TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by wylie715 on 7/18/2018 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/18/2018 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/16/2018 10:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/16/2018 10:04:00 AM (view original):
I just can't bring myself to read the last few pages of this lunacy. Did b_l ever even attempt to answer:
1) If a person can "relate" to a different gender on different days, why can't they "relate" to a different age?
2) If they can relate to a different gender, why can't they relate to a different species? (Are either of these "crazier" now than homosexuality and transgender where a few decades ago?)
3) Why shouldn't a person having a "relation" day use the restroom their body parts dictate and feel a bit uncomfortable themselves instead of causing others discomfort?
If so, or if he ever does (both very, very, very unlikely), would somebody please let me know. Maybe he'll take a World-wide poll first, since we know he loves his polls and believes they are never wrong. I'd be LMAO at this idiot if it wasn't both so infuriating and yet so sad that people actually think like him.
#1) BL does not answer questions that do not promote his agenda. He should be in politics.
#2) They can but it does not fit his narrative so he does not answer.
#3) Because that is how Leftists think.
That is not how all leftist think. I know you consider me a leftist and you know I agree with you on this issue. That's part of the problem with the divide in the country. People will think, oh you're a conservative or a liberal. I disagree with everything you believe. That's not the case. I know there are different subjects I agree with cccp. strikeout and others most would probably consider conservatives here and other subjects I disagree with tangplay, BL, laamiebob and the Taint on here (except maybe moy...think I may disagree with everything he says). If we are willing to accept that we all have different beliefs and opinions and some we may agree with and some we won't agree with, we'd get a long better.
You are not a leftist. You're a logical human being and overall seem like a good dude. We don't have to agree on everything.
Which is it? Am I a logical human being and seem like a good dude, or am I a terrible person, a liberal, and an idiot? All names you have called me in the past. (No, I will not go back and find the examples. )
Eh...I was probably having a tough day. I think you're OK overall. All those adjectives do apply to bad luck and tangplay.
7/18/2018 2:36 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/18/2018 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/18/2018 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/16/2018 11:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/15/2018 10:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/15/2018 10:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 7/15/2018 10:33:00 PM (view original):
I did answer. You didn't like my answer.

I'll answer again. It's inappropriate and opens doors to harassment and abuse. I feel like you are ignoring common sense to fight a political cause.
Common sense tells me that people tend not to get in other people’s in-stall bathroom business. Whether or not one person in a stall has a dick doesn’t seem to matter.
Your problem is utterly dismissing my concerns. That makes you an a hole. I don’t feel comfortable with my 12 and 14 year old girls sharing a locker room with a person who was born a male and still has male parts.

The fact that you laugh at that is interesting. I also told you my girls would not feel comfortable with such a situation. You dismissed that too.

Fine. What Planet Fitness must do is disclose in their membership agreement that people with penises may use the W locker room. See how many members they have left....

Allow Capitalism to decide.

But again that’s not my primary issue. My main issue is that Leftists dismiss other people’s opinions and label them as racists, bigots, sexist, etc.

Lefitsts are illogical. Bad luck is illogical. I truly hope Trump wins again.
No can do anything about your concerns. We can’t change laws every time an individual feels uncomfortable about something. If you can’t handle the fact that a transgender woman might be in the bathroom at the same time as your daughter, don’t let your daughter go to the bathroom in public. Or pick a restroom that is a one person at a time.

you never answered my question. why is the man who identifies as a woman's comfort more important than the comfort of the women he makes feel uncomfortable by being in the women's locker room?
So, where should transgender men and women go to the bathroom?

In the bathroom for the gender they were born as, or at home.. One person's discomfort is better than many people's discomfort. If you disagree, I'm still waiting for a reason.
7/18/2018 2:37 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/18/2018 2:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/18/2018 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/16/2018 12:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/16/2018 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/16/2018 11:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/16/2018 11:50:00 AM (view original):
The term senior citizen is, though. Same with young adult, middle aged, etc. Even “adult/child” differs depending on the context.
There are many articles that show that age and race are social constructs. Sorry. You cannot pick and choose what is and is not a social construct.

