TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 2/22/2018 5:03:00 PM (view original):
That its getting better you idiot. Trump's new tax plan doubles the standard deduction so now struggling people will pay less in taxes as well.

You cry and whine but you don't have solutions. I think 2% is a pretty low #. So follow my F*CKING rules and we can help the 2%. Stop your damn racism argument. You agreed its culture not race.
2 million people.

You continue to make the argument that it is completely because of race that one is rich or poor - NOT TRUE

Do white people have an advantage? YES!
2/22/2018 5:28 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/22/2018 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/22/2018 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/22/2018 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/22/2018 4:47:00 PM (view original):
CCCP likes to make the argument that one needs to do three things to stay out of poverty:
1. Graduate
2. Get a job
3. Don't be a single parent

This is not true. The national poverty rate is 14%. Employment is at 96%, graduation is at 80%, and 71% of kids live in multiple parent families. There is a 54% chance that someone in America has done all 3 things, meaning that 40% of Americans (137 million people) have not done all of these things and yet are not in poverty. meanwhile, the chance that one has done none of these things is at 0.02% (60,000 people). So most people in poverty have done at least one of these things.

His main source is a 2013 report from Brookings.edu, which claims that "Our research shows that of American adults who followed these three simple rules, only about 2?percent are in poverty". So by my calculations, 130 million adults follow those three rules, and so according to Brookings's own numbers, around 2.5 million American adults follow these three rules, and STILL are in poverty. That's the entire population of Kansas! 432 of these people live in my town alone, it would actually be more unlikely that I DIDN'T know one of these people. 6% of the American poor follows these three rules, and are still in poverty.

In conclusion, the three rules are good rules to live by, and that is common sense. However, to make the argument that those three things will keep people out of poverty without fail is laughable. Brookings even says that other factors are at play. This claim simply does nothing to prove that institutional racism does not exist.
Of course its not guaranteed but it is a great start.Of the 2.5mil how many have drinking or drug problems? How many are just bad with money? How many are gambling addicts? There is NO institutional racism!!! Each case needs to be studied on its own merits.

If there aren't any jobs in Kansas then MOVE!!!
No way to measure that, Comrade. Many factors, many, many factors. We can spend all day listing all this out. My point was that just listing out good life tips doesn't prove anything. No one said anything about black people being poor SOLELY because of institutional racism. Would you agree that as a whole, black people are worse off?

You are mostly arguing for the existence of generational poverty, which I agree with. Now, if only we could see who was primarily poor in the 60's... I wonder....

The idea of uprooting an entire family to move to a place where you have no connections is crazy. My dad would argue that connections, relationships, and allies are the most important factor in getting out of poverty.

I would also like to remind you that Brooking's study was about staying out of poverty, NOT getting out from where you started... I would wager that that 2% was primarily from families that started in poverty..
If your connections, relationships, and allies are also in poverty, they can't help you get out of poverty.
Those who are outside of poverty. I should have clarified.
2/22/2018 5:28 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/22/2018 5:09:00 PM (view original):
My best friend is a teacher (teaches religion) go figure. He and his wife, also a teacher left MA for NC because they could not afford to live in MA. They probably make about $90k combined. Would be struggling in MA but live very comfortably in NC. Moving is an option.
not for everyone. Sure, the couple you speak of could afford to move. They both had decent jobs in MA. If you're a single parent and barely making enough to keep your family fed and with a roof over your heads, how do you propose that person can afford to move to another city, let alone a different state?
2/22/2018 5:29 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/22/2018 5:09:00 PM (view original):
My best friend is a teacher (teaches religion) go figure. He and his wife, also a teacher left MA for NC because they could not afford to live in MA. They probably make about $90k combined. Would be struggling in MA but live very comfortably in NC. Moving is an option.
Did they know anyone in NC? Also their income is above who I am talking about. Not comparable.
2/22/2018 5:29 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/22/2018 5:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/22/2018 5:03:00 PM (view original):
Can we all just agree on one law or regulation that needs to be passed? Just one?
What law? They just doubled the damn standard deduction? What other law? That money should grow on trees? I don't follow. Maybe have more people pay $200k for a college degree in history?
For instance, moving all confederate monuments to confederate graveyards and museums. Can we all agree on that?
2/22/2018 5:30 PM
I could give a **** about confederate monuments and where they are. How about we ban assault rifles for private citizens? Can we agree on that?
2/22/2018 5:35 PM
I can agree on that.
2/22/2018 5:36 PM
anyone who can't is an idiot
2/22/2018 5:36 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/22/2018 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/22/2018 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/22/2018 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/22/2018 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/22/2018 4:47:00 PM (view original):
CCCP likes to make the argument that one needs to do three things to stay out of poverty:
1. Graduate
2. Get a job
3. Don't be a single parent

This is not true. The national poverty rate is 14%. Employment is at 96%, graduation is at 80%, and 71% of kids live in multiple parent families. There is a 54% chance that someone in America has done all 3 things, meaning that 40% of Americans (137 million people) have not done all of these things and yet are not in poverty. meanwhile, the chance that one has done none of these things is at 0.02% (60,000 people). So most people in poverty have done at least one of these things.

