TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

ive heard it both ways.
6/14/2019 2:32 PM
Intellectualize, Smillsionualize..........

WHICH of my guns you aiming to take away Dino? Just how far you willing to go to take away the arsenal of some bible thumping redneck from outside Waco, or Ruby Ridge, or podunk Arkansas, or Winkelman, Arizonna? You gonna support the Gov't knocking down doors and prying away the firearm from the clutches of the DEAD flag waving veteran self described "Patriot" who hunkered therein?

You're tampering with Freedom. Long held freedom. Messy business. I don't need/have a bazooka but what if I did and some goonsquad tried to "storm" my compound and I reacted to protect my freedom??? As I said, messy business.

You'll make heroes of a whole bunch of neer-do-wells from the badlands, forests, deserts, scablands, and such who'll be running amok "protecting" the people's Freedom. Civil war all over again, except this time the freedom being argued about ISN'T morally flawed. God gave me a gun. She didn't give me a slave, That'n I stole.
6/14/2019 2:43 PM (edited)
we need bazookas to hunt varmint.
my freedom of expression.
the reason all those people in mississippi have no teeth is they keep forgetting to take out the bullets from the possum stew.
6/14/2019 2:47 PM
scene from animal house:

D-Day (Bruce McGill): "War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!...(He ran to the front door but no one followed him)

Bluto (returning): What the f--k happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, Bluto, we might get in trouble.' (shouting) Well, just kiss my *** from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter (Tim Matheson): Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

We're just the guys to do it...LET'S DO IT!

6/14/2019 5:28 PM
thats right !....all3 he is a dope ,man.....dahs...dufus......ccp..coma.
lets get going.
6/14/2019 6:25 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
it was a blutoistic quote.
i disagree with you intensely but you are obviously intelligent......misguided but intelligent.
doesnt anyone know when i am kidding.
6/14/2019 8:52 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 6/14/2019 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Intellectualize, Smillsionualize..........

WHICH of my guns you aiming to take away Dino? Just how far you willing to go to take away the arsenal of some bible thumping redneck from outside Waco, or Ruby Ridge, or podunk Arkansas, or Winkelman, Arizonna? You gonna support the Gov't knocking down doors and prying away the firearm from the clutches of the DEAD flag waving veteran self described "Patriot" who hunkered therein?

You're tampering with Freedom. Long held freedom. Messy business. I don't need/have a bazooka but what if I did and some goonsquad tried to "storm" my compound and I reacted to protect my freedom??? As I said, messy business.

You'll make heroes of a whole bunch of neer-do-wells from the badlands, forests, deserts, scablands, and such who'll be running amok "protecting" the people's Freedom. Civil war all over again, except this time the freedom being argued about ISN'T morally flawed. God gave me a gun. She didn't give me a slave, That'n I stole.
a person could look at the 2nd amendment broadly as a right to self defense

in an alternate universe i can picture a series of supreme court decisions over the two and a half centuries

expanding that right from defending oneself against the government's aggression to defending oneself against the neighborhood's aggression

a universal right
6/14/2019 10:23 PM
you have the right to remain silent.
6/14/2019 10:36 PM
6/14/2019 10:44 PM
thats what im here for.
6/14/2019 11:07 PM
Posted by dino27 on 6/14/2019 1:22:00 PM (view original):
i dont need to intellectualize the need for gun control.
In that case we just fundamentally disagree. There is a vast body of psychological research that indicates that when we don't force ourselves to consider multiple options in a comparative approach we tend to answer difficult questions by subconsciously substituting easy questions and answering those. If you don't "intellectualize" the issue you don't really consider it. Gun control is complicated and nuanced. There isn't a strong correlation between gun ownership rates and rates of violent crime among developed nations. There is the historical social context I mentioned earlier. There are the constitutional considerations. There are questions of compensation for citizens in possession of anything you make illegal. If you think you can just think about gun control for 5 seconds, without weighing the advantages and disadvantages, and without offering any meaningful ideas for implementation, your are sorely mistaken.

My guess is that when you think about the question "what gun control laws should the United States embrace," you're substituting something else. You're thinking about school shootings or the Las Vegas shooting and thinking "we need to stop that from happening again," and your easiest solution to that is to reduce access to firearms. But you aren't thinking about any of the details involved in such a law. You aren't thinking about gun control at all. That's the only way it could appear so obviously black and white.
6/14/2019 11:54 PM
im talking about the basics....

reasonable universal background checks without loopholes
no gun show loopholes
no straw men purchases
ban on assault weapons
eligibility....no loonies
bump stocks
no guns to anyone on do not fly list

simple common sense stuff that just about everyone outside of the NRA leaders and the cowardly republican congressmen want.

these things are complex and debatable in an advanced and allegedly civilized society ?
6/15/2019 12:04 AM
when you cant agree on the goal how in the world can you get to the implementation of actions.
6/15/2019 12:07 AM
◂ Prev 1...571|572|573|574|575...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.