Tempo versus FB/Press Topic

Maybe Hardin's speed is shredding guys at the 4? He's a stud Pallas. I can see why you were excited when you got him. Complete mismatch.
10/22/2017 8:13 PM
I would expect Rambo's LP to help him score and he is doing just fine. It's a bummer both are shooting garbage from the line. Although Rambo does have a B+ FT so that should hopefully turn around.
10/22/2017 8:18 PM
I'm notorious for not practicing free throws as much as I should.I always think the minutes can be better spent elsewhere. I'm trying to change, I swear. Yeah, Hardin was a 2-star who pretty much fell in my lap then immediately starting changing colors.
10/22/2017 8:21 PM
Peiffer is insane at the 2 with his LP. I would try to get him as many minutes there are possible. He needs to play the 3 some because the best players on your team are guards.
10/22/2017 9:08 PM
With that team you have, I think I would go normal or fast paced and +1 against that sim team. And I'd give your two best 3 point shooters more shots outside the arc. But, that's just me.
10/22/2017 9:26 PM
Posted by pallas on 10/22/2017 8:21:00 PM (view original):
I'm notorious for not practicing free throws as much as I should.I always think the minutes can be better spent elsewhere. I'm trying to change, I swear. Yeah, Hardin was a 2-star who pretty much fell in my lap then immediately starting changing colors.
Speaking of, what sort of practice minutes do y'all recommend for FT? When yellow, black, blue, green?
10/22/2017 11:19 PM
As we expected, bad free throw shooting doomed me. I shot 13/22. I also didn't play as high as I should have.

Not that I'm qualified to answer, craig, but I'd say nothing less than ten. I've noticed just increasing the minutes in practice increasing your free throw shooting, even if the grades don't change. I'd be interested in hearing what other coaches have to say.
10/23/2017 9:37 AM
Posted by pallas on 10/23/2017 9:37:00 AM (view original):
As we expected, bad free throw shooting doomed me. I shot 13/22. I also didn't play as high as I should have.

Not that I'm qualified to answer, craig, but I'd say nothing less than ten. I've noticed just increasing the minutes in practice increasing your free throw shooting, even if the grades don't change. I'd be interested in hearing what other coaches have to say.
It looks like they had a good night from behind the arc. I think playing slow down was the right strategy.
10/23/2017 11:51 AM
Posted by thewizard17 on 10/23/2017 11:51:00 AM (view original):

It looks like they had a good night from behind the arc. I think playing slow down was the right strategy.
I agree. I assumed my better defensive guards would keep their kids from getting hot from distance. So I played +2 and not +3. I fully expect to see them again in the conference championship game.
10/23/2017 1:16 PM
Posted by craigaltonw on 10/22/2017 11:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pallas on 10/22/2017 8:21:00 PM (view original):
Speaking of, what sort of practice minutes do y'all recommend for FT? When yellow, black, blue, green?
I assign practice minutes on a couple factors, the most important being "is this a core skill"? If I have a LP/ATH based scorer the answer is usually "yes" and I'll I try to use this as a guide:

GREEN/BLUE-as many as I can up to 20
Black- 7-15
YEllow-7
Red 1
10/23/2017 1:57 PM

Pallas, are you saying that Billy Bob with a C+ red FT grade will shoot a better % with 12 FT practice mins than Joe Jones with C+, red, and 0 practice mins?

the mins do nothing to affect the grade at that point, but you've seen the practice mins influence %?
10/23/2017 4:14 PM
Posted by craigaltonw on 10/23/2017 4:14:00 PM (view original):

Pallas, are you saying that Billy Bob with a C+ red FT grade will shoot a better % with 12 FT practice mins than Joe Jones with C+, red, and 0 practice mins?

the mins do nothing to affect the grade at that point, but you've seen the practice mins influence %?
In my experience, yes, but I don't think this should be taken as a solid rule. Again, take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. But I can tell you, I noticed a marked improvement in overall team FT percentage after adding several practice minutes to each player, even while the FT grades stayed the same.

TJ's post above is really good information.
10/23/2017 6:03 PM
◂ Prev 12
Tempo versus FB/Press Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.