10/21/2017 12:21 PM
Does anyone in high-end DI use assistant scouting? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.