I don't even care that much because I won't change your mind and you will not change mine. What matters to me is that you acknowledge this EXACT fact. The country is divided because of such debates. We cannot even agree what is a man and what is a woman.

No, I’m pretty sure I can change your mind.
I am pretty sure in an MMA match you would submit in less than one minute to me. Opinions vary.
who the hell cares?
That post was to show how outrageous his post was.
okay, so why do you keep bringing it up? It will never happen, and other than maybe you and BL. no one cares if it did.
Just to make a point. Similarly bad luck changing my mind will never happen.

I'll answer again. It's inappropriate and opens doors to harassment and abuse. I feel like you are ignoring common sense to fight a political cause.
Common sense tells me that people tend not to get in other people’s in-stall bathroom business. Whether or not one person in a stall has a dick doesn’t seem to matter.
Your problem is utterly dismissing my concerns. That makes you an a hole. I don’t feel comfortable with my 12 and 14 year old girls sharing a locker room with a person who was born a male and still has male parts.

The fact that you laugh at that is interesting. I also told you my girls would not feel comfortable with such a situation. You dismissed that too.

Fine. What Planet Fitness must do is disclose in their membership agreement that people with penises may use the W locker room. See how many members they have left....

But again that’s not my primary issue. My main issue is that Leftists dismiss other people’s opinions and label them as racists, bigots, sexist, etc.

No can do anything about your concerns. We can’t change laws every time an individual feels uncomfortable about something. If you can’t handle the fact that a transgender woman might be in the bathroom at the same time as your daughter, don’t let your daughter go to the bathroom in public. Or pick a restroom that is a one person at a time.

you never answered my question. why is the man who identifies as a woman's comfort more important than the comfort of the women he makes feel uncomfortable by being in the women's locker room?

If born with male parts - M
If born with female parts - W
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 2:37:00 PM (view original):
The term senior citizen is, though. Same with young adult, middle aged, etc. Even “adult/child” differs depending on the context.
There are many articles that show that age and race are social constructs. Sorry. You cannot pick and choose what is and is not a social construct.

I don't even care that much because I won't change your mind and you will not change mine. What matters to me is that you acknowledge this EXACT fact. The country is divided because of such debates. We cannot even agree what is a man and what is a woman.

I am pretty sure in an MMA match you would submit in less than one minute to me. Opinions vary.
who the hell cares?
okay, so why do you keep bringing it up? It will never happen, and other than maybe you and BL. no one cares if it did.
BL will never change anyone here's mind. Neither will I or anyone else.
7/18/2018 2:38 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/18/2018 2:20:00 PM (view original):
"Victors always write history"

You sure about that Boris?
I don't think you are.
You see, there are 2 problems with that statement.

#1. The "victor" is not ALWAYS apparent.

Did the Romans write the History of Christianity?

or did the followers of the guy who lost/got crucified write the story?

How about the Hopi?
Is their story the story of victors?? or losers, but survivors?

How about the Jewish people's story?
Did the Jewish people win??
What? I think not.
Some survived, but win?

Not what I got from Anne Frank.
I'm old I forgot what #2 was...............
apologies.
Always. Romans did win for centuries and Christianity survived and thrived as the #1 religion in the world (Islam is catching up). Jews did win as the allies won and rescued those in concentration camps, took pictures and allowed them to tell their story. If the Nazis won then they would have spun it as infidels tried to rule the perfect race of Aryans and the ideology of Social Nationalism.

Native Americans, Inca, Sumerians, Mayans, etc. = losers and didn't get to write their history. They are portrayed as savages who were overtaken by a more modern and civilized army / society / civilization.
7/18/2018 2:40 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/18/2018 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/18/2018 1:01:00 PM (view original):
"It's coming!! and sooner than you think!"

Same thing we've been hearing for the last 18 months.

