TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

I don’t care if you are stupid but I do care if you are intolerant. For example if I say that children and parents get separated at the border because a lot of times children are sent by themselves or people pose as parents because they are drug mules or that this law was in place under BHO and no one said anything, I am called an insensitive bigot by the Left.

Pretty stupid and intolerant.
6/19/2018 7:25 AM
It's ad hominem, cccp. People really don't talk to each other anymore.
6/19/2018 8:14 AM
What would be your perfect immigration solution, CCCP?
6/19/2018 11:43 AM
Posted by tangplay on 6/19/2018 11:43:00 AM (view original):
#1) You apply and come here legally. Like our parents, grandparents, etc. did.

#2) You change the law that if people don't come here legally we keep the families together but we send them back immediately unless there are dire circumstances in doing so.

Right now people who come here illegally are breaking the law. If you don't like that then you change the law via Congress. But you cannot throw stones at the POTUS or the Police for enforcing the law, can you? I don't think so.
6/19/2018 11:50 AM
I think that's pretty fair.
6/19/2018 12:03 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/19/2018 11:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 6/19/2018 11:43:00 AM (view original):
#1) You apply and come here legally. Like our parents, grandparents, etc. did.

#2) You change the law that if people don't come here legally we keep the families together but we send them back immediately unless there are dire circumstances in doing so.

Right now people who come here illegally are breaking the law. If you don't like that then you change the law via Congress. But you cannot throw stones at the POTUS or the Police for enforcing the law, can you? I don't think so.
This post deserves a double AMEN.
6/19/2018 12:06 PM
Thank you to both all and TP.
6/19/2018 12:25 PM (edited)
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/19/2018 7:25:00 AM (view original):
I don’t care if you are stupid but I do care if you are intolerant. For example if I say that children and parents get separated at the border because a lot of times children are sent by themselves or people pose as parents because they are drug mules or that this law was in place under BHO and no one said anything, I am called an insensitive bigot by the Left.

and if I say Trump is a lying con-man, I'm called a crazy leftist liberal by the right. I'm also called un-patriotic.
6/19/2018 12:21 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/19/2018 12:21:00 PM (view original):

and if I say Trump is a lying con-man, I'm called a crazy leftist liberal by the right. I'm also called un-patriotic.
Show some examples? I don't think I ever said that. Or anyone did for that matter.

I am still waiting to hear from you on what specific policies you are referring to that you either disagree with or feel that you have been conned in some way?
6/19/2018 12:27 PM
I don't feel I've been conned. I think I know what and who Trump is, so his con did not work on me. And what do you mean "still" waiting? I didn't even know you were waiting in the first place.
6/20/2018 12:16 PM

Unaccompanied minors aren't the issue here. They aren't being separated from their parents by the US government because they arrived alone.

Maybe some people are pretending to be parents, but the vast majority are the parents. Taking the children from them is cruel and damaging to the children. It's inhumane and needs to stop immediately.

And no, this "law" (it's actually a executive policy, not a law) was not in place under Obama. It's new, as of May 2018.
6/20/2018 12:51 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2018 12:51:00 PM (view original):

Unaccompanied minors aren't the issue here. They aren't being separated from their parents by the US government because they arrived alone.

Maybe some people are pretending to be parents, but the vast majority are the parents. Taking the children from them is cruel and damaging to the children. It's inhumane and needs to stop immediately.

And no, this "law" (it's actually a executive policy, not a law) was not in place under Obama. It's new, as of May 2018.
Maybe then parents should not try to come over illegally?

Right?

They are breaking the law. If you know you will be separated from your kids, odds are you won't come over.
6/20/2018 1:16 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/20/2018 1:16:00 PM (view original):

Right?

They are breaking the law. If you know you will be separated from your kids, odds are you won't come over.
So torture toddlers as an immigration deterrent?

That's ******.
6/20/2018 1:23 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2018 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/20/2018 1:16:00 PM (view original):

Right?

So torture toddlers as an immigration deterrent?

That's ******.
I don't get it, bad luck.
  1. Parents are breaking the law. So what do you want our officials to do? Don't come over illegally. Obviously something is amiss in Mexico if people are flocking out of there.
  2. If things are this bad and you agree they are since people are flocking out of there at the risk of being separated from their children, then why do people oppose a wall?
It is inhumane. It does suck. But it is a deterrent. If your parents rob a bank you will be separated from your kids. Your kids won't go to jail with you. This new administration ran on a strict immigration policy and they won. So now they are enforcing what they ran on. It seems pretty simple to me. If you don't like it then vote them out?

We are a Republic not an Autocracy.
6/20/2018 1:31 PM
You don't get it? Correct.

The fact that people try to immigrate here illegally doesn't obligate us to take their children from them. The fact that this is a new policy proves that.
6/20/2018 1:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...274|275|276|277|278...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.