TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by cubcub113 on 1/1/2018 7:20:00 PM (view original):
I bet cccp thinks that Affirmative Action is reverse racism.
The Government needs to step out and allow capitalism to run its course. When I interview people I see the person not the gender or race. If the white person is best qualified I will hire them and if not I will hire an African American or Asian American person. I don't need the Government to dictate to me on who to hire.
1/1/2018 8:05 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/1/2018 8:07:00 PM (view original):
The Government needs to step out and allow capitalism to run its course. When I interview people I see the person not the gender or race. If the white person is best qualified I will hire them and if not I will hire an African American or Asian American person. I don't need the Government to dictate to me on who to hire.
Cccp where do you work?
1/1/2018 8:15 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/1/2018 6:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/1/2018 6:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/1/2018 5:18:00 PM (view original):
I would like to ask cccp, all3, and doug what it would take to convince you otherwise on your stances on this issue. I am so confident in my being correct on this issue that if your ask is reasonable I bet a simple google search could find it.
I am 100% confident that you are wrong and that bad_luck is a stupid idiot. Color has very little to do with how successful one is. It is 90% culture and 10% other factors.
So.... nothing would convince you otherwise?
Life experience only. If you see specific racism let me know and I will stand by you and fight against it. I WILL NOT just blanket call the US an institutionally racist country. That is ignorant and false.
Soooo redlining wasn't institutional racism in any way?
1/1/2018 11:24 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/1/2018 8:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/1/2018 6:04:00 PM (view original):
Statistically African Americans and Hispanics commit more crimes so logically they will have more false convictions as well. It is culture based not race based. Capitalism is by far the best form of government and no it is not perfect but it works if the Government doesn't interfere and allows it to run its course. Even the poor here are wealthy compared to the poor in countries such as China, North Korea, India and Madagascar.
Except they don't commit more crimes. YOU. JUST. PROVED. MY. POINT.
Except they do as a %. You are a dummy yet again.

https://infogram.com/us-crime-in-black-and-white-1gzxop49q0okmwy
Wow, good point.

OK so now what to do with that info. Do we just assume that all black people are thugs and thus should be shot, innocently convicted, etc more?
1/1/2018 11:29 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 1/1/2018 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Cccp where do you work?
Commercial Banking and Leveraged Finance in Boston.
1/2/2018 10:23 AM
Posted by tangplay on 1/1/2018 11:24:00 PM (view original):
I would like to ask cccp, all3, and doug what it would take to convince you otherwise on your stances on this issue. I am so confident in my being correct on this issue that if your ask is reasonable I bet a simple google search could find it.
I am 100% confident that you are wrong and that bad_luck is a stupid idiot. Color has very little to do with how successful one is. It is 90% culture and 10% other factors.
Life experience only. If you see specific racism let me know and I will stand by you and fight against it. I WILL NOT just blanket call the US an institutionally racist country. That is ignorant and false.
Again, you are generalizing. Show me specific cases of racism and I will gladly stand with you and scream against it.
1/2/2018 10:24 AM
Posted by tangplay on 1/1/2018 11:29:00 PM (view original):
Statistically African Americans and Hispanics commit more crimes so logically they will have more false convictions as well. It is culture based not race based. Capitalism is by far the best form of government and no it is not perfect but it works if the Government doesn't interfere and allows it to run its course. Even the poor here are wealthy compared to the poor in countries such as China, North Korea, India and Madagascar.

Wow, good point.

OK so now what to do with that info. Do we just assume that all black people are thugs and thus should be shot, innocently convicted, etc more?
Nope, its not black people. Captain Racist. Children from married black couples commit a lot less crime than white children from single parents. It is culture. 70% of young African American kids grow up with one parent. Change the culture and stop focusing on race.