All the accusations, lies and BS, back-and-forth, do nobody, and certainly not this Country any good. Why can't everyone just let the system do it's job as best it can, and THEN react? I still go back to my original claim, made years and years ago, that this two-Party system will continue to separate and drag down this Country until it's people (us) get smart enough to support a 3rd Party.
I agree with you all3. Both sides are really not letting this play out. Some on the left is arguing that Trump should already be impeached and that Mueller is about to release his report, and the right says that Mueller has nothing (as if they know that) and that his investigation should be shut down.

What really worries me is that when Mueller releases his report, and if it looks bad for Trump, the right will already have worked up the narrative that Mueller's word means jack. What happens then? I can already see moy, CCCP, you, Doug, kz trying to deflect and backpedal...
Why do you care what we think? I don't care what you think.
Because I care about this country and our democracy, and I fear the direction we are headed in.
7/18/2018 2:41 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/18/2018 1:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 9:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/18/2018 1:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 12:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/17/2018 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/17/2018 11:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/17/2018 10:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/17/2018 9:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/17/2018 9:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/17/2018 8:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/17/2018 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/17/2018 8:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 7/17/2018 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 7/17/2018 7:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 7/17/2018 7:54:00 PM (view original):
Who knows what Trump and Putin's conversation was like. Putin, like Little Rocket Man, wants an audience, legitimacy, the means to make propaganda. So maybe Donald says I make nice for you in front of the cameras, in exchange for a toning down in Syria, or perhaps help on the world's stage to get NK to straighten up and fly right. The media will eat me alive, but they hate me anyway. I take the heat, so what? Perhaps better than escalating tensions between Washington and Moscow. Trump knows Putin is gonna work in the shadows, he's KGB. Why fan the flames? Perhaps Donald cut a better deal than we know...then again, perhaps he's a patsy...
LOL...you really think Donald could cut a killer deal and keep it quiet? Hell no.
Compared to the guy he replaced, yes...like I said, who knows? Surely he didn't go into that meeting to come out embarrassed. But go ahead, underestimate him. Again...
I deal with people I don’t necessarily like frequently as part of my job but in negotiations you sometimes have to eat it for the greater good.

I agree with Doc. No reason to anger Russia. We need all the allies we can get when dealing with Radical Islam.
If you think Putin is less of a threat than radical Islam you are the biggest moron on this forum. This may have been the dumbest thing you have ever said on this thread and that's saying something.
I 100% think so. When has Putin attacked us? Radical Islam caused 9/11, deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq. To me that is the biggest threat. And like bad luck you would never say that to my face, you are a coward. In terms of espionage and such, China is a bigger threat than Russia as well.

Thank you for making my point yet again that my 14 year old is smarter than you.
He meddled with our election?

Radical islam isn't equal to terrorism. Terrorists are one small branch on the radical islam tree. And those wars in Iraq and Afghanistan went real well didn't they? You cannot fight an idea.

Putin's Russia is directly at odds with American interests. He is trying to tear our country down. Additionally, he has a very corrupt government where rivals get killed.

How would you fight radical islam?
What was that virgin? Sorry, I missed that.

You are a coward, who is all for football players kneeling during the anthem and you argued that the US and the USSR were NOT allies in WWII. You are a moron. Radical Islam wants to wipe the US off the face of the Earth as do its people. You think Putin and the Russian people want to wipe the US off the face of the Earth? Dummy.

Radical Islam is 100x the bigger threat.

How would I fight it? I would firstly admit it exists. Something you refuse to do. You say small branch. If it is 1% and we know it is a lot more than that so it is 16 million terrorists. In the world right now there are about 16 million Jews in TOTAL.
More non-sequiturs. Radical Islam is not the bigger threat, lol.

You still think that terrorism and radical islam are the same thing. it isn't. More than 1% of Islamists are radical. But even Ben Shapiro says that less than 1% are terrorists.

But OK. Admit it exists. Radical Islam exists. You are the US president (shudder). What now.
No he doesn’t and if you re radical you re one step from killing and I d rather be proactive than reactive
Yes. He does. When you were proving your point about this in a very early discussion of ours you showed me a video where he said that very thing.

