TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by strikeout26 on 5/4/2018 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/4/2018 4:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/4/2018 2:32:00 PM (view original):
The part where you've suggested a 1% tax hike on the rich on about 20 different issues. I know you went to Kansas public schools, but 20x1=20.

Freedom is a right. Owning slaves was not a right. It was a "privilege". I use that term losely because I'm not sure you can call such a heinous act a privilege. If it impedes on someone else's life, it is not a right IMO.
I think I have only suggested it on two issues. Maybe three.

OK so would the rich not paying taxes 'impede' on someone's chance of going to college? If we look at as a right, then yeah.
First off, it's not a right. Secondly, college is already free for the poor, so there is no need to tax the rich more in this instance.

As I said earlier, the average cost of a community college is $3,300. The average PELL grant award is $3,541. And if a kid truly cares about getting an education, there are 1,000s of scholarships that they could apply for.

This is just another attempt for the liberals to take away from the "evil" rich.
First off, why shouldn't it be. College is not already free for the poor.

I know hard working people who were straight A students and below the poverty line but never got a scholarship.

You know, if you resonate more with the poor, poor rich people who don't want to pay 1% more, you could always cut the military budget slightly.....

5/4/2018 5:57 PM
Once again, you don't read. It's annoying. My 2-year old seems to have a better attention span.

Average cost of community college equals $3,300. Average PELL grant award equals $3,541. The truly poor get even more in federal aid. College is already free for the poor.
5/4/2018 6:00 PM
Putting aside that not everyone gets a Pell Grant, what if someone needs to provide for their family?
5/4/2018 6:05 PM
Every poor person is eligible for the PELL grant. It is income based, so we will not put that aside.

Define family. If you mean wife and kids, then you made the choice to go that route. I have no issues with people that choose that route, but it needs to be understood that that choice comes with more struggles.

If you are talking about taking care of siblings and parents, that is not a child's responsibility. I have all of the respect in the world for people who choose to do this, but once again people need to understand that if they make this choice, it will add long term personal struggles.

I have been trying to explain to you for a long time that life is all about choices. Choices come with consequences. For some reason, you don't seem to grasp that.

Saying all that, online programs have made it possible for people to both provide for their family and get a degree.
5/4/2018 6:13 PM
Talking about mother, father, siblings.

There are many people who feel the need to provide for their family. Studies have shown that poor people value family more than the rest of us so them wanting to take care of their families should not be a surprise.

learningenglish.voanews.com/amp/3674106.html
5/4/2018 6:24 PM
I think that's a very admirable choice to make. I would do the same, but like I said, people need to understand the consequences of that choice. Also like I said, college is still more than feasible for people who make that choice.

5/4/2018 6:29 PM
Let's say someone works 50 hours in a week. Sleep, say, 7 hours per day. 168 hours in a week. So you have hours for everything else. - 14 hours for food and transport. -15 for everything else. So, working one job, you have, at most, 40 hours left. How many hours does college take online?
5/4/2018 6:39 PM
It is definitely a grind, but it's comes down to how bad you want it. I've known many people who work their way through school. It is only recently that kids have stopped working while in school. My mom worked 3 jobs while she was in college. I've seen women who work a job, take night classes, and have a child(ren). Granted, those women are truly exceptional and not many people could pull that off, but like I said, it comes down to how bad you want it.

5/4/2018 6:43 PM
You would have a hard time working for me. You keep telling me why something can't be done. My employees are expected to tell me how they are going to get something done. We don't use the word can't.

Humans are quite resilient when pushed.
5/4/2018 6:45 PM
As we have established, it is possible. Where we differ, again, is between equal opportunity and opportunity. You think just having opportunity is enough. I think equal opportunity is worth it. We just have a fundamental difference of opinion on that issue.
5/4/2018 6:46 PM
In a utopian society, would we have equal opportunity? I would say yes. You would say no.
5/4/2018 6:47 PM
Don't answer questions for me. Of course I would prefer equal opportunity, but unlike you, I realize that we don't live in a utopia. Opportunities will never be equal. There is nothing you or the government can do about that.

This all started because cause you were advocating for free college. I showed you that college is already free. Is that not good enough for you?
5/4/2018 6:53 PM
Don't answer questions for me. Of course I know that we will never have truly equal opportunity. But we can work towards it if that is the goal. We will never have a society without disease, or murder. But we can work towards that goal.

I never advocated for free college. Look back at my first post. I think it is an idea that cannot just be laughed off.
5/4/2018 6:58 PM
Okay, tell me your solution for equalizing opportunity. I'm listening. I'm going to poke holes in your argument, but I am not doing it to be offensive. I'm doing it so that you can make your argument stronger.

But first, tell me who doesn't have equal opportunity and which opportunities are lacking.
5/4/2018 7:17 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/4/2018 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/4/2018 2:58:00 PM (view original):
I have explained to tangplay that the military budget is miniscule compared to entitlements. Since tangplay is clueless he forgets. Slaves were taken away because the South lost the war. Do you need to learn American history too?

No, you have not.

And slaves were taken away because slavery is an immoral thing to do and one person's freedom to own slaves doesn't go over another person's freedom to live.
What? They were taken away because the South lost the war. You idiot.
5/4/2018 9:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...139|140|141|142|143...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.