TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

CATS MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A ***** SPERM BREATH
7/26/2019 4:16 PM
wow! LOOKS LIKE I HIT A SENSITIVE SPOT
7/26/2019 4:24 PM

WOW! Bracco really is FULL OF IT!
7/26/2019 4:32 PM

I don't think he'll be back this evening. Move on.
7/26/2019 4:59 PM

Were we talking about ME or ILLEGAL border crossers?
7/26/2019 5:27 PM
1. Go back to catch and release, with heavy incentives to show up to trial. WTF?

2. Never use detention centers and remove military from the border. WTF?

3. Ban sanctuary cities REALLY? I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY.

4. Deploy aid to central america, like we did earlier this decade. WHY? EXPLAIN.

5. Keep ports of entry open. HELL NO! NOT IF THE DEMONAZIS KEEP BLOCKING AMERICAN CITIZENS

6. Make the pathway to citizenship open and more accessible. **** NO!

This is not smart or good or even humanitarian. I am so sorry for you people who have been mislead.
7/26/2019 6:04 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/26/2019 2:23:00 PM (view original):
1) Cause I am right.

2) I disagree.

3) I disagree.

4) I disagree

5) I disagree.

6) If your parents steal a car it is not your fault but would you have to give it back? Yes or no?

The Law is broken and needs to be fixed. Obama told them not to come either. It was a bi partisan agreement until Trump won. Until we balance the budget we need to halt all asylum and shrink legal immigration significantly.
You are gonna have to clarify your positions on 2-5, because I have no idea what you disagree with...

You disagree that the US has not met carrying capacity?
You disagree that the US helped instill dictatorships in central america in the 20th century?
You disagree that we can help asylum seekers?
You disagree that we have helped them in the past?
You disagree that the wall will cost more than aid to central america?
And I would appreciate if you define ports of entry, because it seems like you think that ports of entry have something to do with Mexico, or that Mexico would care about them? It's not like a regular port...

In terms of #6, I already responded to this... A car is a luxury, while a home, food, water, safety, etc isn't.

Obama instilled catch and release, for the most part. Your idea that Trump didn't drastically change the immigration system is flat out wrong, because Trump campaigned for immigration REFORM during his campaign, and has altered the way we treat asylum seekers.

AGAIN, you continue to ignore the fact that immigrants help the economy. Closing the border to asylum seekers (and letting them die) is completely counterproductive from an economic standpoint.
7/26/2019 6:17 PM
If you want, we can take this debate to the "Delusion" thread, where we won't have to worry about long Doug vs Bracco chains...
7/26/2019 6:18 PM
1) Cause I am right.

2) I disagree.

3) I disagree.

4) I disagree

5) I disagree.

6) If your parents steal a car it is not your fault but would you have to give it back? Yes or no?

The Law is broken and needs to be fixed. Obama told them not to come either. It was a bi partisan agreement until Trump won. Until we balance the budget we need to halt all asylum and shrink legal immigration significantly.
I thought you were always right?????
7/26/2019 6:26 PM
Posted by tangplay on 7/26/2019 6:18:00 PM (view original):
If you want, we can take this debate to the "Delusion" thread, where we won't have to worry about long Doug vs Bracco chains...
HMMM........Why would you want to do that?

People get blocked and redlined on your thread. Why do you want it under your control?

I made like....ONE POST? And you are all freaked? What's the problem TANG?

Bracco isn't coming back. And I got a question for you. DO YOU SUPPORT BRACCO?

HERE'S A BETTER QUESTION! WHY DON'T YOU LET PEOPLE ALONE TO GO AND DO WHAT THEY WANT?

7/26/2019 6:33 PM
BTW, here are some receipts that back up my points, and I can provide more if you want...