OK so your plan is to kill every single radical Islamist. Let's assume that you know exactly who is radical. So how do you achieve this? Do you go to war with every country that has a radical in it? How do we go about removing radical Islam.
Re watch the video. That is not what he says.
Give me a link back to the video in question.

From what I recall Shapiro is listing off the numbers of radicals in each country and then he says something along the lines of 'Now, radical islam is not the same thing as terrorism and if you argue otherwise you are either ignorant or uniformed.'

Just think logically about this. There are millions of radical Islamists. Let's say 16 million, like you said. 1% of 16 million is 160,000. Are there 160,000 terrorists in the world? Is there 160,000 terrorist acts every year? There were 1000 terrorist attacks last year. How does this logic make any sense?
Find it yourself. Geez.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg

This video at the 1:17 mark.

Radical beliefs are a lot broader than terrorists and anybody who argues otherwise is being naive or foolish or disingenuous. But, terrorists draw their moral and religious support from those who are not terrorists themselves.

You cannot use the terms 'radical Islam' and 'terrorism' interchangeably. Even Ben Shapiro agrees with that statement. And we all know that his word is the bible.

That is not what he is saying. To me in MY OPINION there is a thin line between a radical and a terrorist. I'd rather be proactive and get rid of the radical before they make a final step and become a terrorist.
Well then Ben thinks you are naive or foolish or disingenuous.

But keep with the thread of how we accomplish the goal of eliminating radical Islam.
7/18/2018 2:43 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 2:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/18/2018 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/16/2018 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/16/2018 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/16/2018 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/16/2018 2:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/16/2018 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 7/16/2018 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Obviously a ton of people thought it was going to influence something.....people that do this **** for a living. Whatever the reason, it's against the law.
I get it. I am just curious as to how? I logically cannot see it. I must know more!!!

Obviously the targets would be swing states. Maybe someone can write a book about it sometime? Derschewitz (sp??) thinks that this is not impeachable. IDK.

I do know this. Whatever Mueller comes back with, 50% of the country will like and 50% will hate.
But you will respect Mueller's authority on this, no? I just want to make that clear so there are no backsies when he releases his report.
How can I respect something I have yet to read. After the Stztrok (sp?) testimony I honestly no longer trust Washington or the FBI. Do you buy that he was unbiased? Things are so heated now I don't think anyone is unbiased.

If Mueller finds nothing then I probably won't believe him. If he finds that Trump and Putin are lovers, I will. No one would make that up, LOL.

As a sidebar. I thought that report on deflating footballs and TB was total BS. So I am a skeptic. I actually think Trump has been tougher on Russia than Obama was. He killed 200+ mercenaries in Syria, he armed Ukraine, he imposed sanctions on Iran, he is pushing on China and N. Korea. Why would Russia want him over HRC? Maybe to divide the country? I don't get it.
Mueller is biased. Everyone is. He also happens to be a conservative. And he is a good, honest man.

You don't know Mueller. You have no idea if he is good or honest. I am sure in 1985 they said the same thing about Bill Cosby. Conservatives are not Trump supporters necessarily. Not everyone is biased but most people are for sure. If that Stzork thing did not irritate you then you are not human.
I agree about Mueller. I don't know him. He may be a good person. He may be honest. He may not.
However I do disagree with cccp about not everyone being biased. Everyone has biases. Everyone.
Wait. I agree that everyone has biases.

Not everyone is biased but most people are for sure.

Also your entire argument to this point has been that Strzok was biased.

7/18/2018 2:46 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/18/2018 2:37:00 PM (view original):

In the bathroom for the gender they were born as, or at home.. One person's discomfort is better than many people's discomfort. If you disagree, I'm still waiting for a reason.
So what if gays make people uncomfortable? Blacks? Muslims? Public bathrooms for straight, white people only and everyone else has to go at home or in the bushes.

