2 2017 Pro Teams - CLAIMED Topic

Well...here I come once again to the Progressive League Classifieds with hat in hand...

Whether you're an experienced progressive league owner or someone looking to gain progressive league experience, the WADY (We Ain't Dead Yet) league now has 2 teams available for the 2017 season - the available teams in the American League uses the DH.

The WADY is a long standing 24 team progressive league that started with the 1969 season - this will be the league's 49th season!

The league reached the present in 2014 and now is designed to be a perpetual league that plays one season a calendar year - a rather minimal commitment in time for a progressive league

A league like this becomes much more like Fantasy Baseball in that you watch your players perform "for you" during the regular real life season in hope of what you will have to use at the end of the season

Drafting is much more like real world drafting since you often just have 1 season of performance on which to base your player evaluations for draft value

League rules include a requirement of 30 wins by Game 120 to qualify for for one of the first four picks in a worst to first draft

Teams are required to maintain a staff of 1200 IPs throughout the season

There is a supplemental 8 round draft of the undrafted pitchers amd position players from the regular draft to supplement rosters. You may draft up to 4 pitchers AND up to 4 position players in this 8 round AAA draft.

For each pitcher less than 4 that you select, you will be given a sim-generated below average AAA pitcher. You may NOT use a sim-generated AAA pitcher in game play. This is also true for position players. For each position players less than 4 you select, you will be given a sim-generated below average AAA position player. You may NOT use the sim-generated AAA position players in game play as well.
No limit on keepers (up to 25)

Players without a current season, but with a future season, may be placed on the IR...no limit on number of players who may be on the IR

No WW

No computer generated AAA players may be used

If you have any questions about the league, please sitemail me

If you would like to claim the team, just post your claim and/or sitemail me

Thanks for looking.....
10/28/2017 10:52 PM (edited)
2017 Cleveland Indians – play at Progressive Field - no DH - CLAIMED by Tammyk

29 potential keepers – 1 draft pick for each less than the maximum of 25
4th pick in the 2017 WADY Draft

Catcher – Carlos Ruiz, Kurt Suzuki
First Base – Greg Bird
Second Base – Greg Garcia, Brock Holt
Shortstop – Asdrubel Cabrerra, Aledmys Diaz
Third Base – Josh Donaldson, Justin Turner
Outfield – Nick Markakis, Cameron Maybin, Brett Gardner, Matt Joyce
Designated Hitter – Victor Martinez

Pitchers – Jamie Shields, Daniel Norris, Dellin Betances, Pat Neshek, Fernando Salas, Carlos Carrasco, Shawn Kelley, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Charlie Morton, Brandon Morrow, Mike Pelfrey, Blake Wood, Luis Perdomo, Adam Morgan, Wily Peralta

I/R – Nathan Eovaldi P (2018)
10/31/2017 7:44 PM (edited)
2017 Texas Rangers – play at Globe Life Park – USES DH - CLAIMED by grayfoxx

27 potential keepers – 1 draft pick for each less than the maximum of 25
3rd pick in the 2017 WADY Draft

Catcher – James McCann
First Base – Joe Mauer, John Jaso
Second Base – Daniel Murphy, Logan Forsythe
Shortstop – Erick Aybar, Miguel Rojas
Third Base – Yuli Gurriel, Andres Blanco
Outfield – Adam Duvall, Colby Rasmus, Kole Calhoun, Howie Kendrick
Designated Hitter – Brandon Moss

Pitchers – Tanner Roark, Mike Fiers, Jorge De La Rosa, Erasmo Ramirez, Luke Gregerson, George Kontos, Ryan Madson, Liam Hendriks, Sean Manaea, Jake Thompson, Braden Shipley, Mike Clevinger, Heath Hembree

I/R – Trevor Brown C (2018), Bobby Wilson C (2018), Xavier Cedeno P (2018), Aaron Blair P (2018)
10/31/2017 7:41 PM (edited)
2017 Boston - plays at Fenway Park - Uses the DH - CLAIMED by poppapomp

21 potential keepers - 1 draft pick for each less than the maximum of 25
7th pick in the 2017 WADY Draft

Catcher - Welington Castillo, Chris Iannetta
First Base - Eric Hosmer
Second Base - Josh Harrison, Tyler Saladino
Shortstop - Addison Russell, Didi Gregarius
Third Base - Wilmer Flores
Outfield - Yasiel Puig, Brandon Guyer, Hyun Soo Kim
DH -

Pitchers - Jeff Samardzija, John Lackey, , Kenta Maeda, Andrew Miller, Steve Cishek, Seung Hwan Oh, Adam Ottavino, Sam Dyson, Homer Bailey, Hisashi Iwakuma

I/R - Sean Rodriguez 1B (2018), Jeurys Familia P (2018), Anthony DeSclafani P (2018)
10/28/2017 10:53 PM (edited)
2017 Minnesota = plays at Target Field - uses the DH - CLAIMED by schuess

18 potential keepers - 1 draft pick for each less than the maximum of 25
12th pick in the 2017 WADY Draft

Catcher - Roberto Perez, Derek Norris
First Base -
Second Base - Jace Peterson
Shortstop - Brad Miller
Third Base - Nolan Arenado, Ryan Schimpf
Outfield - Andrew McCutchen, Leonys Martin
DH - Matt Holliday

Pitchers - Max Scherzer, Jose Quintana, Michael Pineda, J.C. Ramirez, Tyler Lyons, Kelvin Herrera, Tyler Anderson, Travis Wood, Ryan Dull

I/R - Dae-ho Lee 1B (2018), Billy Burns OF (2018), Antonio Bastardo P (2018)
10/28/2017 9:05 AM (edited)
I'll take the Boston Red Sox if still available.
10/28/2017 9:38 PM
poppapomp...sent you a sitemail
10/28/2017 10:53 PM
I'll take the Indians squad.
10/31/2017 5:22 PM
I guess Texas is the one left for me.

I am in.
10/31/2017 5:53 PM
Tammyk and grayfoxx...sent you sitremails
10/31/2017 7:41 PM
2 2017 Pro Teams - CLAIMED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.