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/what-is-a-port-of-entry.html

A Port of Entry, or “POE” is a specific place where a person can lawfully enter a country. It is usually at a place like an international airport, railways, or ship docks, and at various highways along the national border.

https://thinkprogress.org/america-could-contain-many-many-many-more-people-8980307f4660/

Something that comes up when I write about immigration is the idea that the United States is somehow running short of capacity to absorb immigrants. I see no reason to believe that this is the case...
New Jersey, if you’ve been there, isn’t exactly a dystopian nightmare of overcrowding.... And yet if the whole land area of the non-Alaska, non-Hawaii United States were as dense on average as New Jersey it would hold 3.5 billion people... the point is simply that accommodating the people as such is not the issue. The fact that infrastructure can’t be built out instantly is a real issue, but we’ve had population growth rates 0.5–1 percentage point higher than we do now with no problem.

(The only other source I could find about US carrying capacity was from 2004, wasn't a reliable source, and projected it at 200 million which is just... lol)

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2018/6/20/18380269/u-s-support-for-brutal-central-american-dictators-led-to-today-s-border-crisis

In the 20th century, when countries like El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala were in
their formative modern periods and could have truly progressed, the United States opted
in every case not for the necessary land, government and political reforms but to support
military dictators and far-right candidates who kept Central America locked in the
hopeless despair that still drives tens of thousands of them to El Norte...

The most sobering reality for Americans is that, in almost every case and at almost every
moment when productive change in these small societies could have taken place,
Washington moved decisively to stop it...

https://wais.stanford.edu/USA/us_supportforladictators8303.html <-- Really good and simple look at the USA supporting dictatorships by country...

https://www.splcenter.org/20181002/history-asylum-united-states

Judges are denying a growing share of asylum claims. In the five-year period ending in FY 2017, asylum denials jumped to 61.8 percent from 44.5 percent...

Claims by applicants from Mexico saw the highest denial rate among the 10 nationalities with the most asylum cases: 88 percent of claims were rejected. The three Central American countries referred to as the Northern Triangle, which saw a five-fold increase of asylum seekers between 2012 and 2017, also had very high denial rates: El Salvador (79.2 percent), Honduras (78.1 percent) and Guatemala (74.7 percent)...

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trumps-border-wall-how-much-it-will-actually-cost-according-to-a-statistician

The Trump administration wants to enforce border security with a combination of a physical wall and natural barriers that would protect the estimated 1,933 miles-long border between the United States and Mexico. Many different cost estimates have been thrown around, from as little as $8 billion to as much as $70 billion, with anywhere from $150 million per year to $750 million per year in maintenance....

In total, the actual physical cost of the wall would be about $25 billion.

https://cis.org/Luna/Alliance-Prosperity-Plan-Hope-Curbing-Northern-Triangle-Emigration

The Alliance for Prosperity Plan aims to reduce migrants' incentives to leave their countries by prioritizing a cause-based approach to address illegal immigration. The plan was first introduced by Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador in November 2014 and has been partially subsidized through funds allocated for U.S. foreign assistance in the region...

In December 2015, the U.S. Congress allocated $750 million in the 2016 budget for development assistance for Central America within the Alliance for Prosperity Plan. In FY 2017, Congress included a reduced amount of $655 million, and the Trump administration's FY 2018 budget request further reduces the amount to $460 million.

https://www.usglc.org/faq-violence-migration-and-u-s-assistance-to-central-america/

Highlights of U.S. assistance to Central America include:

Declining Homicide Rates: Homicide rates dropped by 42% in El Salvador, 13% in Guatemala, and 23% in Honduras from 2015 to 2017 with even higher declines of up to 66% in El Salvador and 78% in Honduras in at risk neighborhoods where USAID and the State Department targeted their programs.

Fighting Corruption: The United States supports the Mission to Support the Fight Against Corruption and Impunity in Honduras (MACCIH), an independent, international anti-corruption body that has enabled the work of anti-corruption judges, prosecutors, and investigators.

