TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

There's a reason most, all, presidents don't try to tie themselves so closely to the economy.

And then there's the idiot.
7/26/2020 10:10 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/26/2020 8:33:00 AM (view original):
Economics on the streets lag 18 - 30 MONTHS behind the econ. statistics! Every simple minded fool knows that. (or should!)
The economy that all3 brags on Trump about is Obama's economy.

Trump's economy is what we have NOW!
That's not really fair. The covid economy is what we have now.
7/26/2020 11:32 AM
Does anyone truly believe that if Trump wasn't President, the economic recession would be just as bad?

Trump undoubtedly has a massive role to play in this.
7/26/2020 11:45 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 7/26/2020 11:32:00 AM (view original):
Economics on the streets lag 18 - 30 MONTHS behind the econ. statistics! Every simple minded fool knows that. (or should!)

It's 100% fair because of his handling of COVID plus how he tied himself to the economy. He doesn't get to own the highs and disown the lows, thats an insane grading curve.
7/26/2020 12:08 PM
It's every bit as "fair" as folks trying to claim credit for Trump for the economy pre-Covid-19!!

Trump will end up setting a new record for most massive national debt increase in one term. Breaking the record held by W's daddy.
HOW the hell can THAT be good for an economy, long-term.........please educate me?
7/26/2020 1:00 PM

Come on bob, reverting back to the old "everything good now Is O'bama's doing and everything bad now is Trump's doing " routine? I thought we were way past that. FWIW, those records were being set more than 30 months after Trump took office, but that's just a fact, so I'm sure it wasn't a factor in your thinking.
7/27/2020 10:42 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 7/26/2020 12:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 7/26/2020 11:32:00 AM (view original):

It's 100% fair because of his handling of COVID plus how he tied himself to the economy. He doesn't get to own the highs and disown the lows, thats an insane grading curve.
Readily admit Trump has handled Covid poorly and deserves blame for some of the economic downturn. Stubborn, arrogant, do what I want when I want Americans are to blame for the rest. My wife has been on several Missions trips and hears what it's like in other Countries. You DON'T try going-out without a mask (or with it down around your neck), or holding parties there, or you find your azz involuntarily "quarantined" in jail. I gotta believe Trump's (the Republican) economy would be much better for this County post-Covid than the Dem. one. You may disagree, but the truth is no matter what happens.
7/27/2020 10:50 AM (edited)
All3 seems seems extremely overconfident in this baseless claim considering that the last two recessions came with Republican Presidents and the last economic recovery was under Obama.

Face facts: Trump has done NOTHING significant for the economy. Trusting him is using blind faith.
7/27/2020 11:33 AM
In the past couple of weeks, senior advisers began presenting Trump with maps and data showing spikes in coronavirus cases among ‘our people’ in Republican states, a senior administration official said.

oh. ok.
7/27/2020 12:14 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/27/2020 10:42:00 AM (view original):

Come on bob, reverting back to the old "everything good now Is O'bama's doing and everything bad now is Trump's doing " routine? I thought we were way past that. FWIW, those records were being set more than 30 months after Trump took office, but that's just a fact, so I'm sure it wasn't a factor in your thinking.
LOL. 18 - 30 MONTHS is an approximation, of course. IF the "records" (I'm laughing at THAT, too!) were set on month 32 it is completely immaterial to the point. WE ALL enjoyed the Obama economy for way way way after HE left office. I'd ask you to point to ANY specific economic policy actually initiated by Trump that has had ANY positive effect on our economy except it's a waste of time to read your BS response because there has been NONE!. NADA, ZIP.

Not IF you're measuring the overall economy as I do. How well is it performing for the average yokel? And that's an easy answer. Poorly......... and every one of Trump's "measures" and policies have been designed to assist the very few at the top...........as well as funnel money to corporate interests.

His economy is to steal from the middle and reward his cronies at the top!
ALL on the dole and at the expense of YOUR Grandkids!

They won't be able to pay the bill when it's called in.

IF they KNEW where you stood Grandpa (with Trump), at this time, they'd curse you----Bigly!

