TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by strikeout26 on 1/1/2018 2:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/1/2018 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/1/2018 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Once again, it's all about personal choice. I would recommend that everyone read "7 habits of highly effective people." Your environment doesn't define you, your choices do.
Yeah people have personal choice. I agree. But your environment has an effect. It is CLEARLY not a level playing field.
Your environment has an effect if you allow it to have an effect. Once again, it's another choice.
Unless your environment means you only know one choice.
1/1/2018 2:59 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/1/2018 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 1/1/2018 1:40:00 PM (view original):
Why are you quoting 1990 statistics? I didn't post them. Slavery ended over 150 years ago. The 1960s are over and Nixon and Reagan are dead. The majority of voters in Seattle are Democrats. And if nobody is racist then why do you post it? You should give up this argument and it is beyond party lines.

I would rather we agree on something instead of resist.

I wouldn't mind a new and improved infrastructure bill.
Because the statistics presumably still hold true today. And as the statistics show, THE IMPACT OF THOSE PEOPLE AND THINGS ARE STILL AROUND. And some people are racist others are not.
Black slums didn't exist prior to NIXON? He's the culprit and Republicans are monsters? And prior to 1968 everything was solid?

"Presumably" is a very weak foundational word to base an argument on. Particularly when it's forced into the first sentence.
1/1/2018 2:59 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/1/2018 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Why are you quoting 1990 statistics? I didn't post them. Slavery ended over 150 years ago. The 1960s are over and Nixon and Reagan are dead. The majority of voters in Seattle are Democrats. And if nobody is racist then why do you post it? You should give up this argument and it is beyond party lines.

There is a difference between inequality and inequity. We had an African American POTUS who won by a landslide both times. This country has racist people but there is no more white privilege or wide spread institutional racism. We are not any more racist now than we were in the 60s yet in 60s 20% of African American kids had 1 parent and today it is around 70%. Nothing to do with racism and everything to do with culture.
AMEN!
1/1/2018 3:01 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/1/2018 2:59:00 PM (view original):
Once again, it's all about personal choice. I would recommend that everyone read "7 habits of highly effective people." Your environment doesn't define you, your choices do.
Yeah people have personal choice. I agree. But your environment has an effect. It is CLEARLY not a level playing field.
Your environment has an effect if you allow it to have an effect. Once again, it's another choice.
Let's be real. People know right from wrong. This mindset is insulting to minorities intelligence.
1/1/2018 3:04 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/1/2018 2:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/1/2018 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/1/2018 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 12/31/2017 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 12/31/2017 5:12:00 PM (view original):
White privilege: Advantages both social and economic that benefit people identified as white beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people under the same circumstances. Example: Because I am white bad_luck thinks I can get jobs easier than an African American or Asian American person. Yet Asian Americans statistically earn the most in the U.S. But stats don't matter to bad_luck because he is an idiot.
'Get Jobs easier'
'Asians earn the most'
False equivalence
HOW?!??!!? You idiot?!?!?! NO!!!

Please never respond to my posts again. You are a moron.
OK let me break it down for you. YOU were talking about white privilege meaning 'getting jobs easier', which I agree with. Then, you go on to prove that claim by saying, 'Asian Americans earn the most in the US'. This statistic means nothing in the context of your argument. Asian Americans can be discriminated against and still earn the most. It's pretty obvious that there is a stereotype around Asian Americans that they are 'smarter' than the rest of us. So just finding that statistic out of context really means nothing because it is a completely different issue. You proved nothing.
No, dummy. I used getting jobs easier as an example but it is not true. Asian Americans would not be getting paid more if they could not attain the higher paying jobs. Fact is men do get better jobs but not because of their color. This is my LAST post to you:

You are a mental midget who does not know sh*t about F*ck. You have no idea about the business world, you are a terrible writer and your religious views are at best primitive. There is no such thing as white privilege or institutional racism. There are those that are racists but so what, it is not wide spread and it is not built into our culture. Your idiocy is off the charts. STFU and read a damn book.
Uhh that is simply not true. Here is a good post for you. https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2012/ted_20121026.htm

This shows that white people and Asians get higher paying jobs (Because of the stereotype). Black people have majority production, transportation, etc., Hispanics have majority natural resources, etc. So yes, you are correct. I agree, Asians are better off in terms of getting higher-paying jobs. However I am correct in saying that white people and Asians are better off. It's black people and Hispanics that a) Statistically get lower-paying jobs and b) Have much higher unemployment rates. You are correct about Asians (although your logic is still off), but I am correct about white privledge.