His main source is a 2013 report from Brookings.edu, which claims that "Our research shows that of American adults who followed these three simple rules, only about 2?percent are in poverty". So by my calculations, 130 million adults follow those three rules, and so according to Brookings's own numbers, around 2.5 million American adults follow these three rules, and STILL are in poverty. That's the entire population of Kansas! 432 of these people live in my town alone, it would actually be more unlikely that I DIDN'T know one of these people. 6% of the American poor follows these three rules, and are still in poverty.

In conclusion, the three rules are good rules to live by, and that is common sense. However, to make the argument that those three things will keep people out of poverty without fail is laughable. Brookings even says that other factors are at play. This claim simply does nothing to prove that institutional racism does not exist.
Of course its not guaranteed but it is a great start.Of the 2.5mil how many have drinking or drug problems? How many are just bad with money? How many are gambling addicts? There is NO institutional racism!!! Each case needs to be studied on its own merits.

If there aren't any jobs in Kansas then MOVE!!!
No way to measure that, Comrade. Many factors, many, many factors. We can spend all day listing all this out. My point was that just listing out good life tips doesn't prove anything. No one said anything about black people being poor SOLELY because of institutional racism. Would you agree that as a whole, black people are worse off?

You are mostly arguing for the existence of generational poverty, which I agree with. Now, if only we could see who was primarily poor in the 60's... I wonder....

The idea of uprooting an entire family to move to a place where you have no connections is crazy. My dad would argue that connections, relationships, and allies are the most important factor in getting out of poverty.

I would also like to remind you that Brooking's study was about staying out of poverty, NOT getting out from where you started... I would wager that that 2% was primarily from families that started in poverty..
If your connections, relationships, and allies are also in poverty, they can't help you get out of poverty.
Those who are outside of poverty. I should have clarified.
Sometimes you have to pack up the family and move to create these.
2/22/2018 5:43 PM
Why would moving create more relationships?
2/22/2018 5:51 PM
meeting new people? That wouldn't create more relationships, just different ones.
2/22/2018 5:53 PM
That does it

#1) Bob STFU. History is not a marketable skill and any decent university costs at least $50k per year. Now you have ****** me off. Challenging my F*CKING heritage. Get lost. We are NEVER conversing again except for baseball. You are an ignorant and terrible person.

#2) tangplay. STFU. You whine and complain and never come up with solutions. Yes its two million people. And? What do you want me to do about it? What do you want to do about it? 2 million is better than 50 million. Lets get to 2 million and then solve how to help them? Use my method first. You NEVER have solutions just freaking complaints.

#3) wylie. We are moving the statues into your backyard.
2/22/2018 5:55 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/22/2018 5:53:00 PM (view original):
meeting new people? That wouldn't create more relationships, just different ones.
How the F is tangplay pro immigration but against people moving within the US? AMAZING!!!

2/22/2018 5:56 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/22/2018 5:55:00 PM (view original):
That does it

#1) Bob STFU. History is not a marketable skill and any decent university costs at least $50k per year. Now you have ****** me off. Challenging my F*CKING heritage. Get lost. We are NEVER conversing again except for baseball. You are an ignorant and terrible person.

#2) tangplay. STFU. You whine and complain and never come up with solutions. Yes its two million people. And? What do you want me to do about it? What do you want to do about it? 2 million is better than 50 million. Lets get to 2 million and then solve how to help them? Use my method first. You NEVER have solutions just freaking complaints.

#3) wylie. We are moving the statues into your backyard.
My solution: Create lots of individual poverty help sites like circles of hope, create more police accountability, stop criminalizing harmless drugs, especially in the black neighborhoods, fix school funding inequities.

There is a good start. Do you think we already don't promote graduating school? We don't already tell people to get a job? To not be a single parent?
2/22/2018 6:03 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/22/2018 5:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/22/2018 5:53:00 PM (view original):
How the F is tangplay pro immigration but against people moving within the US? AMAZING!!!

Most people immigrating come from far worse situations than what we have in the US. Also, immigration from country to country is way different from state to state.
2/22/2018 6:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...109|110|111|112|113...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.