Creating Economic Development: In the Western Highlands region of Guatemala, an area especially prone to migration based on data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, USAID agricultural programming helped increase rural farmers’ sales by 51% and created 20,000 jobs in agriculture.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/01/31/us-militarized-its-southern-border-once-before-it-didnt-work/

In El Paso, Texas, a march is planned to protest the deployment this weekend. In Laredo, the city's mayor released a statement referring to the deployment as "false efforts" that will "harm morale and damage the economy of our region."

"Even though our communities are all very different and diverse, we all experience the same thing, which are the effects of militarization at the border," said Juan, who was one of several speakers at a news conference in Phoenix on Thursday. "Having an increased presence of military is scary, you know. It's scary."...

"I find the fact that the military is being deployed absolutely terrifying. The amount of militarization that we already experience on a daily basis and that we are currently living under is like living in a waking nightmare," said Eva Lewis, a resident of the small town of Arivaca just north of the U.S.-Mexico border.

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/24/trump-border-military-deployment/

“Having the military here is a disaster,” Anzaldua said. “Or more likely a tragedy. They are trained for war. They shouldn’t be here. But it’s not their fault.”...

They didn’t feel safer, only under occupation, he said, and people were suffering on the other side of the river, too. “They’re supposed to take in asylum-seekers and vet them to see whether they’re eligible to stay or not,” Anzaldua said. “A lot of those folks are families with children, and they’re suffering from the elements, and there’s no telling whether they’re getting food or water. It’s inhumane what they are doing.”

https://www.rescue.org/article/it-legal-cross-us-border-seek-asylum

People arriving at the U.S. border have the right to request asylum without being criminalized, turned back, or separated from their children.

Seeking asylum is legal. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry to apply for, or request the opportunity to apply for, asylum. "There’s no way to ask for a visa or any type of authorization in advance for the purpose of seeking asylum,” says the International Rescue Committee’s director of immigration, Olga Byrne. “You just have to show up."

"While the administration is saying people should come here legally and follow a legal process, it's making it impossible to do so,” says Byrne. “So many individuals and families have been trying to follow a legal process, but instead they’ve been stranded in Tijuana or other northern Mexico towns because they have been denied access to any U.S. official.”

More receipts coming soon, specifically in regard to immigrants and the economy. I have a lot there.

7/26/2019 10:09 PM (edited)
Posted by DougOut on 7/26/2019 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/26/2019 6:18:00 PM (view original):
HMMM........Why would you want to do that?

People get blocked and redlined on your thread. Why do you want it under your control?

I made like....ONE POST? And you are all freaked? What's the problem TANG?

Bracco isn't coming back. And I got a question for you. DO YOU SUPPORT BRACCO?

HERE'S A BETTER QUESTION! WHY DON'T YOU LET PEOPLE ALONE TO GO AND DO WHAT THEY WANT?

I won't redline people if they are being constructive. I don't care your opinion, as long as it isn't intentionally insulting.
7/26/2019 7:00 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/26/2019 6:26:00 PM (view original):
1) Cause I am right.

2) I disagree.

3) I disagree.

4) I disagree

5) I disagree.

I mean, he didn't know what a port of entry was, and claimed that asylum is illegal...

Plus he didn't know what the alliance for prosperity was, and claimed it would cost more than the wall....

so was he right?
7/26/2019 7:01 PM
You are out of touch. We have laws and borders. We are under attack. You are the enemy. You're killing me.
7/26/2019 7:08 PM
Posted by tangplay on 7/26/2019 7:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/26/2019 6:26:00 PM (view original):
1) Cause I am right.

2) I disagree.

3) I disagree.

4) I disagree

5) I disagree.

I mean, he didn't know what a port of entry was, and claimed that asylum is illegal...

Plus he didn't know what the alliance for prosperity was, and claimed it would cost more than the wall....

so was he right?
cccp is always right...or at lest that is what he told me.
7/26/2019 7:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...625|626|627|628|629...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.