https://www.stlouisfed.org/on-the-economy/2017/february/why-unemployment-rates-vary-races-ethnicity
1/1/2018 3:07 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/1/2018 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Nope. The left loves crutches and doesn't understand personal choice. Nothing naive about it.
So the fact that crimes are committed equally among races yet black people get arrested twice as much isn't a big deal and does not show that white people are better off in any way?
1/1/2018 3:08 PM
Posted by DougOut on 1/1/2018 2:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/1/2018 1:56:00 PM (view original):

Because the statistics presumably still hold true today. And as the statistics show, THE IMPACT OF THOSE PEOPLE AND THINGS ARE STILL AROUND. And some people are racist others are not.
Black slums didn't exist prior to NIXON? He's the culprit and Republicans are monsters? And prior to 1968 everything was solid?

"Presumably" is a very weak foundational word to base an argument on. Particularly when it's forced into the first sentence.
Black slums did not have that culture and drug abuse if not for Nixon... His aide literally admitted it. Read the God Damn quote.

I am the only one to have provided statistics, until you provide more recent statistics saying otherwise, my statement holds true.
1/1/2018 3:10 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/1/2018 3:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/1/2018 2:59:00 PM (view original):
Let's be real. People know right from wrong. This mindset is insulting to minorities intelligence.
So if you grew up in a slum with abusive parents who were in and out of jail (as many do) you would have great role models too?
1/1/2018 3:11 PM
Posted by DougOut on 1/1/2018 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/1/2018 2:30:00 PM (view original):

There is a difference between inequality and inequity. We had an African American POTUS who won by a landslide both times. This country has racist people but there is no more white privilege or wide spread institutional racism. We are not any more racist now than we were in the 60s yet in 60s 20% of African American kids had 1 parent and today it is around 70%. Nothing to do with racism and everything to do with culture.
AMEN!
This is not about racism though. It really isn't. What the deniers are saying can be lumped into a) I'm not racist, it's black people's fault. b) It's their own choice. But just look at my statistics and anecdotal evidence and tell me that white people are not better off.

Also divorce rates are WAYYYY up for everyone since the 60's, which would explain that stat.
1/1/2018 3:14 PM
AGAIN THIS IS NOT ABOUT RACISM OR PARTY LINES. The question here in my mind is, "Are white people better off than black or Hispanics because of their race?" And the answer is 100% yes.
1/1/2018 3:24 PM (edited)
Of course not. But I would still be responsible for my own choices and there would be natural consequences tied to those choices. I find the lefts arguments on this issue quite insulting towards minorities. They are smart, resilient people who are more than capable of making the right choice regardless of the environment. The left likes to argue that they are incapable of this, which, in my opinion, is the left being racist without even realizing it.
1/1/2018 3:17 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/1/2018 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/1/2018 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Nope. The left loves crutches and doesn't understand personal choice. Nothing naive about it.
So the fact that crimes are committed equally among races yet black people get arrested twice as much isn't a big deal and does not show that white people are better off in any way?
I'm not a big fan of using crime rates to show social injustice. It's simple. Don't commit the crime. If you want to show me credible statistics that innocent minorities are being convicted you might sway me.
1/1/2018 3:20 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/1/2018 3:17:00 PM (view original):
Of course not. But I would still be responsible for my own choices and there would be natural consequences tied to those choices. I find the lefts arguments on this issue quite insulting towards minorities. They are smart, resilient people who are more than capable of making the right choice regardless of the environment. The left likes to argue that they are incapable of this, which, in my opinion, is the left being racist without even realizing it.
I am not saying that they are incapable, of course they are not. You can still rise up from it. ALL I am saying is that it is a disadvantage.
1/1/2018 3:24 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/1/2018 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/1/2018 3:15:00 PM (view original):
AGAIN THIS IS NOT ABOUT RACISM OR PARTY LINES. The question here in my mind is, "Are white people better off than black or Hispanics because of their gender." And the answer is 100% yes.
You might want to edit this and change gender to race.
oh whoops done
1/1/2018 3:24 PM
The answer is no. People that come from wealth have an advantage, but race plays no factor. Poor white people struggle with the same issues as poor blacks and hispanics. Poverty is a much larger indicator than race.
1/1/2018 3:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...62|63|64|65|66...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.