Defensive holding penalty Topic

Isn't a defensive holding penalty an automatic first down?
10/20/2017 2:55 PM
In real life, yes I think that it is the case in pro and college.
I also noticed that dropped passes behind the line are called incomplete in this game, where everywhere else that would a lateral and hence a fumble.
10/20/2017 3:14 PM
A backward pass would be a fumble. I believe in this game a pass is always going forward.
10/20/2017 3:37 PM
It caught my eye that in my game this morning there was a defensive holding penalty that did not result in a first down. All the others that I have seen were automatic first downs. Maybe this is a bug that WIS should look at. It could have been important since it happened at the one yard line.

I guess a QB drops back far enough that even a pass behind the line is going forward.
10/21/2017 12:51 AM
When a QB throws a pass he is at least 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage most of the time. He throws the ball 1 yard forward out in the flat, but it is still behind the line of scrimmage. Maybe watch a few real football games and learn this stuff.
10/21/2017 11:09 PM
Gentleman, Def. Holding is NOT a 1st down if it occurs in the neutral zone. It IS if it occurs on a pass play beyond the line of scrimmage.
10/22/2017 10:00 AM
The above reference rule applies in NCAA only.
10/22/2017 10:10 AM
order me some strips and tots, will you? i love to hear the echo
10/22/2017 2:06 PM
Posted by NW_OHIO on 10/22/2017 10:00:00 AM (view original):
Gentleman, Def. Holding is NOT a 1st down if it occurs in the neutral zone. It IS if it occurs on a pass play beyond the line of scrimmage.
But if the Romulans are in the Neutral Zone - then we need to get the Enterprise out there immediately...Warp 9...Engage/
10/23/2017 11:40 AM
In my game this morning there was a defensive holding penalty on 1st and 15 that did NOT result in a first down. Now I am wondering whether defensive holding EVER results in an automatic first down in GD. I don't really care about RL in this regard.
10/25/2017 12:54 PM
Defensive holding penalty Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.