Of course that's just MY opinion. And I might be real ignorant. And Trump might actually know more than the Generals, and the Scientists, and the Health Experts and Virologists, and the Intelligence Community, and any REAL conservative Republicans left out there...........

I wouldn't bet on it though----------If'n I was you.

Tell you what..............why don't all you Trump believers go out and invest all your excess cash in Trump stock??
Put your money where your mouths are, so to speak.
I ain't expecting any bigger rush to the stock broker than I was from leftists heading for the border after the last election.
It's ALL just BS.
7/27/2020 12:34 PM
Steal from the middle and reward his cronies at the top?
Do you have more money in your pocket than you did 4 years ago (due to new tax laws and IRS changes)? I know I do, and I don't come anywhere close to grossing, let alone netting, 6-figures any more. LOL at your BS, as I speak from personal experience. Be honest and answer the question relative to yourself. I'd bet it's the same as mine (except maybe the 6-figure part).
7/27/2020 2:45 PM

due to new tax laws and IRS changes

7/27/2020 3:01 PM
Actually, his big tax doo-dah was just a postponement of your weekly deduction. Thus, normal wage earners (those making under 150 K/yr.) just had to pay MORE at the end of the year when filing their taxes. It was smoke and mirrors, a trick, designed to get money into the economy now, but at the expense of later, and larger tax returns. Period.

FYI.

My wife and I file jointly. We paid over $4,000.00 taxes for the privilege of living in the U.S.A. last year alone. We make way under 50K.

I'd bet there are 1000's of very rich people in this Country who paid way less, AND I'd bet Donald Trump was one of them.

NOTHING Trump has enacted has helped the weekly wage earner who doesn't have multiple investments and tax shelters like all the ricos have.
That's the majority of working Americans.

The sad truth is the enormous National budget (which has a MASSIVE shortfall year after year) is being financed by working stiffs...........while guys like Trump pay squat!

And every working stiff in MOST states pays State taxes, too. Ours was over a Grand.

Stupid is defined as a poor (or lower middle class economically) person voting for a Republican thinking the Republican is out to help HIM!
It has always been such!
7/27/2020 3:09 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/27/2020 2:45:00 PM (view original):
Steal from the middle and reward his cronies at the top?
Do you have more money in your pocket than you did 4 years ago (due to new tax laws and IRS changes)? I know I do, and I don't come anywhere close to grossing, let alone netting, 6-figures any more. LOL at your BS, as I speak from personal experience. Be honest and answer the question relative to yourself. I'd bet it's the same as mine (except maybe the 6-figure part).
I know I do not have any more money in my pocket. I have much less since my wife lost her job to the pandemic. Is that Trump's fault? No, but he certainly has not helped things. Even before my wife lost her job, I doubt I had more money in my pocket, and between the two of us we did gross 6 figures in income.
7/27/2020 6:39 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/27/2020 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Actually, his big tax doo-dah was just a postponement of your weekly deduction. Thus, normal wage earners (those making under 150 K/yr.) just had to pay MORE at the end of the year when filing their taxes. It was smoke and mirrors, a trick, designed to get money into the economy now, but at the expense of later, and larger tax returns. Period.

FYI.

My wife and I file jointly. We paid over $4,000.00 taxes for the privilege of living in the U.S.A. last year alone. We make way under 50K.

I'd bet there are 1000's of very rich people in this Country who paid way less, AND I'd bet Donald Trump was one of them.

NOTHING Trump has enacted has helped the weekly wage earner who doesn't have multiple investments and tax shelters like all the ricos have.
That's the majority of working Americans.

The sad truth is the enormous National budget (which has a MASSIVE shortfall year after year) is being financed by working stiffs...........while guys like Trump pay squat!

And every working stiff in MOST states pays State taxes, too. Ours was over a Grand.

Stupid is defined as a poor (or lower middle class economically) person voting for a Republican thinking the Republican is out to help HIM!
It has always been such!
If you made under 50K combined and still needed to pay an additional $4,000 in taxes, you're obviously doing something wrong with your employer withholdings.
7/27/2020 11:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...765|766|767|768|769...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.