Because, you know, majority rules when it comes to public facilities.
7/18/2018 2:48 PM
On the topic of smugness, yes Strzok is smug, but that doesn't mean that they are not trustworthy. I think Trump and Ben Shapiro are smug. I am smug. Your point is?

The only point that matters is whether Strzok's biases affected his work. I say no. No one has debated me on this because we are too busy trying to decide whether everyone is biased or not.
7/18/2018 2:49 PM
WTF makes you claim "the majority" want transgender people anywhere?
The majority of crazy*ss Californians like you, maybe, but who else? (Show us numbers and facts, NOT your lunatic opinion.)
The majority of the World doesn't even favor homosexuality (as shown the other day, by comparing the places where gay marriage is legal vs. the places where all gay activity is still illegal), so how does your warped, BS-filled, make-sh*t-up-as-I-go-along-mind twist that into "majority rules" on transgender bathroom issues?
7/18/2018 2:57 PM
Posted by tangplay on 7/18/2018 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/18/2018 1:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 9:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/18/2018 1:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 12:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/17/2018 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/17/2018 11:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/17/2018 10:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/17/2018 9:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/17/2018 9:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/17/2018 8:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/17/2018 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/17/2018 8:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 7/17/2018 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 7/17/2018 7:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 7/17/2018 7:54:00 PM (view original):
Who knows what Trump and Putin's conversation was like. Putin, like Little Rocket Man, wants an audience, legitimacy, the means to make propaganda. So maybe Donald says I make nice for you in front of the cameras, in exchange for a toning down in Syria, or perhaps help on the world's stage to get NK to straighten up and fly right. The media will eat me alive, but they hate me anyway. I take the heat, so what? Perhaps better than escalating tensions between Washington and Moscow. Trump knows Putin is gonna work in the shadows, he's KGB. Why fan the flames? Perhaps Donald cut a better deal than we know...then again, perhaps he's a patsy...
LOL...you really think Donald could cut a killer deal and keep it quiet? Hell no.
Compared to the guy he replaced, yes...like I said, who knows? Surely he didn't go into that meeting to come out embarrassed. But go ahead, underestimate him. Again...
I deal with people I don’t necessarily like frequently as part of my job but in negotiations you sometimes have to eat it for the greater good.

I agree with Doc. No reason to anger Russia. We need all the allies we can get when dealing with Radical Islam.
If you think Putin is less of a threat than radical Islam you are the biggest moron on this forum. This may have been the dumbest thing you have ever said on this thread and that's saying something.
I 100% think so. When has Putin attacked us? Radical Islam caused 9/11, deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq. To me that is the biggest threat. And like bad luck you would never say that to my face, you are a coward. In terms of espionage and such, China is a bigger threat than Russia as well.

Thank you for making my point yet again that my 14 year old is smarter than you.
He meddled with our election?

Radical islam isn't equal to terrorism. Terrorists are one small branch on the radical islam tree. And those wars in Iraq and Afghanistan went real well didn't they? You cannot fight an idea.

Putin's Russia is directly at odds with American interests. He is trying to tear our country down. Additionally, he has a very corrupt government where rivals get killed.

How would you fight radical islam?
What was that virgin? Sorry, I missed that.

You are a coward, who is all for football players kneeling during the anthem and you argued that the US and the USSR were NOT allies in WWII. You are a moron. Radical Islam wants to wipe the US off the face of the Earth as do its people. You think Putin and the Russian people want to wipe the US off the face of the Earth? Dummy.

Radical Islam is 100x the bigger threat.

How would I fight it? I would firstly admit it exists. Something you refuse to do. You say small branch. If it is 1% and we know it is a lot more than that so it is 16 million terrorists. In the world right now there are about 16 million Jews in TOTAL.
More non-sequiturs. Radical Islam is not the bigger threat, lol.

You still think that terrorism and radical islam are the same thing. it isn't. More than 1% of Islamists are radical. But even Ben Shapiro says that less than 1% are terrorists.

