TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by all3 on 8/28/2019 9:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 8/28/2019 8:47:00 AM (view original):
Polls had Trump losing to HRC by double-digits in several States he won in 2016, as late as the day before.
Why anyone (other than our "pal" b_l) would still put any stock at all in any of them is beyond me.
Went back to check my #s. Can't find any election eve info, but PA's 10/12 poll shows HRC at 49% and Trump at 39% in PA, which Trump lost. So double-figures less than a month before. Don't want to be called a liar.
So one poll from Pennsylvania from a month before the election shows that all polls can't be trusted.
8/28/2019 12:02 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/28/2019 9:06:00 AM (view original):
BUT, she didn't WIN!! This is why polls are ridiculous. A nationwide "popularity" poll means absolutely NOTHING! At any time.

A poll is absolutely meaningless UNLESS the entire "parameters" of the polling are disclosed. They rarely are.
Who was polled? Where did they live? What kind of "individual" were they? How were the polling questions phrased? What was asked?
Without knowing the exact protocol used in the poll the "results" are meaningless. Rarely does the poll taker publish adequately the "protocol" used in the polling. Thus the results are meaningless.

Plus, popularity polls done nationally are a complete joke. That is NOT how we elect the POTUS.
The ONLY polls that mean anything in a Presidential race are statewide AND you must be very careful when looking at the results because nearly ALL the time the poll is done by someone with a motive to produce a "poll" with some specifically hoped for result. Thus they "design" the questions to produce a predicted response.
Thank you, bob.
(Let me guess - the blocked moron is still defending polls, right?)
8/28/2019 12:29 PM
TY. facts are facts. IF you're referring to tangy......... the answer would be Yes!
8/28/2019 1:19 PM

President Donald Trump Wednesday ripped apart Fox News, declaring after appearances on a morning show from prominent Democrats that the network is letting people down and commenting that "we have to start looking for a new network."

In his tweets, Trump insisted he doesn't want to win the 2020 election for himself, but that "I only want to Win for the people. The New @FoxNews is letting millions of GREAT people down! We have to start looking for a new News Outlet. Fox isn’t working for us anymore!"

Is a News Network supposed to be, Don the Con?

8/28/2019 2:11 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 8/28/2019 2:11:00 PM (view original):

President Donald Trump Wednesday ripped apart Fox News, declaring after appearances on a morning show from prominent Democrats that the network is letting people down and commenting that "we have to start looking for a new network."

In his tweets, Trump insisted he doesn't want to win the 2020 election for himself, but that "I only want to Win for the people. The New @FoxNews is letting millions of GREAT people down! We have to start looking for a new News Outlet. Fox isn’t working for us anymore!"

Is a News Network supposed to be, Don the Con?

Touchdown in the Bronx!!!
8/28/2019 4:01 PM
I know this will sound very old fashioned to some of you, but there was a time not all that long ago when most people believed that it was the Media's job to REPORT the news, instead of MAKE it or INFLUENCE it.
8/28/2019 5:42 PM
So in the early morning Bedbug Donnie, declares Fox isn't working for him anymore, and tells his aides if they commit illegal acts to further his agenda, he will pardon them.....isn't it time the GOP wakes up?
8/28/2019 5:59 PM
Posted by all3 on 8/28/2019 5:42:00 PM (view original):
I know this will sound very old fashioned to some of you, but there was a time not all that long ago when most people believed that it was the Media's job to REPORT the news, instead of MAKE it or INFLUENCE it.
True. Also, it wasn't too long ago that many people believed it was our elected officials jobs to protect our country's interests, instead of their own. Unfortunately, not many elected officials held or hold that belief.
8/28/2019 6:27 PM
BARR UPDATE: Report on James Comey to be released tomorrow. This is just the beginning.
8/28/2019 6:34 PM
Reckon Dougie just wet the bed again...........
8/28/2019 7:24 PM
my mang yang moves up to 6th
  1. Biden 32%
  2. Warren 19%
  3. Sanders 15%
  4. Harris 7%
  5. Buttigieg 5%
  6. Yang 3%

the chinaperson in it to win it!
8/28/2019 7:42 PM
Posted by all3 on 8/28/2019 5:42:00 PM (view original):
I completely disagree with you. The media has been doing this kind of bs propaganda for centuries. Old black and white movies often have subplots about the Press manipulating public opinion just because they can - Citizen Kane is a fine example and there are hundreds more. The job of the Press is to do whatever the hell they want to do.

It is the information consumer who has dropped the ball, through intellectual laziness, and is solely to blame. Stop pointing a finger at the media and start looking in the mirror.
8/28/2019 8:02 PM
BINGO!!! Can't be said any straighter! My compliments to you Sir!
8/28/2019 8:14 PM
When the media presents 4 or 5 different versions of the "truth", all slanted to pacify the person or people paying their bills, how does anyone know who or what to believe?
I agree that people's laziness and close-mindedness contribute to the problem, but I'm still not sure that's bigger than the media itself.
8/28/2019 8:58 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/28/2019 8:14:00 PM (view original):
BINGO!!! Can't be said any straighter! My compliments to you Sir!
I am humbled, thank you.
8/28/2019 9:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...655|656|657|658|659...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.