TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/21/2018 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 6/21/2018 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/21/2018 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 6/21/2018 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Who made you the ref?
Relax. I'm watching the World Cup so scoring points is on my mind.
So am I.
Good to know there's another soccer fan on this website. It's only the most important tournament for the world's most popular sport.
Awesome clear by the Argentinian keeper.
6/21/2018 4:21 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/21/2018 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Not angry at anyone. Just pointing out the ridiculousness of being angry about Obama.
The reality is you simply pointed out a few things that justify why you think he was something special. The other side was making the case that you have to be able to accept that they might not find those things as impressive (to which if your counter is 'well then they are just stupid', then there is no point in continuing the conversation as you would exhibit a complete lack of rationale).
6/21/2018 4:23 PM
My analogy for Trump and liberal hatred goes like this.

You are walking down the road. You are happy. Things are good. Then suddenly you trip and fall in front of a large group of people. You are embarrassed and you lash out angrily at the next person behind you. Doesn't matter that they had nothing to do with your fall and might have even tried to help you up. Now, that person may also be an a hole who abuses puppies, but you don't wait to find out, you just start kicking him. And never stop, all because you couldn't walk the path in front of you.
6/21/2018 4:31 PM
Who made you the ref?
So am I.
Good to know there's another soccer fan on this website. It's only the most important tournament for the world's most popular sport.
Hate soccer, but love the World Cup. Ever since we hosted, I find it a can't miss event.
6/21/2018 4:35 PM
Fact that the LEFT wants McHale fired is insanity.
6/21/2018 4:36 PM
Posted by edsortails on 6/21/2018 4:35:00 PM (view original):
Who made you the ref?
So am I.
Hate soccer, but love the World Cup. Ever since we hosted, I find it a can't miss event.
Nobody's perfect :)
6/21/2018 4:41 PM
Posted by edsortails on 6/21/2018 4:31:00 PM (view original):

You are walking down the road. You are happy. Things are good. Then suddenly you trip and fall in front of a large group of people. You are embarrassed and you lash out angrily at the next person behind you. Doesn't matter that they had nothing to do with your fall and might have even tried to help you up. Now, that person may also be an a hole who abuses puppies, but you don't wait to find out, you just start kicking him. And never stop, all because you couldn't walk the path in front of you.
Hmmm, weird analogy. I don't think it really works.

I prefer this one.

You are walking down the road. You are happy, Things are good. Then you get a phone call from a friend. The friend tells you are being robbed. And the guy doing it is lying about it and there's an investigation, but a significant portion of the people in charge refuse to publicly acknowledge the ongoing thievery. You get ******. Then another friend calls. Their children have been placed in a holding center while their misdemeanor court case gets resolved. There is a chance they'll never see their kids again, even if they prevail on their case because there isn't a good tracking system in place. And this all could have been avoided but a lot of people are idiots and got their panties in a bunch over someone using a personal email for work.

6/21/2018 4:43 PM
Trump uses 2 unsecured devices as we speak. One for tweets, one for phone calls(Kim has the number). He refuses to switch over as it is too much trouble.

Imagine the outrage........
6/21/2018 4:49 PM
Of course it works, you just don't like that your side fell down when all it had to do was walk.
6/21/2018 4:50 PM
Posted by edsortails on 6/21/2018 4:31:00 PM (view original):

For those of you into literature, Tolstoy summed up things nicely on page 7 in Anna Karenina. The ellipses omit the example for each statement (which is redundant and unnecessary for this conversation.) Mind you, this was written in Czarist Russia in the 1870s.

"The liberal party said that everything was bad in Russia... The liberal party said that marriage was an obsolete institution and was in need of reform... The liberal party said, or rather implied, that religion was just a bridle for the barbarous part of the population...in [the liberal party's] opinion, the danger lies not in the imaginary hydra of revolution but in a stubborn traditionalism that impedes progress..."

This stuff is not new and not even uniquely American.
6/21/2018 4:55 PM
EDIT : replying to ed

?

That operates under the assumption that the outrage would be the same if Jeb Bush had won in 2016. It wouldn't.

There's a reason that even people on the right hate Trump. He's a criminal. He's stupid. He isn't qualified for the job he has and isn't interested in actually doing anything other than enrich himself.
6/21/2018 4:57 PM
It would be Jeb Bush specific outrage. But he might have lost to Hillary being such a career family politician as he is.
6/21/2018 5:05 PM
There would be people that disagreed with his policies and there would be the normal partisan bickering. You’re delusional if you think everything would be the same, though.
6/21/2018 5:12 PM
Saying Bush specific is an acknowledgement of a difference. However, if you don't believe the left would find reasons to constantly attack him, the delusion lies with you.
6/21/2018 5:15 PM
As I pointed out before, there are lots of people on the right attacking Trump. This is different than the usual partisan bickering.
6/21/2018 5:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...283|284|285|286|287...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.