TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Trump is just as much of a nut as Sanders (in a different way) and he won. I'm not young, dumb or naïve and it scares me that Trump managed to get himself elected.
5/4/2018 12:16 PM
I'm not sure I agree about Trump being a nut. I think he's actually intelligent and deliberate in his actions. He has very low moral character. That's a given, but I don't find it scary that he was elected. We have had other good presidents in the past that lacked moral fortitude. Our country is doing well under Trump despite his moral shortcomings. The fate of the country is more important than having a choir boy as president.
5/4/2018 12:20 PM
I find it scary that a guy who makes fun of handicapped people, makes sexist and racist remarks and seems totally oblivious to what life is like for the average American got elected. Granted, a lot had to do with his totally unlikeable opponent, but still. I also find it scary that no matter what kind of stupid thing he does, his supporters seem okay with it. I don't know how smart he is. The idiotic tweets he sends out are filled with misspelling. Listening to him speak, he does not come across as very intelligent. Maybe I'm wrong and he is very smart, but I haven't seen it yet.

You're right, the fate of the country is more important that the president's morals. I didn't really care when Clinton got into trouble for his sexual escapades and I don't really care when Trump does it. That is between him and his wife. I haven't seen much to indicate Trump is doing much for the fate of the country.
5/4/2018 12:27 PM (edited)
I think you hit it on the head with the reference to Hillary. I know you have stated hat you preferred her over Trump, but I think quite a few Americans saw 2 low class people candidates running against each other. One had no political experience and one had done a poor job in her political career. American people chose the unproven option.

Like I have said, I am not a Trump supporter. I could not bring myself to vote for someone who cheats people, but I do feel that our country has run smoothly during his presidency.
5/4/2018 12:31 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/4/2018 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Possibly Sanders because of the number of young people that would show up to vote for him. Harris wouldn't stand a chance.

Sanders is too much of a nut to win. His ideas are absolutely ridiculous. It's a scary thought that he could possibly make it competitive. He proves my point about young people being dumb and naive.
Name a couple of policies of Sanders that are ridiculous.
5/4/2018 12:33 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/4/2018 12:27:00 PM (view original):
I find it scary that a guy who makes fun of handicapped people, makes sexist and racist remarks and seems totally oblivious to what life is like for the average American got elected. Granted, a lot had to do with his totally unlikeable opponent, but still. I also find it scary that no matter what kind of stupid thing he does, his supporters seem okay with it. I don't know how smart he is. The idiotic tweets he sends out are filled with misspelling. Listening to him speak, he does not come across as very intelligent. Maybe I'm wrong and he is very smart, but I haven't seen it yet.

You're right, the fate of the country is more important that the president's morals. I didn't really care when Clinton got into trouble for his sexual escapades and I don't really care when Trump does it. That is between him and his wife. I haven't seen much to indicate Trump is doing much for the fate of the country.
I'm not sure that Trump has had an impact on the country's success, but I think it would be tough to prove that the country is struggling under his watch. It's really hard to quantify how much of an impact a president has on the country. 6 months from things could come crashing down, but right now things are good.
5/4/2018 12:34 PM
1. Free college
2. $15/hour minimum wage.
5/4/2018 12:36 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/4/2018 12:36:00 PM (view original):
1. Free college
agree on both. I do think American workers should be paid more as a while but 15$ minimum wage is ridiculous. I was a proponent of it until I saw the impact it has on small businesses and service industry establishments.
5/4/2018 1:00 PM
Posted by The Taint on 5/4/2018 1:00:00 PM (view original):
1. Free college
agree on both. I do think American workers should be paid more as a while but 15$ minimum wage is ridiculous. I was a proponent of it until I saw the impact it has on small businesses and service industry establishments.
Minimum wages and most other regulations benefit large corporations. They can afford them and they know that people like me can't, so as my businesses go under due to these policies, Walmart grows stronger and creates a larger monopoly.
5/4/2018 1:03 PM
1. Free college
1. I don't think this should necessarily be dismissed out of hand.If money were not an issue, we would have already done it. It is beneficial. What is wrong with it?
2. Yeah, this is pretty dumb.
5/4/2018 1:27 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/4/2018 12:34:00 PM (view original):

I'm not sure that Trump has had an impact on the country's success, but I think it would be tough to prove that the country is struggling under his watch. It's really hard to quantify how much of an impact a president has on the country. 6 months from things could come crashing down, but right now things are good.
What are your top priorities?
5/4/2018 1:28 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/4/2018 1:27:00 PM (view original):
1. Free college
1. I don't think this should necessarily be dismissed out of hand.If money were not an issue, we would have already done it. It is beneficial. What is wrong with it?
First off, money is in an issue. Secondly, when people are attending for free they have less of an incentive to give effort. There are already enough kids going for half of a semester and then quitting. That number would skyrocket even higher if they had nothing invested.

There are already plenty of post secondary options that are affordable for everyone. Tech schools and community colleges are super cheap and about every town has one.

Also, the government is already flipping the bill for 12 years of education. They should not have to do it for four more, but they do by way of PELL grant.

Point is, free college is a terrible idea. It's an attractive idea to young people, but it's dumb.
5/4/2018 1:35 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/4/2018 1:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/4/2018 12:34:00 PM (view original):

What are your top priorities?
From the government, national security and infrastructure. I want them to stay out of everything else.
5/4/2018 1:38 PM
Also, as far as free education goes. TN offers the first two years for free. It is funded by the lottery, so essentially the poor are paying for the upper middle class to go to school. That is just wrong.
5/4/2018 1:39 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/4/2018 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/4/2018 1:27:00 PM (view original):
1. Free college
First off, money is in an issue. Secondly, when people are attending for free they have less of an incentive to give effort. There are already enough kids going for half of a semester and then quitting. That number would skyrocket even higher if they had nothing invested.

There are already plenty of post secondary options that are affordable for everyone. Tech schools and community colleges are super cheap and about every town has one.

Also, the government is already flipping the bill for 12 years of education. They should not have to do it for four more, but they do by way of PELL grant.

Point is, free college is a terrible idea. It's an attractive idea to young people, but it's dumb.
First off, yes it is but we could either
a) Cut the military budget slightly
b) Raise the top 1%'s taxes by 1%.

Also why is that a big issue? If people don't give effort, they drop out, that's their responsibility. That's their choice. No harm done.

The issue, I think, is debt and community colleges are not super cheap.

PELL grants are also super important, and education is a right and necessity in a civilized society. I think education should be a higher priority than military in a Utopian society.
5/4/2018 1:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...137|138|139|140|141...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.