Purposely not improving ratings, EE Topic

has anyone else tried to purposely kept a players rating lower to keep them off the “big board”? If it works that would be a killer strategy to building a good team with great IQs and not get killled with EEs. I would figure once your guy hits the big board in that 70-100 range you can kill his practice plan and maybe keep him. 50-70 might be a toss up, but 50-0 he be gone
10/20/2017 3:59 PM (edited)
Hell yeah. Especially Durability and bigs Perimeter
10/20/2017 3:55 PM
I have seen other teams sign a #1 player out of high school and have him come off the bench I believe for that reason. Even if he is a clear starter the less stats and minutes I believe keeps him around for another year. Not very confident on the direct impacts to the big board but I have seen coaches keep players off the bench instead of starting.
10/20/2017 9:28 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 10/20/2017 9:28:00 PM (view original):
I have seen other teams sign a #1 player out of high school and have him come off the bench I believe for that reason. Even if he is a clear starter the less stats and minutes I believe keeps him around for another year. Not very confident on the direct impacts to the big board but I have seen coaches keep players off the bench instead of starting.
Maybe they promise them starts then just give them less than the minimum number of starts. Then hope the player stays around another season?
10/20/2017 11:26 PM
Purposely not improving ratings, EE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.