I gave you the three steps to not be poor in the US and hence no need to commit crime:
  1. Graduate High School
  2. Don't be a single parent
  3. Get a job
1/2/2018 10:26 AM
I make 1 - 1 comment on the subject and get lumped-in. Hilarious. I'll answer anyway. Do I think skin color make a difference how people get treated? Sometimes, by some people; absolutely. My 1 comment was to point-out that having white skin can be just as negative as having black, brown, red, or any other color skin, in some situations. People who are in the minority in any given situation are almost always going to be treated as a bit less equal than those in the majority and people in the majority are almost always going to have a target put on their backs by some in the minority. This applies to race, religion, height, weight, or just about anything else.
1/2/2018 10:59 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/2/2018 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Again, you are generalizing. Show me specific cases of racism and I will gladly stand with you and scream against it.
Redlining. Specific case of racism that still affects us.
1/2/2018 11:21 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/2/2018 10:26:00 AM (view original):

Wow, good point.

Nope, its not black people. Captain Racist. Children from married black couples commit a lot less crime than white children from single parents. It is culture. 70% of young African American kids grow up with one parent. Change the culture and stop focusing on race.

I gave you the three steps to not be poor in the US and hence no need to commit crime:
  1. Graduate High School
  3. Get a job
The divorce rates for everyone are up. Not just black people. So why are white people more successful? I checked, Hispanics are way up there too.

So part 1. I just went to a poverty simulation. A lot of people who are kids in that simulation want to support their family. They do whatever it takes to support their family. They go into what is called 'survival mode', not thinking long-term, and commit crimes. People get fired from their jobs because it is so hectic and they are late. DO A POVERTY SIMULATION. It really isn't that simple. Instead of saying 'just do those things' actually help people.
1/2/2018 11:26 AM
Posted by all3 on 1/2/2018 10:59:00 AM (view original):
I make 1 - 1 comment on the subject and get lumped-in. Hilarious. I'll answer anyway. Do I think skin color make a difference how people get treated? Sometimes, by some people; absolutely. My 1 comment was to point-out that having white skin can be just as negative as having black, brown, red, or any other color skin, in some situations. People who are in the minority in any given situation are almost always going to be treated as a bit less equal than those in the majority and people in the majority are almost always going to have a target put on their backs by some in the minority. This applies to race, religion, height, weight, or just about anything else.
I 100% agree. I am not trying to say that black people have it worse off in all areas, that would be silly. They do have it worse off in most important areas to me IMO. So I agree. (Wow for once I agree with all3)
1/2/2018 11:30 AM
Did you read the paper I gave you yet strikeout?
1/2/2018 11:30 AM
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 11:21:00 AM (view original):
WTF!!!

Give me name/place and I will stand with you. It is illegal to redline in my industry.
1/2/2018 12:07 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/2/2018 10:26:00 AM (view original):

Wow, good point.

1. Graduate High School
  3. Get a job
The divorce rates for everyone are up. Not just black people. So why are white people more successful? I checked, Hispanics are way up there too.

So part 1. I just went to a poverty simulation. A lot of people who are kids in that simulation want to support their family. They do whatever it takes to support their family. They go into what is called 'survival mode', not thinking long-term, and commit crimes. People get fired from their jobs because it is so hectic and they are late. DO A POVERTY SIMULATION. It really isn't that simple. Instead of saying 'just do those things' actually help people.
  1. Graduate High School
  3. Get a job
My parents came here with $100 and did not speak English. I had to walk to and from school by myself, make my own lunch and snacks as they took English lessons and looked for work. #2 has nothing to do with survival mode. Stop making F*CKING excuses for people who make poor choices. If parents are divorced then the kid still has more than one parent, they just aren't together. Single parent means I don't know who my dad is or my dad is completely out of my life. 70% of African American parents are single parents. Lower that rate in half and see what happens. We are not any more racist now than we were in the 60s when the single parent rate for African Americans was 20%.

What are your solutions, tangplay? Mine are capitalism and education on the three factors I have listed. Hell I would even give those kids a one time bonus of $25k if they could graduate high school, get a job and don't become a single parent. Not sure how I would monitor it.
1/2/2018 12:12 PM (edited)
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/2/2018 12:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 11:21:00 AM (view original):
WTF!!!

Give me name/place and I will stand with you. It is illegal to redline in my industry.
OK it is illegal now but my point was that it still affects us.
1/2/2018 12:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...66|67|68|69|70...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.