TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 2/21/2018 1:57:00 PM (view original):
You two need to just stop conversing. You will not agree and that is fine. Agree to disagree and move on.
I can respect disagreeing, whether it be politics, religion, social issues, or whatever.
What I can't respect, and have zero tolerance for, is people making sheit up, then posting it as fact.
When it's in an effort to slander the person who the citizens of this Country elected as our President, who deserves everyone's respect whether they like him or not, it p!sses me off, and I don't believe it should go without being called-out as BS.
2/21/2018 2:34 PM
Bob is a passionate guy. Heck he thinks I am a Russian spy. LOL. Its fine. I respect the passion even if I disagree with his logic behind it.
2/21/2018 2:40 PM
Posted by all3 on 2/21/2018 2:34:00 PM (view original):
You two need to just stop conversing. You will not agree and that is fine. Agree to disagree and move on.
I can respect disagreeing, whether it be politics, religion, social issues, or whatever.
What I can't respect, and have zero tolerance for, is people making sheit up, then posting it as fact.
When it's in an effort to slander the person who the citizens of this Country elected as our President, who deserves everyone's respect whether they like him or not, it p!sses me off, and I don't believe it should go without being called-out as BS.
He doesn't deserve respect because he was elected president. Would you respect HRC more if she had won? I highly doubt it. I don't care who or what a person is. As far as I am concerned they need to earn my respect. In my opinion, Trump has not earned my respect in the slightest. he lies, he chats on his wives, he wastes time arguing with people who have hurt his feelings. When he does something worthy of my respect, he will get it.
2/21/2018 3:13 PM
Shame him on him for "chatting" on his wives.
2/21/2018 3:39 PM
Just kidding.
2/21/2018 3:40 PM
I'm not defending Trump, but I am just curious Wylie, do you respect Bill Clinton's presidency? He did all of the same things that you just accused Trump of.
2/21/2018 3:41 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/21/2018 3:13:00 PM (view original):
He doesn't deserve respect because he was elected president. Would you respect HRC more if she had won? I highly doubt it. I don't care who or what a person is. As far as I am concerned they need to earn my respect. In my opinion, Trump has not earned my respect in the slightest. he lies, he chats on his wives, he wastes time arguing with people who have hurt his feelings. When he does something worthy of my respect, he will get it.
He does, as does anyone in that Office. If we, as Americans don't show that person respect, how can we expect the rest of the World to do so?
You are correct that had HRC won the election, I probably would NOT have any more respect for her than I do now, but I would show her respect by NOT making things up about her and trying to talk her down. She would be the leader of my Country, and would deserve at least that.
2/21/2018 3:59 PM
reposted for clarity

"In retrospect Obama WAS fiscally responsible. He managed to stabilize a "sinking ship" Republican caused economic crisis without using a war or a huge Military spending increase (as stimulus) and delivered a growing economy to his successor (possibly) enabling a chance to grow the economy back closer to balance. He saved GM (which has payed back the assistance WITH interest). Yes this DID cause an increase in the debt. But compared to many administrations of the modern era, an actually smaller increase on a % of increase basis.

Until NOW, the leader of balooning the national debt on a % basis would be........... wait for it........... George H.W. Bush! (R) Repugnican!"

I admitted in an earlier post that I posted this originally from memory. However, I failed to point out that the graph I represented within my statement on George HW Bush was limited to post WWII presidents..... and thus omitted FDR. I was ALSO incorrect in that Reagan was worse than "HW" at adding to our National debt on a pct basis than was "HW"....... although "HW" only served 1 term and undoubtedly would have been responsible for more debt (see Clinton's 1st term) had he been re-elected.

As anyone able to read clearly can therefore see. I made up nothing! Indeed Reagan, and both Bushes were worse than Obama at adding national debt on a % basis. So, as I clearly stated:

"Yes this DID cause an increase in the debt. But compared to many administrations of the modern era, an actually smaller increase on a % of increase basis."

While I DID get a detail wrong (Reagan was worse than Bush, Sr.) the central point I made (that in retrospect Obama was fiscally responsible) concerning Obama's added debt relative to the other recent modern era Presidents was accurate. Completely! In fact the ONLY modern era President more responsible when concerning adding to our National debt was Clinton! Who, as I pointed out left his successor a BALANCED budget and had already made progress towards paying DOWN the debt! It took Republicans to F that up!!!

Some folks just don't like FACTS that don't agree with their own mistaken agenda.............. or they just like to stir the **** because they're not even concerned with fact as finding fact isn't their aim.......... dividing us REAL Americans is.

Now that the FBI has alerted the server hosts......... gotta wonder how long it will be before we see the absence of certain troll/bots around here that demonstrate such a one-sided bent! Agents of Putin. Banish them or hang them I say!
2/21/2018 6:00 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/21/2018 3:41:00 PM (view original):
I'm not defending Trump, but I am just curious Wylie, do you respect Bill Clinton's presidency? He did all of the same things that you just accused Trump of.
In some ways I respected Bill Clinton. He balanced the federal budget and the federal deficit was erased. In other ways he was not deserving of respect. He cheated on his wife (although if I was married to her I might do the same) He lied. Truthfully as far as I'm concerned all politicians lie. At least he gave the impression of caring about people (not saying he did, just that he gave that impression, to me at least) To me, it seems obvious that Trump cares for nobody but himself, his family and his rich cronies. Not saying that is true, just how it appears to me.
2/21/2018 6:45 PM
Posted by all3 on 2/21/2018 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/21/2018 3:13:00 PM (view original):
He does, as does anyone in that Office. If we, as Americans don't show that person respect, how can we expect the rest of the World to do so?
You are correct that had HRC won the election, I probably would NOT have any more respect for her than I do now, but I would show her respect by NOT making things up about her and trying to talk her down. She would be the leader of my Country, and would deserve at least that.
so, what things did I make up about Trump? Others may feel differently, but I think you don't deserve respect because of your position or job. You have to earn it. In my view, trump has done nothing to earn my respect. You can and do feel differently. That's fine. You are entitled to your views just as I am entitled to mine.
2/21/2018 6:48 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/21/2018 6:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/21/2018 3:41:00 PM (view original):
In some ways I respected Bill Clinton. He balanced the federal budget and the federal deficit was erased. In other ways he was not deserving of respect. He cheated on his wife (although if I was married to her I might do the same) He lied. Truthfully as far as I'm concerned all politicians lie. At least he gave the impression of caring about people (not saying he did, just that he gave that impression, to me at least) To me, it seems obvious that Trump cares for nobody but himself, his family and his rich cronies. Not saying that is true, just how it appears to me.
Can't argue with you on any of this.
2/21/2018 7:58 PM
Clinton was lucky as well as he came in at the time when tech exploded with the Internet and such. He spoke at my graduation as POTUS. Great speaker.
2/21/2018 7:59 PM
The internet played a large role. Also, the last two times our economy was truly strong was when we had two different parties in the executive branch and the legislative branch and we had a POTUS that was willing to work across the isle. Reagan had Skip O'Neil and Clinton had Gingrich. Obama had the Republicans for most of his presidency, but he had no desire to compromise.
2/21/2018 8:33 PM
TRUMP is the best President ever!
2/21/2018 8:35 PM
And the question in the topic has been definitively answered. Close the thread, guys.
2/21/2018 8:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...104|105|106|107|108...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.