TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Can you not read? This administration ran on tough illegal immigration policy. They won. They are implementing it. If you don't like it then vote them out?

Honestly, my kids read better than you do.
6/20/2018 1:51 PM
Again, that's dumb. Being tough on immigration doesn't require torturing children.

That's like saying, "Hitler ran on white supremacy, I guess he's justified in his actions against Jews."
6/20/2018 1:57 PM
I mean, ****, you're arguing an issue that you're clueless about. Up until an hour ago, you thought Obama put this "law" into place.
6/20/2018 1:59 PM
It was in practice just not as enforced as it is now. Did you equate genocide to this? Seriously?

So would you support the wall then? Or are you against that too? How would you deter illegal immigration?

And lastly, in your example, Hitler did run on that, did enforce it and was lauded for it. Difference was, Jews were not breaking any laws. Illegals are. They are given plenty of warnings and still decide to cross illegally.

Again, what would you do? I am curious.

Of course in typical BL fashion you will skirt the issue and not respond. You'll just keep swearing.

You are such a child.
6/20/2018 2:02 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/20/2018 2:02:00 PM (view original):
It was in practice just not as enforced as it is now. Did you equate genocide to this? Seriously?

So would you support the wall then? Or are you against that too? How would you deter illegal immigration?

And lastly, in your example, Hitler did run on that, did enforce it and was lauded for it. Difference was, Jews were not breaking any laws. Illegals are. They are given plenty of warnings and still decide to cross illegally.

Again, what would you do? I am curious.

Of course in typical BL fashion you will skirt the issue and not respond. You'll just keep swearing.

You are such a child.
No, it was not in practice. ICE did not separate families until May of this year.

It's called an analogy.

I would not support the wall. I think border security is important. I think the wall is useless.

The "they're breaking the law so anything we do to them is justified" argument is stupid as hell.
6/20/2018 2:04 PM
How about instead of separating parents and children, we send the whole family back to Mexico and tell them to immigrate legally if they want to stay??
6/20/2018 2:09 PM
They enforced the law stating that anyone who crosses illegally will be arrested. Similar to anyone who robs a bank will be arrested. So when they are arrested of course they are separated from their kids. If you don't like the law then change it. Again this administration ran on this. If you don't like it then vote them out.

So you support border security but you don't support a wall or a zero tolerance policy. So then what other ideas do you have to address this self defined by you, important topic?

BTW, I understand where you are coming from but this is what the administration ran on. I am not asking if you agree with this policy as you clearly do not but are you surprised by it? I am not in the least. You will have your chance to vote the POTUS out in 2020.
6/20/2018 2:10 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/20/2018 2:09:00 PM (view original):
How about instead of separating parents and children, we send the whole family back to Mexico and tell them to immigrate legally if they want to stay??
I am OK with that. I am not actually sure why they don't do that in lieu of arresting people. Maybe an immigration expert may enlighten me on this matter?
6/20/2018 2:11 PM
I'm personally not surprised by anything this administration does.
6/20/2018 2:12 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/20/2018 2:11:00 PM (view original):
I am OK with that. I am not actually sure why they don't do that in lieu of arresting people. Maybe an immigration expert may enlighten me on this matter?
This truly does seem like the easiest thing. Hell, even both "sides" agree on it here, and that NEVER happens.
6/20/2018 2:14 PM
The admin created a new "zero tolerance" policy that requires the criminal prosecution of anyone caught crossing illegally (including people attempting to apply for asylum, which is nuts). Instead of turning them around and sending them back like previous administrations, they now arrest them, separate the children, and prosecute the parents.
6/20/2018 2:15 PM
The government doesn't do it (not just talking about the Trump administration..any government) because it makes too much sense.
6/20/2018 2:15 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/20/2018 2:12:00 PM (view original):
I'm personally not surprised by anything this administration does.
Exactly. You can disagree with it, you can yell at them, etc.

DJT ran on:
  1. Stronger economy (cut the tax rate for corporates)
  2. Better trade deals (see trade war)
  3. Stronger military (see new budget bill)
  4. Border security (what we are discussing now)
  5. Stronger ties with Israel (see moving capital to Jerusalem)
  6. No longer being UNs piggy bank (see US pull out of numerous accords, deals, etc.)
  7. Better relations with N. Korea (see negotiations)
  8. Eliminate ACA (step one was in the tax plan)

He is doing what he said he would do. I understand that those that did not vote for him don't like it but he almost has to do this as he ran on these exact matters.
6/20/2018 2:17 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2018 2:15:00 PM (view original):
The admin created a new "zero tolerance" policy that requires the criminal prosecution of anyone caught crossing illegally (including people attempting to apply for asylum, which is nuts). Instead of turning them around and sending them back like previous administrations, they now arrest them, separate the children, and prosecute the parents.
I think its because they want a strong deterrent. I agree just send them back. I don't blame people from fleeing Mexico. Watch the movie, Sicario. WOW!
6/20/2018 2:18 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2018 2:15:00 PM (view original):
It would be like cops pulling over everyone going over 55. Yes the law is they should but they don't. Way to fix it would be to raise the speed limit not yell at the cops for enforcing the law.
6/20/2018 2:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...275|276|277|278|279...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.