But OK. Admit it exists. Radical Islam exists. You are the US president (shudder). What now.
No he doesn’t and if you re radical you re one step from killing and I d rather be proactive than reactive
Yes. He does. When you were proving your point about this in a very early discussion of ours you showed me a video where he said that very thing.

OK so your plan is to kill every single radical Islamist. Let's assume that you know exactly who is radical. So how do you achieve this? Do you go to war with every country that has a radical in it? How do we go about removing radical Islam.
Re watch the video. That is not what he says.
Give me a link back to the video in question.

From what I recall Shapiro is listing off the numbers of radicals in each country and then he says something along the lines of 'Now, radical islam is not the same thing as terrorism and if you argue otherwise you are either ignorant or uniformed.'

Just think logically about this. There are millions of radical Islamists. Let's say 16 million, like you said. 1% of 16 million is 160,000. Are there 160,000 terrorists in the world? Is there 160,000 terrorist acts every year? There were 1000 terrorist attacks last year. How does this logic make any sense?
Find it yourself. Geez.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg

This video at the 1:17 mark.

Radical beliefs are a lot broader than terrorists and anybody who argues otherwise is being naive or foolish or disingenuous. But, terrorists draw their moral and religious support from those who are not terrorists themselves.

You cannot use the terms 'radical Islam' and 'terrorism' interchangeably. Even Ben Shapiro agrees with that statement. And we all know that his word is the bible.

That is not what he is saying. To me in MY OPINION there is a thin line between a radical and a terrorist. I'd rather be proactive and get rid of the radical before they make a final step and become a terrorist.
Well then Ben thinks you are naive or foolish or disingenuous.

But keep with the thread of how we accomplish the goal of eliminating radical Islam.
He does not. Listen to his podcasts.
7/18/2018 3:02 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/18/2018 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 2:37:00 PM (view original):

who the hell cares?
BL will never change anyone here's mind. Neither will I or anyone else.
You're making my point.
7/18/2018 3:03 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/18/2018 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 7/18/2018 2:20:00 PM (view original):
"Victors always write history"

You sure about that Boris?
I don't think you are.
You see, there are 2 problems with that statement.

#1. The "victor" is not ALWAYS apparent.

Did the Romans write the History of Christianity?

or did the followers of the guy who lost/got crucified write the story?

How about the Hopi?
Is their story the story of victors?? or losers, but survivors?

How about the Jewish people's story?
Did the Jewish people win??
What? I think not.
Some survived, but win?

Not what I got from Anne Frank.
I'm old I forgot what #2 was...............
apologies.
Always. Romans did win for centuries and Christianity survived and thrived as the #1 religion in the world (Islam is catching up). Jews did win as the allies won and rescued those in concentration camps, took pictures and allowed them to tell their story. If the Nazis won then they would have spun it as infidels tried to rule the perfect race of Aryans and the ideology of Social Nationalism.

Native Americans, Inca, Sumerians, Mayans, etc. = losers and didn't get to write their history. They are portrayed as savages who were overtaken by a more modern and civilized army / society / civilization.
Oh yeah......... that was #2........ the word always. lol

I disagree with your American imperialist propaganda/view of history.
Not many folks claim the Jews WON in the 1930's-40's conflicts.......... you said it yourself:

"the allies won and rescued those in concentration camps, took pictures and allowed them to tell their story"

The Jewish people (thankfully for you and the World at large) survived and GOT to tell their story.
Quite well, actually. I'm continually amazed at how little you seem to know about it.

As for those who came before........... I particularly mentioned the Hopi, because of their "story" and beliefs.
The fact that you don't understand it is not THEIRS!
They believe, with some empirical evidence IMO, that THEY will yet become what you'd term the "victor".
They wouldn't see it that way, of course.
They'd see it more like........ those that still be. Those that remain. Blessed and nurtured beyond all.
Crazy stuff like that......... stuff I'm fairly certain is way way beyond your understanding.
Walk in Beauty brother Boris. Seek wisdom and understanding.
Teen-agers usually require both.
Life definitely does.
7/18/2018 3:07 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...407|408|409|410|411...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.