TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Only in extremely naive people's imagination is it still NOT Republican vs. Democrat. The days of it being man vs. man are gone for now.
Also, only stupid people seem to think I have any reason to support Trump other than his Party and maybe his economics. Saying anything else is simply lie after lie after lie. Defending a man against false or questionable accusations is a far, far cry from saying he is good or worthy. Sorry that very simple fact is too difficult for some people to understand. You'd think as simple as they are, they'd understand simple facts.
8/9/2020 9:21 AM

Only in extremely naive people's imagination is it still NOT Republican vs. Democrat. The days of it being man vs. man are gone for now.

You have never substantiated this claim, aside from the argument that a progressive will follow Biden, which dahs destroyed.

8/9/2020 11:35 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 7/24/2020 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/24/2020 10:16:00 AM (view original):
I'm still not sure why you think I am taken-in by Trump. That is you twisting things in your head and making them mine. I have said Trump is below average and does many things I wish he didn't. The simple fact is that people in/backing the current Democratic Party scare the sheit out of me. Biden is NOT one of them, but IF the Dems get control, how do we know who is next? Heck, people were already dumb enough to elect AOC, so who's to say someone like correander isn't in the near future, if that's a road we allow ourselves to go down?
This whole argument is complete nonsense. We have free elections every 2 years. The only person in the Federal government who's ever talked about ignoring the results of our free elections is Trump. So if whatever party is currently in power swings the pendulum too far, the voters can just push it back. The Democrats "getting control" doesn't mean they get to pick the next POTUS. The party currently in power tends to lose Congressional seats in elections throughout the history of our current stable 2-party system (which I would argue started in the 1920s-1930s, maybe the 1910s; before this Republicans had a virtual stranglehold). Since FDR and Truman, the only time one party has won 3 consecutive presidential elections was Reagan-Bush, and Bush failed in his reelection bid. The historical record is very clear - controlling the White House and the House makes a party likely to lose votes, not pick the next generation of political leadership. If Al Gore had won the court battles with Bush, we likely would not have had the more liberal Obama in the White House. At least not in 2008. If we elect Biden, we're less likely to elect the almost-inevitably more liberal candidate who will follow him.

You're grasping at straws.
Reminder that all3's only response to this was, "Good point, I don't have any response, but I'm still clinging to my slippery slope argument."
8/9/2020 11:38 AM
Not sure where to post this. As it relates to (lack) of (any?) leadership on a National level I'll put it here.

Simple FACTS.
Unarguable facts that show how well the Good 'ol USA is "winning".

There are approximately 7.8 Billion humans on this earth at present.
There are, (approx.) as of 6/30/2020, 331,002,651 humans living in the USA.
That means that FACTUALLY 4.25% of the world's population lives HERE.
In this Country. 4.25%.

There have been approx. 19 MILLION cases of covid -19 identified globally so far.
There has been approx. 700,000 deaths worldwide so far.
Nearly 5,900 humans die each day! (on average now)
That's 1 human life every 15 seconds lost to Covid-19 illness/complications.

In the U.S.A. there have been over 5 Million cases of Covid- 19 identified. (out of 331 Million people)
Out of the Global total identified (19 Million) that is 26.32% of the global case total. (With 4.25% of the world's population)

In the U.S.A. we have suffered thru 161,000 deaths so far. That is 23% of the global Death total. (700K!)

This is what WINNING looks like?
This IS what lying about the severity and denying the scientific warnings, plus a basic lack of intelligent leadership and an abdication of moral responsibility to govern by example and put the Country ahead of one's SELF looks like in real time.

This ain't virtual babies. This is REAL.

And we have what for our leader??
An inveterate liar trying to convince us that up is really down.
It's all virtual you see?

What I am is what I claim, not who I really be.
Just ignore my 60 years of publicly available history.
The other guy is gonna take away your ___________.
Fear him, not what your lying eyes see.
8/10/2020 5:41 PM
Dude should be on Rushmore, clearly.
8/10/2020 6:18 PM
The “1917” Spanish flu probably ended WW2. Ok.
8/10/2020 7:19 PM
What % of the Covid tests have been administered in the US?
If any Country has a much higher % of tests (as I suspect the US has), of course they are going to have a higher positive %.

More and more people (listen to the sports world) coming-out and putting the blame where it should be - on the stubborn, "You can't tell me what to do" American people.
8/10/2020 8:01 PM
Posted by all3 on 8/10/2020 8:01:00 PM (view original):
If any Country has a much higher % of tests (as I suspect the US has), of course they are going to have a higher positive %.

More and more people (listen to the sports world) coming-out and putting the blame where it should be - on the stubborn, "You can't tell me what to do" American people.
Yeah, Clay Travis should be shamed from talking in public ever again, agreed.
8/10/2020 8:05 PM

You never explained why Republicans self-report much lower rates of mask-wearing than Democrats.
8/10/2020 9:14 PM

Once again, no one is saying the stubborn American public is not partly to blame, but if you don't think it would have made a difference if the POTUS had not downplayed the virus from the start, or if he had worn a mask from the start, then you really are delusional.
8/10/2020 10:36 PM
Delusional or simply NOT worth the time to engage!

There is NO defense of the "job" our elected leaders have done with this virus' spread.
OUR Country has (simply put) done a horrid job of identifying and isolating cases.
FACT!

In Arizona we STILL don't have adequate testing and we have (virtually) NO contact tracing!

Other Countries around the globe have tested FAR more (much higher %) of their populace than we have.
Using testing as an excuse for our high amount of identified cases is a total red herring.
IF we could test at an adequate rate our "identified case" total would be double (at least!) what is is now reported as.

all3 has just bought in to any and all excuses/lies the criminal in the WH uses.
It doesn't matter the level of preposterous lie.
Trump has perverted his logical abilities.
in short-----blind or stupid!
8/11/2020 9:06 AM
My money is on stupid.
8/11/2020 2:48 PM
Trump saying clearly on Fox why he won’t fund USPS. “Now they need that money in order to make the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots...But if they don’t get those two items that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting...”
8/13/2020 8:22 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 8/10/2020 10:36:00 PM (view original):

Once again, no one is saying the stubborn American public is not partly to blame, but if you don't think it would have made a difference if the POTUS had not downplayed the virus from the start, or if he had worn a mask from the start, then you really are delusional.
Once again, I do think it would have made some difference and have never said otherwise. I just don't think it would have been anywhere near the difference some here are trying to make it out to be. The majority of Americans don't care what the POTUS says (those who oppose him plus those who have tuned him out).
8/13/2020 10:23 AM
Love bob trying to determine what the "real" truth is. When did he get put in charge of that?
8/13/2020 10:24 AM
◂ Prev 1...772|773|774|775|776...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.