TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 6/20/2018 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2018 2:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/20/2018 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 6/20/2018 2:09:00 PM (view original):
How about instead of separating parents and children, we send the whole family back to Mexico and tell them to immigrate legally if they want to stay??
I am OK with that. I am not actually sure why they don't do that in lieu of arresting people. Maybe an immigration expert may enlighten me on this matter?
The admin created a new "zero tolerance" policy that requires the criminal prosecution of anyone caught crossing illegally (including people attempting to apply for asylum, which is nuts). Instead of turning them around and sending them back like previous administrations, they now arrest them, separate the children, and prosecute the parents.
It would be like cops pulling over everyone going over 55. Yes the law is they should but they don't. Way to fix it would be to raise the speed limit not yell at the cops for enforcing the law.
Jesus.

There is no law requiring the administration to criminally prosecute illegal immigrants. It's a misdemeanor to cross over illegally. So this would be like the cops arresting everyone going over 55. It's nuts.
6/20/2018 2:22 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/20/2018 2:18:00 PM (view original):
How about instead of separating parents and children, we send the whole family back to Mexico and tell them to immigrate legally if they want to stay??
I am OK with that. I am not actually sure why they don't do that in lieu of arresting people. Maybe an immigration expert may enlighten me on this matter?
The admin created a new "zero tolerance" policy that requires the criminal prosecution of anyone caught crossing illegally (including people attempting to apply for asylum, which is nuts). Instead of turning them around and sending them back like previous administrations, they now arrest them, separate the children, and prosecute the parents.
I think its because they want a strong deterrent. I agree just send them back. I don't blame people from fleeing Mexico. Watch the movie, Sicario. WOW!
that's a movie..not real life. It makes no sense to not send them back. You arrest and prosecute them, we (the taxpayers) pay to feed them while they await trial and then pay to prosecute them. Why not just send them back and use that money to pay for your useless wall? (Its probably not completely useless, bu I doubt it will make much difference)
6/20/2018 2:22 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/20/2018 2:15:00 PM (view original):
The government doesn't do it (not just talking about the Trump administration..any government) because it makes too much sense.
It's literally what the government has always done until last month.
6/20/2018 2:23 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2018 2:22:00 PM (view original):
It would be like cops pulling over everyone going over 55. Yes the law is they should but they don't. Way to fix it would be to raise the speed limit not yell at the cops for enforcing the law.
Jesus.

There is no law requiring the administration to criminally prosecute illegal immigrants. It's a misdemeanor to cross over illegally. So this would be like the cops arresting everyone going over 55. It's nuts.
Except the administration ran on this. They want to halt illegal immigration and hence they are doing this. Generally the response is deportation but that has not been working so the administration went to Plan B. Arrests.

If you don't like it then vote them out.
6/20/2018 2:26 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/20/2018 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Jesus.

Except the administration ran on this. They want to halt illegal immigration and hence they are doing this. Generally the response is deportation but that has not been working so the administration went to Plan B. Arrests.

And around we go.

The fact that they ran on tough immigration policies does not mean that they aren't choosing to torture toddlers. No one is forcing this. Trump was in office for 16 months before they decided to do this.

And now it looks like the pressure will force him to cave. He's going to sign an executive order reversing the policy.
6/20/2018 2:33 PM
There you have it. No more reason to complain LOL.
6/20/2018 2:36 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2018 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/20/2018 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Jesus.

And around we go.

The fact that they ran on tough immigration policies does not mean that they aren't choosing to torture toddlers. No one is forcing this. Trump was in office for 16 months before they decided to do this.

And now it looks like the pressure will force him to cave. He's going to sign an executive order reversing the policy.
Torture toddlers? Aren't the parents doing that by coming to the US illegally knowing this will happen? Do you think any blame lies on them at all? 1%?
6/20/2018 2:40 PM
No, the parents are not to blame. It's 100% on the administration.
6/20/2018 2:41 PM
Also, you say "knowing this will happen" like the parents are reading the ******* Wall St Journal as they ride in the back of a freight train from Honduras.
6/20/2018 2:41 PM
Damn you are obtuse. So how would YOU fix it? Obviously deportation has not worked. You don't like arrests. You don't support the Wall. What would you do differently if anything? You stated that border security is important.
6/20/2018 2:47 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2018 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Only a Californian could be this totally freakin' ridiculous.

Maybe we should let those people tell us what Nationality they are associating with most each day and treat them accordingly - wouldn't that be great b_l?
6/20/2018 4:10 PM (edited)
Posted by all3 on 6/20/2018 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2018 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Only a Californian could be this totally freakin' ridiculous.
Yes, when kids fail out of school, BL blames the teachers not the parents. LOL.

I am not sure if it is a Cali thing or a BL thing.
6/20/2018 2:48 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/20/2018 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Damn you are obtuse. So how would YOU fix it? Obviously deportation has not worked. You don't like arrests. You don't support the Wall. What would you do differently if anything? You stated that border security is important.
What do you mean, "obviously deportation has not worked." It seemed like it was working fine. Nothing is ever going to stop people from trying to immigrate here.

Putting aside the fact that we benefit from immigration (even illegal immigration), we should take advantage of technology to secure the border as efficiently as possible, deport people who need to be deported, provide a path to citizenship for DACA residents, and treat illegal immigrants humanely. It's technically a crime to come illegally, but the vast majority aren't criminals. They are just desperate for a better life.
6/20/2018 2:52 PM
There are more naive posters on this site, and more argumentative posters on this site, and certainly crazier posters on this site, but b_l is without a doubt, far-and-away the dumbest poster on this site. So much so that he seems proud of continually proving it. (Sure hope he goes back to sharing his baseball "knowledge" soon, or maybe some talk about the importance and reliability of polls.)
6/20/2018 2:54 PM
They do it, and it's a crime, but they're not criminals. This sh*t is better than any stand-up comedian.
6/20/2018 2:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...276|277|278|279|280...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.