TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

when you say many americans i dont know what that means.
we live in a polarized society.
the ones who really dislike her are predominantly the trump base....you dont have to say not exclusively..... of course there are some liberals.
i dont take the opinions of the hardcore trump base very seriously.
i dont really take pride in being an american since trump was elected.....the country is so dumbed down and too dumb for even gun control.
im not talking about you but i see the strong dislike of her that predated trump as having been a harbinger of things to come.
if you say you dont think she was an effective leader fine...ok...np... but to buy in to the crazies that she should be derided...no way.
she was a symbol of progress which meant to the base or should i say debased more power for black people and women and that was anathema to the polorizing people...
6/5/2019 11:54 PM
Posted by dino27 on 6/5/2019 11:54:00 PM (view original):
we live in a polarized society.
the ones who really dislike her are predominantly the trump base....you dont have to say not exclusively of course.
i dont really take pride in being an american since trump was elected.
im not talking about you but i see the strong dislike of her that predated trump as having been a harbinger of things to come.
if you say you dont think she was an effective leader fine...ok...np... but to buy in to the crazies that she should be derided...no way.
she was a symbol of progress which meant to the base or should i say debased more power for black people and women and that was anathema to the polorizing people...

Most people who chose not to vote for her, and some who did.

I take them very seriously. Not taking them seriously is why Trump got elected. We need to listen and engage with people we don't agree with.

i dont really take pride in being an american since trump was elected.

America is still pretty great, regardless of who is our leader. That's pretty silly and reactionary.

Am I 'deriding' her? I don't think she is a bad person. I think she would be a fine President. Maybe even a better president than Bernie. I just think she is disingenuous and un-charismatic.

6/6/2019 1:37 AM
Posted by dino27 on 6/5/2019 8:17:00 PM (view original):
you say do not know why she got into public service...thus why do you know she vies for power.
and who is she in a world where deeds actually count.
I never said she just vies for power. show me where I said that? I just said I don't trust her (et alone any other politician).
6/6/2019 11:53 AM
Posted by dino27 on 6/5/2019 8:24:00 PM (view original):
there are some in politicians i love like lincoln.....jfk.......obama.......olivia martiano......bruno sammartino.
i dont have any emotional attachment to hilary but i respect the hell out of her with a world citizen gratitude for the great things she has done for the world......she has put it all out there and gets mostly derision........simply mind boggling.
im sorry but i dont get it.........channeling the toy store exec. in big......i dont get it.
there are many things I don't get. Like how anyone can continue to support and defend Donald Trump. But obviously, many still do, whether I get it or not. You don't get why I dislike Hilary Clinton. That's okay. Why do you need to get it? I don't get how some people are such big fans of the band, Rush. I like some of their songs but they never knocked me out like they do some people. That is okay. I don't need to get it. I'm sure many people don't get many of my likes of dislikes. My wife continuously watches those stupid Hallmark movies, sometimes again and again. I can't even stand to watch one once. Do I understand why she watches them? No? Does it matter whether I understand or not? No. She likes them, so she watches them. You are never going to understand everyone's motivation, so why bother trying?
6/6/2019 11:58 AM
I am proud to be an American, regardless of who the POTUS is. I think Trump does many things to embarrass himself and the country, but that doesn't make me any less proud to be an American. Most of what he does embarrasses himself moreso than the country. But it is not a good look in my opinion.
6/6/2019 12:01 PM
im embarrassed because of the 45 % as much as by trump.
we live in a country too dumb to have gun control.
6/6/2019 12:21 PM
"I don't get how some people are such big fans of the band, Rush."

I felt exactly the same way about Rush. Had friends/bandmates that just LOVED Rush. They were rock gods so to speak.
Me? I just couldn't stomach Geddy Lee's nasally shrill operatic voice and while I did GET how good Lifeson (?) was on guitar and Neal Peart was (of course) powerful and impresive behind the "kit".......... most of their stuff just didn't grab me and "hold on"................

Until, (on a whim) I bought this little (cheap) EP CD called Rush "Feedback".
It's an EP of covers. 7 or 8 songs. Rush covering The Who (The Seeker), Buffalo Springfield (For What It's Worth), Neil Young (Mr. Soul), Summertime Blues, Crossroads, etc.

Extremely GOOD!!!

I still don't listen to Rush's own CD's much.
LOL
6/6/2019 1:18 PM
Posted by dino27 on 6/6/2019 12:21:00 PM (view original):
I would agree with that. But what can you do. Some people just gotta stupid.
6/6/2019 1:21 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 6/6/2019 1:18:00 PM (view original):
"I don't get how some people are such big fans of the band, Rush."

I felt exactly the same way about Rush. Had friends/bandmates that just LOVED Rush. They were rock gods so to speak.
Me? I just couldn't stomach Geddy Lee's nasally shrill operatic voice and while I did GET how good Lifeson (?) was on guitar and Neal Peart was (of course) powerful and impresive behind the "kit".......... most of their stuff just didn't grab me and "hold on"................

Until, (on a whim) I bought this little (cheap) EP CD called Rush "Feedback".
It's an EP of covers. 7 or 8 songs. Rush covering The Who (The Seeker), Buffalo Springfield (For What It's Worth), Neil Young (Mr. Soul), Summertime Blues, Crossroads, etc.

Extremely GOOD!!!

I still don't listen to Rush's own CD's much.
LOL
i dont like the voice either.
6/6/2019 1:23 PM
Posted by tangplay on 6/6/2019 1:21:00 PM (view original):
I would agree with that. But what can you do. Some people just gotta stupid.
trump was interviewd by piers morgan and described britisn hospitals running with blood over 50 stabbings.
he is evil.
population is dumb.
ibet we have more stabbings per capita then britian too.
6/6/2019 1:25 PM
I hate to tell you this, dino, but if you are embarrassed by other people being dumb or stupid, you are going to be embarrassed quite a lot. There are far too many stupid/dumb people out there.
6/6/2019 1:37 PM
we have the best govt structure to do good for its citizens and we waste it.
we are a stupid country.......
6/6/2019 1:40 PM
in my opinion, the majority of people are not very bright, or at the very least, they do not use the brains they were given. Not just America, but all over the world.
6/6/2019 3:32 PM

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

---- George Carlin
6/6/2019 3:57 PM
6/8/2019 11:22 AM
◂ Prev 1...560|561|562|563|564...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.