TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

AOC was elected by a majority of voters in ONE Congressional District.................. in NYC. The majority of folks who vote(d) their, voted for HER partly because they LIKE many of her positions on issues..........as well as a myriad of other reasons, probably.

THOSE voters have that right. I seriously doubt she could get elected anywhere outside of Tucson here in AZ. Maybe Bisbee, or somewhere, but I doubt it.........lots of retired miners around Bisbee and not a few rednecks (I suppose THAT word is now offensive to somebody, somewhere too.......GET OVER IT!!)

Anyway, it's not something that would normally cause an average yokel to get so concerned with.......... it's always been the case that voters in places like NYC see things differently than folks in Arivaca or somewhere else. Hell, they elected HRC SENATOR in New York. Crazy?, maybe but not dangerous...........and it don't spread like the pandemic virus thing..............

In shorter terms........it's a YUGE spin to try and claim support for El Trumpo based on some irrational FEAR that NYC folks are gonna spread AOC all over the Country. She wouldn't fly most places.

Personally, I think she's kinda cute. An opinionated young woman. Now, why does that scare folks?? LOL.
I'd let her eat dinner at my table anyday she wished.
Serve her my best grilled burger........looks like she could use one..........
7/24/2020 1:12 PM
The Trump campaign paid the Trump Organization $380k for a "donor retreat," broken into 43 payments under $10k....

Every single bank teller in America is required to report that, because it's a massive money laundering red flag.
7/24/2020 1:13 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/24/2020 10:16:00 AM (view original):
I'm still not sure why you think I am taken-in by Trump. That is you twisting things in your head and making them mine. I have said Trump is below average and does many things I wish he didn't. The simple fact is that people in/backing the current Democratic Party scare the sheit out of me. Biden is NOT one of them, but IF the Dems get control, how do we know who is next? Heck, people were already dumb enough to elect AOC, so who's to say someone like correander isn't in the near future, if that's a road we allow ourselves to go down?
This whole argument is complete nonsense. We have free elections every 2 years. The only person in the Federal government who's ever talked about ignoring the results of our free elections is Trump. So if whatever party is currently in power swings the pendulum too far, the voters can just push it back. The Democrats "getting control" doesn't mean they get to pick the next POTUS. The party currently in power tends to lose Congressional seats in elections throughout the history of our current stable 2-party system (which I would argue started in the 1920s-1930s, maybe the 1910s; before this Republicans had a virtual stranglehold). Since FDR and Truman, the only time one party has won 3 consecutive presidential elections was Reagan-Bush, and Bush failed in his reelection bid. The historical record is very clear - controlling the White House and the House makes a party likely to lose votes, not pick the next generation of political leadership. If Al Gore had won the court battles with Bush, we likely would not have had the more liberal Obama in the White House. At least not in 2008. If we elect Biden, we're less likely to elect the almost-inevitably more liberal candidate who will follow him.

You're grasping at straws.
7/24/2020 3:34 PM
#nailedit
7/24/2020 4:35 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 7/24/2020 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/24/2020 10:16:00 AM (view original):
I'm still not sure why you think I am taken-in by Trump. That is you twisting things in your head and making them mine. I have said Trump is below average and does many things I wish he didn't. The simple fact is that people in/backing the current Democratic Party scare the sheit out of me. Biden is NOT one of them, but IF the Dems get control, how do we know who is next? Heck, people were already dumb enough to elect AOC, so who's to say someone like correander isn't in the near future, if that's a road we allow ourselves to go down?
This whole argument is complete nonsense. We have free elections every 2 years. The only person in the Federal government who's ever talked about ignoring the results of our free elections is Trump. So if whatever party is currently in power swings the pendulum too far, the voters can just push it back. The Democrats "getting control" doesn't mean they get to pick the next POTUS. The party currently in power tends to lose Congressional seats in elections throughout the history of our current stable 2-party system (which I would argue started in the 1920s-1930s, maybe the 1910s; before this Republicans had a virtual stranglehold). Since FDR and Truman, the only time one party has won 3 consecutive presidential elections was Reagan-Bush, and Bush failed in his reelection bid. The historical record is very clear - controlling the White House and the House makes a party likely to lose votes, not pick the next generation of political leadership. If Al Gore had won the court battles with Bush, we likely would not have had the more liberal Obama in the White House. At least not in 2008. If we elect Biden, we're less likely to elect the almost-inevitably more liberal candidate who will follow him.

You're grasping at straws.
I appreciate that you took the time to post a real thought-out, fact-filled post. Don't see many, if any of those around here. You make good points, but am not buying that Political History has any bearing on current Politics. Politics is a new animal these days. I just can't stop fearing for that slippery slope. If Biden wins, hopefully your straws are right and not mine.
7/25/2020 9:43 AM
You should commit to voting for Biden then because he's the better candidate, and then fight hard against someone like AOC if she runs in the future.
7/25/2020 11:51 AM
7/25/2020 1:24 PM
7/25/2020 1:25 PM
Further proof showing that Trump didn't fundamentally change the economy.
7/25/2020 2:21 PM
Posted by tangplay on 7/25/2020 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Further proof showing that Trump didn't fundamentally change the economy.
Oh, I'd argue he fundamentally changed the economy.
7/25/2020 5:43 PM
Good point, lol
7/25/2020 5:47 PM
Yeah he did. How many Economic records were set during his term? Wasn't lowest minority unemployment rate one of those? Didn't hear any of you complaining about that extra allowance while doing your taxes either. Who you going to try to credit for that extra money in your pocket?
Granted, his bumbling of Covid has helped things go the other way, but let's at least try to be honest about what was happening before the once-in-a-lifetime pandemic changed things.
7/25/2020 10:29 PM
It's like you didn't even look at the graphs. Unemployment didn't suddenly decline under Trump. He just had to not **** up a good economy, and he managed to fail even this low bar.
7/25/2020 11:14 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/25/2020 10:29:00 PM (view original):
Yeah he did. How many Economic records were set during his term? Wasn't lowest minority unemployment rate one of those? Didn't hear any of you complaining about that extra allowance while doing your taxes either. Who you going to try to credit for that extra money in your pocket?
Granted, his bumbling of Covid has helped things go the other way, but let's at least try to be honest about what was happening before the once-in-a-lifetime pandemic changed things.
Sincerely, you’re ******* stupid. And I realize you're at an age where your friends and family won’t say this to you, it might be respect or kindness or love, who knows. But I hold none of that for you, you simple minded shrew. You are an incompetent, low information, racist, dip. You pray to the Laffer Curve?

The Laffer Curve says HEY, what’s happened the past 6 months? Trump voters are ....ugh.

my daughter says hey and I play Arthur
7/26/2020 12:54 AM
Economics on the streets lag 18 - 30 MONTHS behind the econ. statistics! Every simple minded fool knows that. (or should!)
The economy that all3 brags on Trump about is Obama's economy.

Trump's economy is what we have NOW!
7/26/2020 8:33 AM
◂ Prev 1...764|765|766|767|768...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.