PDB!!!
9/1/2019 10:59 AM (edited)
PDB OF THE BEAST!
9/1/2019 10:59 AM
This number is a human number...

This number is 666
9/1/2019 11:00 AM

Coal Workers Continue to Struggle in Trump Country

President Donald Trump promised in 2016 to end the "war on coal," promoting "clean coal," but laid-off workers in Trump country are rebelling over lost jobs and missed paychecks, The Washington Post reported.

"These workers are showing how all workers are vulnerable to the efforts of corporations to deny them wages and benefits, but you can come together as a group and challenge it," Kentucky AFL-CIO President William J. Londrigan told the Post of protests over bankruptcy of coal company Blackjewel, which operates in Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

While the number of Americans employed in the coal industry has remained steady under President Trump, coal production in the U.S. is projected to drop from 711 million tons to less than 600 million tons over the next five years, according to Wood Mackenzie consulting firm analyst Gregory Marmon to the Post.

"The administration has definitely pulled back regulations, and that has stopped some of the bleeding, but renewable energy is so cost-effective, and natural gas prices are so low, the pulling back of some regulations has not been able to stop the decline of coal," Marmon told the Post.

Cumberland, Kentucky, in Harlan County – where Trump won 85% of the vote – featured a protest of laid-off Blackjewel workers and a coal rail amid bankruptcy proceedings selloff. It represents the places in the U.S. that President Trump vowed to work for in 2016.

"It just feels like we are still waiting," Boe Montgomery, 59, told the Post. "This town is just about done in, and they might as well just make it a lake."

Harlan County had a 13% unemployment rate when President Trump took office, which dropped to 7% at one point – according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics – but is now back up to 13% in July, per Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, the Post reported.

9/1/2019 11:06 AM

Another FAKE NEWS STORY from the wooden WASHINGTON POST. Manure for bottom feeders.
9/1/2019 2:09 PM

Bronx is a post deleter.
9/1/2019 2:16 PM

The story is actually good for Trump as he tries to hold the line.

What Bronx fails to mention is the intention of Obama and Hillary of KILLING COAL in America.

Bureaucracy central just decided to destroy an industry and replace it with empty promises. Typical.
9/1/2019 2:25 PM

I have to apologize to Trump for my lies. That sucks. All the rest of the FAKE MEDIA has been lying about TRUMP for the last 3 years and I don't see them apologizing. This is bullshit. I should be able to lie my *** off just like any other liberal.
9/1/2019 2:30 PM

AMEN brother.
9/1/2019 2:31 PM

We enjoy your feedback. Let us know what you think of this latest post.
9/1/2019 2:35 PM
9/1/2019 2:51 PM
9/1/2019 3:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...660|661|662|663|664...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.